Recommended attire for DLR restaurants

donaldsgal

DIS Veteran
We have reservations at several restaurants during our upcoming Disneyland trip. As WDW vets, we know the signature dining restaurants warrant business casual attire, unless in the parks (like Brown Derby). Can someone tell me which ones in this list we should dress up for, other than the two I've already indicated below? Thanks!

Steakhouse 55 (already planning to dress up)
Cafe Orleans
Catal
Carthay Circle WoC Dining Package
Carnation Cafe
Chip and Dale Critter Breakfast
Storyteller's Cafe
Napa Rose (already planning to dress up)
Wine Country Trattoria
Blue Bayou Paint the Night Dining Package
Tortilla Jo's

There are no dress codes, other than possibly no shirt, no shoes, no service. You'll see people in park attire in all the places on your list.

Zero. Park casual is 100% acceptable and expected at all the restaurants. The two you noted...Napa Rose and Steakhouse 55 folks will tend to get a bit dressier as it can be a nice night out but there is not dress code for any of them. You may feel a bit outta place in a tank to and beach wear, but shorts and T shirt would be perfectly acceptable if you so choose.

I have been to a lot of nice places and at the park I am usually in shorts and a polo or short sleeve button up shirt and never feel anywhere close to outta place at any of those restaurants...including Napa Rose which I would put at the top of that list...and usually one of the better dressed at that.

Some will get totally decked out for Steakhouse 55 and Napa Rose which also is not out of place.

Last edited:
What Parkhopper said. I like to dress up a bit for Napa Rose, but they are absolutely ok with casual attire.

I always remember when I brought DD13 there to the Chef's Counter for a special treat. She'd had her face painted shortly before we left the park, a really cool half-face black and red design, and was sad that she'd have to wash it off for her "fancy" dinner. I encouraged her to go ahead and keep it, though she was doubtful. The staff were so cool about it. Everybody from the head chef, to random servers going by, to busboys stopped and complimented her on it. :)

Personally I tend to dress up a little for any dinner outside of the parks HOWEVER there is no requirement to do so.

Most people wear whatever is comfortable. I've ate at all of those places and a lot people wear t shirts and flip flops. Some people dress up at little but most don't.

We're the opposite. We tend to dress up for the parks most of the time and end up being on the dressier side of the crowd when dining. No one bats an eye and CMs even comment on fun aspects of our outfits. Dressy or casual, enjoy your dining experiences!

The only thing I'd add is that at Cafe Orleans and Wine Country Trattoria, the majority of the tables are outside; Carnation Cafe is about half and half. So I would dress in layers (if you're going when the weather can be variable) so that you can either add a jacket if you get cold or take off the jacket if it's warm!

Thanks everyone! We will be there this Friday, so no layers needed, but we are looking forward to lots of great food and even better memories!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter