Recommendations Regarding Queues Please

Spencer Wright

Constantly craving a zebra dome...
I have a trip coming up in August and could use some recommendations.

I am all about Attractions when I visit WDW, but typically leave in the afternoons for a relatively long pool break (love my AKL).

This trip I perhaps want to have more abridged breaks, which means longer waits in the queue during the afternoon. I am one of those people who basically keeps walking if the wait time is more than 20-30 minutes (and 30 is a stretch). So if I decide to spend more time in a Park in the afternoon, I might lean to waiting 45-90 minutes for certain Attractions.

My question is, what queues do you believe are worth a 45-90 minute wait? I really want to check out details of certain queues or find ones which provide a great way to relax and/or cool down. In particular, I am curious about FOP, Space Mountain, and Under the Seas with Ariel.

I have a trip coming up in August and could use some recommendations.

I am all about Attractions when I visit WDW, but typically leave in the afternoons for a relatively long pool break (love my AKL).

This trip I perhaps want to have more abridged breaks, which means longer waits in the queue during the afternoon. I am one of those people who basically keeps walking if the wait time is more than 20-30 minutes (and 30 is a stretch). So if I decide to spend more time in a Park in the afternoon, I might lean to waiting 45-90 minutes for certain Attractions.

My question is, what queues do you believe are worth a 45-90 minute wait? I really want to check out details of certain queues or find ones which provide a great way to relax and/or cool down. In particular, I am curious about FOP, Space Mountain, and Under the Seas with Ariel.
Of those 3, FOP is the only one I would wait that long for. That being said, Under the Seas has a cool queue with lots to look at and Space Mountain is all inside, so out of the heat. I may wait 45 minutes for Space if I had too, but typically I wouldn't. But I would not wait more than 25-30 for Under the Seas, though fastpasses are generally easy to get for that ride (and Space) in the afternoon.

I have waited 45+ minutes for each of those attractions cheerfully but I have a hobby. I take my very nice Sony camera with me and I take pictures while in line. Last vacation was 33,000+. When I get home besides planning the next trip I edit my pictures. Takes months and I love it. And now that they have made most of the lines more interesting it just means more pictures.

I think the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh queue is cute as all get out. More for the kids (it's all a bunch of kid's activities), but I was really charmed by seeing all the thought put into the theming to keep kids occupied while waiting in line.

If you go at night, it probably won't even be that long a wait. And the Heffalumps and Woozles scene is always worth it.

The Space que is boring, IMO, but it is dark and cool. LM que is relatively cute, but you should be able to get a FP for that. Jungle Cruise que is one of my LEAST favorites. Hot as all get out, winds back and forth, and HOT. TOT que is interesting as is TSMM. I haven't done Slinky yet but I have heard that there are some cute things in the que but that it is all outside and HOT. FOP has some interesting things, but in the afternoon with no FP I'm guessing the line will be longer than 45 minutes. However if it is just you you may very well luck out with a same day FP!!

Why not use MDE to get same day FPs? We choose never to get in a Stand-by line of over 20 minutes and head to whichever same day FP we might find during those crowded afternoons. Pretty common to get 10+ FPs in a single day, even during the most crowded times, especially true at Magic Kingdom.

It's not part of your question, so forgive me for going a bit off topic but consider doing the less heavily attended attractions: Tom Sawyer's Island, Hall of Presidents, or Liberty Belle Paddlewheeler. You may also consider resort hopping around Seven Seas Lagoon in a boat. Or, maybe riding a rocking chair on Main Street in front of Tony's Town Tavern. Of course, you've got a fastpass for the AKL pools waiting in your back pocket. :)

Oh man, Tom Sawyer's Island is so worth doing! I can't believe I'd never gone, but my BFF really wanted to his first time out. It's just really great to wander and explore and bam, suddenly secret tunnels!

A good way to pass the time and look at details is using the Disney play app. Some queue have games where you have to look for details.

I'll have to look into it, I've never really given it thought before (now I have a halo phone charger so its a good option).

The Space que is boring, IMO, but it is dark and cool. LM que is relatively cute, but you should be able to get a FP for that. Jungle Cruise que is one of my LEAST favorites. Hot as all get out, winds back and forth, and HOT. TOT que is interesting as is TSMM. I haven't done Slinky yet but I have heard that there are some cute things in the que but that it is all outside and HOT. FOP has some interesting things, but in the afternoon with no FP I'm guessing the line will be longer than 45 minutes. However if it is just you you may very well luck out with a same day FP!!

Jungle Cruise is queue is so claustrophobic! Another one similar to that is BTMR. That is HOT and LOUD!

For FOP I would be willing to go to the 90 minute end of my range. Last year I was gonna wait 60, but the wait jumped to 90 by the time I got there and nasty storms were coming so I didn't go for it.

It's not part of your question, so forgive me for going a bit off topic but consider doing the less heavily attended attractions: Tom Sawyer's Island, Hall of Presidents, or Liberty Belle Paddlewheeler. You may also consider resort hopping around Seven Seas Lagoon in a boat. Or, maybe riding a rocking chair on Main Street in front of Tony's Town Tavern. Of course, you've got a fastpass for the AKL pools waiting in your back pocket. :)

It's actually a great idea, because I have not done a lot of these for several years at least. The Paddlewheeler was closed last trip.

I really love the Seven Seas idea, especially on the monorail. My trips don't involve too much monorail, so it would be a lot of fun!!

I personally wouldn't wait more than 10 minutes for the Ariel attraction....sooo lame and boring! But that's me. My favorite queue is at Test Track, where you can at least "do" something; i.e., design a car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter