Recommendations near Kennedy Space Centre and in Orlando

DisneyDillyDally

Mouseketeer
On our last day we will be renting a car and driving from DW to Kennedy Space Centre and then back to MCO. Any recommendations for places to get breakfast and/or for places to get dinner?

Although some might be inclined to boycott it because of the name, we've enjoyed eating at Dixie Crossroads in Titusville. It's about 5-6 miles North on I-95 from the Space Center exit.

Their specialty is shrimp (a fair number of varieties available... we're partial to the broiled Rock Shrimp that are a little bit like tiny lobsters). They bring a free corn fritter appetizer to the table (covered in powdered sugar like beignets, so almost more of a dessert).

You can get free fish food for the fish and turtles in the little pond outside (it's right next to the road, so not a bucolic setting, but still a fun activity).

Last edited:
My family went to Dixie Crossroads and said the fritters were really good.

For breakfast, I liked My Island Pancake House in Merritt Island. Portions are big.

We went to Florida Seafood Restaurant in Cocoa Beach. It was really good and busy. The prices were on par with other places we have gone to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter