Recommendations for room on property with balcony and great sunset views.

Cotillard

DIS Veteran
I've had lots of rooms at WDW with nice views of sunrise (at AKL and WL for sure), but not sure about sunset.
Polynesian LV CL, perhaps, but that's not going to be available in January.

Can anyone share photos or experiences with resort rooms with great views of sunset. Any resort category. Thank you.

edited to add: CR and BLT would be great, I guess.

Also the Contemporary TPV rooms have a large balcony facing west with great potential sunset views across the Seven Seas lagoon with the Polynesian Village and GF as backdrops . The north end of the tower has slightly better sight lines.

Rooms xx25-xx48 where xx indicate the floor number and start with 42xx for the 6th, 43 for the 7th up to the 11th floor at 47xx. With rooms xx37 - xx48 having the best sight lines.

A great option for January but not for June - September unless you love heat as the concrete really holds heat.

Dave

Also the Contemporary TPV rooms have a large balcony facing west with great potential sunset views across the Seven Seas lagoon with the Polynesian Village and GF as backdrops . The north end of the tower has slightly better sight lines.

Rooms xx25-xx48 where xx indicate the floor number and start with 42xx for the 6th, 43 for the 7th up to the 11th floor at 47xx. With rooms xx37 - xx48 having the best sight lines.

A great option for January but not for June - September unless you love heat as the concrete really holds heat.

Dave

Extremely helpful. Thank you🙏

Contemporary theme park view would be the best, as they face Wesr and over the lake so no obstructions..... the Boardwalk could probably have good views if you get lake view on the side closest to Epcot

We stayed at Contemporary last year. The tower choices are park view or lake view (we were in lake view) but I don't recall what direction it is. Theme park view rooms overlook the parking lot not the lake.

Theme park view rooms overlook the parking lot not the lake.
Only if you look down. The view is called a Theme Park View for a reason. If you have an odd numbered TPV room you can see the Castle from your bed. But the sun sets to the west over the Seven Seas Lagoon and the Polynesian Village and the GF.

You are correct about Bay Lake but what do you overlook on the Bay Lake side? The pools, waking paths and the marina. I do love a Bay Lake View for sunrise views from the balcony.

Dave

I wanted to show you the Contemporary TPV but all mine are daytime or fireworks. I guess I was never in room at sunset

Beautiful. Yes, it is sunrise. I've had a similar view over the lake at VWL:lovestruc Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter