Recommendations for Anniversary Trip

ColoradoLime

wait awhile between eating and goat staring
I'm planning way ahead for our 20th anniversary in 2024. In addition to our anniversary we are also going during Marathon Weekend. And no kids! So we're going to splurge. But I'm torn between staying at a resort that is plush for our anniversary or one that is populated with runners for a fun vibe.

Regardless - what what resort/room type would you recommend for an anniversary trip and why? I think we'd like to stay onsite but certainly not opposed to some of the fancy off site hotels as well.

Last edited:
DW and I just did a 50th anniversary trip in December (but with all the kids and grandkids).

We all stayed at the Riviera and loved it.

So many great dining options on property. We did a dinner on top of the Contemporary and it was awesome.

For our 20th we did a split stay between Contemporary and Poly and for our 25th we stayed at the Dolphin. One of our very best stays outside of an anniversary trip was Contemporary/Beach Club split stay. I've always wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian so I would probably choose staying there. For our 25th, we ate at Victoria & Alberts. The cake in my avatar photo was from that night and it was pure magic. Happy Planning!

We went for our 20th anniversary last year and stayed at the Dolphin. We had two balconies with a view of the Epcot fireworks. Plus the location was great - just a short boat ride to Epcot and HS.

Hubs and I went to celebrate our 35th in late 2019. We stayed at our favorite resort, Boardwalk Inn! We just love the atmosphere there and the location is awesome. It's so nice to be able to take a short stroll over to Epcot to have dinner or a snack!

A monorail resort. I've always said I'm going to do it ONE DAY. To be able to hop on the monorail and be there so fast AND possibly see MK from my resort?? :love:Happy planning!
Yeah, on my list as well! For some reason it does seem like a futuristic splurge to take the monorail to your room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter