Recommendation of hotel near the Vancouver Airport ??

disnee9

Mouseketeer
After disembarking the Wonder after our Alaskan Cruise, we plan on spending the night at an airport hotel before flying home the next day.

Can anyone recommend an affordable, nice, clean, doesn't have to be fancy hotel that would have a shuttle to take us to the airport that next day ??

If you're wanting to stay close to the airport, most hotels you'd be looking at would be in Richmond. There is a Holiday Inn Express that would likely suit your needs, as it happens it's right next to Costco. There are tons of hotels in Richmond though and I'm quite certain most would offer a shuttle to the airport because of how close it is to the airport.

Another possibility to think about would be to stay in Vancouver somewhere downtown that is not far from the Canada Line. These do tend to be pricier than Richmond, but the location is also slightly more accessible if you want to enjoy Vancouver a bit more. The Canada Line is the rapid transit line that you can take right to the airport for about $3-4 CAD, you can even pay with your credit card by tapping it at the turnstiles. Even with luggage it is easy to use.

Thanks. I read that the Canada Line can be crowded and hard to navigate with luggage ??

Thanks. I read that the Canada Line can be crowded and hard to navigate with luggage ??

I think the only time it is crowded would be at say 4pm-6pm leaving downtown Vancouver. Normal rush-hour traffic. Most other times I'd say really not too crowded at all. If you get on at Waterfront it's the first station heading to the airport. If you have young children and therefore not a lot of help with suitcases, or multiple suitcases per person then yes, perhaps a bit much. But I routinely see people with 1-2 suitcases each on the train. I've taken it to the airport myself. Very convenient.

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a store to go to get snacks/a case of water in downtown Vancouver near the port? (I hope you dont mind me asking this question)

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a store to go to get snacks/a case of water in downtown Vancouver near the port? (I hope you dont mind me asking this question)

Yes I have some recommendations for you!

There is a Shoppers Drug Mart at Granville & Dunsmuir, very close to Pacific Centre (a partly street-level, partly underground shopping mall in downtown).

There is also a Rexall a bit closer to the port, at Granville & Pender. It is right across from a Starbucks Reserve, in case that interests you.

Depending how far you want to venture, there is a Costco downtown. And a London Drugs that is on Granville & Georgia.

And finally there is a place called Meinhardt Fine Foods on Granville & Dunsmuir too. It's a specialty place that has a lot of neat foods and snacks.

There is a Shoppers Drug Mart at Granville & Dunsmuir, very close to Pacific Centre (a partly street-level, partly underground shopping mall in downtown).

There is also a Rexall a bit closer to the port, at Granville & Pender. It is right across from a Starbucks Reserve, in case that interests you.

Depending how far you want to venture, there is a Costco downtown. And a London Drugs that is on Granville & Georgia.

And finally there is a place called Meinhardt Fine Foods on Granville & Dunsmuir too. It's a specialty place that has a lot of neat foods and snacks.
Thank you, this is very helpful!

Affordable is subjective I guess but we booked the Fairmont right at the Vancouver airport. We have an early flight the day after we arrive in Vancouver and wanted something close.

MJ

You cannot get closer than the Fairmont at YVR, that’s for sure!

I would just like to add that pretty much anywhere in Richmond is a max 15 min drive to the airport.

The Fairmont at the airport. Down the escalator and you are there! Perfect for an early morning flight. We found the public transport to be a dream and not hard to navigate at all-even with luggage.

The Fairmont at the airport. Down the escalator and you are there! Perfect for an early morning flight. We found the public transport to be a dream and not hard to navigate at all-even with luggage.
Yes, this is definitely the best place to stay. I'm not sure it meets OP's definition of "affordable", though.

I just wanted to say thank you for this information. I'm not sure if we'll pack some or pick them up there, but my kiddo on the spectrum will likely need some snacks, at least for days with long excursions since he's so picky!

My fav airport hotel would be the Raddison Vancouver Airport.
  • Canada Line station (subway) is across the street. You can be downtown in 20 minutes for $4. Super convenient for the airport or the cruise terminal.
  • Two adjacent malls with two supermarkets
  • lots of Asian restaurants and two major food courts
  • Western Malls are not far away with a train or taxi ride
  • reasonable rates with convenience
  • free parking if you have a rental car. A lot safer and cheaper than downtown hotels
  • hotel has an airport shuttle
  • check out the reviews

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter