Recommendation for NesPresso or something similar?

scottmel

<font color=darkorchid>Does my logic in my origina
Several different models to choose from anyone have a favorite? thanks!

We have had the basic Nespresso for about 10 years. No real moving parts to fail. We're on our 3rd Keurig in the same amount of time. They deliver pods very quickly but I also have auto delivery from Amazon. This machine was actually my DH's souvenir from our first trip to Europe. Used it in a hotel there and decided he had to have it. Since he rarely if ever has that reaction to anything, I was fine with it. Oh...and I don't drink REAL coffee. He uses a milk frother and makes me lattes. Love our Nespresso!!

i think brand/value depends allot on how much you will use it. ours is'nt our main source of coffee (we drink ALLOT and it's fresh ground beans in a drip). on the basis of using our lower end keurig (walmart had the best price) maybe 5x a week during non winter months/10x or more per week in the winter (got it primarily to make hot chocolate/spiced cider...) it's held up going on about 3 years and works fine.

the one we have does 3 different size servings so if i'm doing an actual coffee i set it to the lowest to get a nice dark cup.

i think brand/value depends allot on how much you will use it. ours isn't our main source of coffee (we drink ALLOT and it's fresh ground beans in a drip). on the basis of using our lower end keurig (walmart had the best price) maybe 5x a week during non winter months/10x or more per week in the winter (got it primarily to make hot chocolate/spiced cider...) it's held up going on about 3 years and works fine.

the one we have does 3 different size servings so if i'm doing an actual coffee i set it to the lowest to get a nice dark cup.

We have the Breville Barista Pro and a Keurig Cafe. I typically use the Keurig as I don’t grind nor mind the cappuccino snd lattes from it. However, some in my house will Only grind fresh coffee and utilize the breville.
the price differences are vast.
Would’ve liked the Breville Oracle but just couldn’t bite the bullet on that one.

Before you pick a machine, try the different coffees. When you find a coffee that really wows you look at the machine that produced it.

I have the Nespresso Pixie and the Nespresso milk foamer. I'm on my second machine, my first lasted about 5 years and I love it. I buy Starbucks pods from my local grocery store, and most coffee brands, including the store own brand are making pods which can be used in Nespresso machines. It cost me €149 with free shipping direct from Nesspresso website.

The milk foamer is amazing. It can make both hot or cold foamed milk in about 2 minutes. Full fat milk makes more foam than semi skimmed milk. You can choose how much foamed milk to pour into your coffee, depending on whether you want a cappuccino or latte type coffee.

Magimix_Nespresso_Pixie_with_Aeroccino_Red__29325.1532749758.500.750.jpg

for the keurig style pods i keep an eye on sales at my local grocery store but some of the best deals i get are either bb&beyond on a sale (or regular price w/ a 20% off coupon) or costco (esp. when they have it on sale). seasonal items like starbucks hot chocolate i stock up on when they are on the shelf b/c i can't find them other times of the year.

If you have a Williams-Sonoma close by you can go and try many different coffee pod makers and the coffee they produce.

We had a Nespresso for a decade and we loved it. But its still "instant" coffee. This last Christmas we moved up to this unit from a startup.

https://www.terrakaffe.com/
Which is a fully automated espresso machine with built in grinder and milk attachment. At $800 thats a steal for a true espresso machine thats fully automated.

The company has been wonderful to work with and we love the drinks the machine makes.

I know the first thing people worry about with small companies is support. And the first unit we received worked perfectly but leaked some water during the shutdown cycle. Support was excellent, and after sending us a couple parts over a few weeks(which didn't work) they sent us an entire new unit, free of cost.

We had a Nespresso for a decade and we loved it. But its still "instant" coffee. This last Christmas we moved up to this unit from a startup.

https://www.terrakaffe.com/
Which is a fully automated espresso machine with built in grinder and milk attachment. At $800 thats a steal for a true espresso machine thats fully automated.

The company has been wonderful to work with and we love the drinks the machine makes.

I know the first thing people worry about with small companies is support. And the first unit we received worked perfectly but leaked some water during the shutdown cycle. Support was excellent, and after sending us a couple parts over a few weeks(which didn't work) they sent us an entire new unit, free of cost.
That looks amazing! How much effort is cleaning it out, both the coffee maker itself and the milk attachment?

We are really old school in our house. Regular coffee is done in an Aeropress - we love it. Its a cup at a time with zero waste since the filters and grounds go into the compost. Water is heated in the electric kettle. VERY low tech. For espresso we use a Bialetti Moka - again, very low tech, you put water in it, grounds in it, screw it together, and put it on your stove burner. Both are small enough that they don't need to sit on the counter, so the only thing that is out and plugged in is the kettle. If I want frothed milk, I heat it in the microwave and whisk it.

Counter space is at a premium. I have a lot of it, and yet, its always full of crap.

I have a Keurig and love it. My sister has a Nespresso Vertuo and it nice too. She does live in a town with a Nespresso Store so if she is low on pods she can get some quickly she orders online for the most part.

I like a big cup in the morning and I have a few pods in my keurig that I can get a 12oz cup.

Nespresso & Keurig both seem like pricey ways to make a cup of coffee. They could probably give the machine away and then just make a profit on selling those brewing cups/pods. Does the coffee really taste any better with either of these?

Nespresso & Keurig both seem like pricey ways to make a cup of coffee. They could probably give the machine away and then just make a profit on selling those brewing cups/pods. Does the coffee really taste any better with either of these?

Its all relative and what each person sees as good value. Using a Nespresso or Keurig pod machine , the coffee making process is similar to using a Barista machine. Very fine coffee grounds are compressed under pressure and the water is run though this compressed coffee. This creates an Esspresso coffee, which is a concentrated small amount of coffee with a creamy top layer. Depending on the persons preference, hot water or warm milk is then added to make a larger coffee drink.

With a French Press or Cafeteria, the coffee is steeped. The coffee grounds are larger in size and are immersed in the water and then strained.
The Complete Guide To Coffee

Love this - DH makes the coffee quick and easy to clean (with foam) 4EC40009-35B5-41E1-9F98-0303DD8F6D76.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter