recommendation for a picky eater

ngtod

Mouseketeer
Can anybody recommend a restaurant for someone that is a picky eater (only eats meat and potatoes) while the rest of us are more adventurous.

Any place at Disney thought could accommodate everybody's taste.

Like we'd like Satu'li but doubt the picky eater would find anything there they'd like.

NGTOD

Depends on the price you’re willing to pay or if you’re on the DDP. Most of your standard buffets have something for everyone, Cape May Cafe is our favorite. It’s a seafood buffet, but they have salad, meat, and potatoes too. Le Cellier is an excellent steakhouse, but VERY pricy. Teppan Edo in Japan is excellent. Even my pickiest eater will eat there. The Boathouse at DS is excellent, one of our favorites. They have a large menu.

I would recommend going out to Disney’s site to the restaurant area and looking through their menus.

Depends on the price you’re willing to pay or if you’re on the DDP. Most of your standard buffets have something for everyone, Cape May Cafe is our favorite. It’s a seafood buffet, but they have salad, meat, and potatoes too. Le Cellier is an excellent steakhouse, but VERY pricy. Teppan Edo in Japan is excellent. Even my pickiest eater will eat there. The Boathouse at DS is excellent, one of our favorites. They have a large menu.

I would recommend going out to Disney’s site to the restaurant area and looking through their menus.

Yes we do have the DDP. I see that Cape May has a a few nights that have ribs and a carving station. We could probably go on e of the nights they have that.

Will check out the rest of the menus.

Thanks

NGTOD

Yes we do have the DDP. I see that Cape May has a a few nights that have ribs and a carving station. We could probably go on e of the nights they have that.

Will check out the rest of the menus.

Thanks

NGTOD
I don’t remember the ribs, but they have had a carving station every night we’ve been there.

Biergarten in Epcot is very “meat and potatoes” and has a fun show, too! I’ve always enjoyed our meals there.

Can anybody recommend a restaurant for someone that is a picky eater (only eats meat and potatoes) while the rest of us are more adventurous.

Like we'd like Satu'li but doubt the picky eater would find anything there they'd like.

NGTOD

If you picky one likes hot dogs, the hot dogs at Satu'li are very good. They're wrapped in a dough, but if they didn't like the dough, you can take it out.

I don't think you'll have a problem at TS restaurants, as just about all of them have some kind of steak or hamburger on the menu.

QS will be harder to satisfy all of you, but not impossible. At HS, stroll down Sunset Blvd. There are several different places to eat and picnic tables all together, so you can go to different places and meet up at a table to eat. At EP, you might be able to find two places near one another and bring food to one to eat together. At MK, you'll probably have to settle for Cosmic Rays.

My best advice is to deal with the problem rather than cater to it. The only way to deal with a picky eater is to introduce them to new things. It takes awhile but they eventually expand their tastes. Our kids were picky when they were very young but now they will eat anything.

My “meat and potatoes” picky father in law and husband ate at:
Chef Mickey (breakfast)

Liberty Taven (Magic Kingdom)
Garden Grill (Epcot)

Both of them liked Liberty Tacen and Garden Grill, But I thought Garden Grill was awful and bland—which would explain why they loved it so much.

My hubby ate a cheeseburger at Sanaa.

We also ate at Mama Melrose, which is Italian.

My best advice is to deal with the problem rather than cater to it. The only way to deal with a picky eater is to introduce them to new things. It takes awhile but they eventually expand their tastes. Our kids were picky when they were very young but now they will eat anything.

Great advice for a toddler. Not so easy with full grown men.

NGTOD
In July, we travelled with a picky eater who also had gluten and dairy allergies. Before we made ADR's, we consulted menus. In almost every restaurant, the chef came to the table to consult with her even though we were already prepared ahead of time with what she could order.

Like others said, buffets have a great variety. Most of the signatures have at least one item on their menu for picky eaters.

It's not even that easy with a toddler unless you're willing to make every meal a battle. I always roll my eyes when people say "just expose them to new foods". What works for some kids won't work for all.
Very true. My oldest is more difficult than my youngest. Even though I’ve tried my best to expose them to all kinds of food, they still develop preferences. My oldest doesn’t like potatoes. In any form. I’ve never met anyone like that before.

It's not even that easy with a toddler unless you're willing to make every meal a battle. I always roll my eyes when people say "just expose them to new foods". What works for some kids won't work for all.
So true. Everyone has there own tastes. My twins are 8yrs old. And my son will try almost any food and most he likes, he isn’t crazy about noodles, potatoes and rice but will eat them in some forms or at least take a few bites. My daughter hates beans, most cooked vegetables (there are a few she will eat) and some meals she loves 1 day and hates the next. My 3yr old some days just looks at dinner and decides if he likes it or not, at that changes daily also. I do nothing different with any of them. I make 1 dinner every night and that’s what they eat (or don’t eat). Things they get to pick...any extra toppings or dips to go with dinner. Cheese, gravy, ketchup, ranch etc

I’m the picky eater in my family. Buffets have always been the safest bet. They usually have something for everyone. Plus they usually involve characters which then saves time waiting in lines later. I’m one of those that would find nothing to eat at Satu’li either.

I'm having the same issue planning for my 67 year old mother. I'm thinking she'll like 50's Prime Time because of the classic comfort foods. And she will like Teppan Edo and Yachtsman. But I'm dreading our lunch at Yak & Yeti because I'm afraid she'll eat nothing.

I'm having the same issue planning for my 67 year old mother. I'm thinking she'll like 50's Prime Time because of the classic comfort foods. And she will like Teppan Edo and Yachtsman. But I'm dreading our lunch at Yak & Yeti because I'm afraid she'll eat nothing.

50's Prime Time was the first non-buffet TS that popped into my head when I read the OP. Also agree with PPs that Liberty Tree Tavern may be a good option.

Some times I think the name of the dish comes into play... so if you break it down on whats really in the dish then you might help the picky eater realize its the name they don't like not the ingredients. I have a picky eaters in the family... especially my DD, so once I started breaking down what was in a dish then she started trying more things... really the same thing just with a different name... for instance we were at Teppan Edo, and she said I don't like the undo noodles... I said they are like spaghetti noodles, so when they were cooking at another table I had her look at the noodles, oh she said...it just a fancy name for the noodles I was like yes...

My mom is a VERY picky eater! She ate the beef bowl at Satu'li with the potato base on the side, no slaw, no boba, sauces on the side. I'd also recommend the buffets at Crystal Palace, Tusker House, and (her favorite) Trail's End because they have non-exotic carving stations, mashed potatoes, and great kids' sections with lots of plain and simple sides. We also go to 50's Prime Time Cafe, Garden Grill, and Liberty Tree Tavern (a la carte lunch or family-style dinner) to please her pickiness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter