Recommendation for 1st time DVC renter?

MikeDoogs

Earning My Ears
Thanks for taking the time for any guidance.

We have stayed at All Star Music the last two years and now our 6 yr old daughter and 8 year old son made the room a little snug. We were thinking of doing a moderate since there's more room and you don't have to pay extra for the fridge like at All Star. It's a nicer atmosphere too.

We've stayed at Port Orleans - Riverside before we had kids and liked it.

We wouldn't have a rental car either so we'd be relying on the free transportation. The kids like all the parks so it may be a day at each one.

I read that it's best to stay from a Sun-Thursday since it cost more points for the weekend and possibly stay at a local hotel for Saturday.

The period we could do could fall in (month removed), 2012.
Based on the Sun-Thursday theory, I'd probably stay at a DVC for that time
(Dates Removed) and we'd like to go to Universal on Friday and maybe Saturday since flights maybe cheaper on Saturdays and it'll give an extra day at Universal (if needed).

Sorry if I jumped around but I wanted to include whatever parameters I could to assist with the choices.

Thanks again

Edit: Specific Rental dates have been removed. - Chuck S

(Month Removed)is Food and Wine festival at EPCOT which makes it one of the most difficult time of the year to book DVC resorts, especially the EPCOT area (BWV/BCV) and BLT

I've heard Universal is much nicer when you stay at Universal to get their front of the line pass.

AKV savannah view can be a ton of fun for kids, but you get longer bus rides..

Specific dates and resort choices can only be posted on our Rent/Trade board as part of a vacation request by replying into an existing Points for Rent thread.

Thanks.

Oh, how I feel your pain. We were in an All-Star room when I took the DVC tour and bought before we left for home.

AKV Savannah view is great for kids. We loved watching the animals each day from our balcony. People complain about the long bus rides, but I never really had a problem with them. It was easy to get around. Kidani also has a nice pool and water splash area.

If your kids like to swim, you can't beat BCV. My DS6 loved it when we were there in April -- there were days where we didn't go to any parks and just stayed by the pool. However, there is little/no counter service restaurant there, if that is important to you -- unless you want to go to Epcot for food. We rarely eat out, preferring to have a grocery delivery and eat in the villa most of the time, so it's a non-issue for us. Very quick, easy walk to Epcot.

We stayed at BLT and loved loved loved the convenience to MK. We walked every time -- much faster than waiting for the monorail. The best things about BLT is the view of the fireworks from almost anywhere (I love watching fireworks), monorail access to other resorts and Epcot, easy access to dining, nice pool and slide, pretty view of water (lake view rooms). Not crazy about bus access to other parks -- you share the bus with several other resorts and BLT/Contemporary always seemed to be the last stop back.

We did not like BWV -- there are no dining options for very picky eaters and we had my extremely picky niece with us when we were there. Just trying to pick up something quick and easy was just about impossible or extremely expensive.

I hope I haven't confused you. I'm sure just about anyone can give you a list of pros and cons for each resort.....and everyone's opinion varies for each resort.

Good luck with whichever one you choose. I'm sure you will have a wonderful vacation, regardless.

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter