Recommend portable battery/phone charger

I have an Anker charger that I used for our last trip. It can fully charge my MotoZ the times. I plug my phone and the charger in every night at Disney, and I have as much phone as I need all day long. I easily carry it in my small backpack style purse

we use an Anker PowerCore II 10000. While it's not feather light, it's certainly one of the lighter chargers (6.5 oz) we've found that can handle charging multiple devices before needing to be recharged itself. And it charges our smart phones FAST, which is another bonus. It does take awhile to re-charge the charger itself, so I recommend charging it during the night while you're sleeping so it's ready to go in the mornings.

Honestly, I've been tempted by the Fuel Rods for the same reason, but I can't justify the cost to myself since I already own two external chargers. :p
I was there in Feb. - not thinking about bringing a charger. I bought one of the fuel rods, and replaced it once while I was there. I plan on bringing it back with me in Oct.

We have a RavPower (both an older and new model). Both are light weight and easily fit into or pockets.
usually we bring one into the parks and find it is enough to give both my husband and my phones a charge each.
now that the kids also have phones, i am a little worried that bringing just one into the park isn't enough....so my son may carry one too on the first day and then decide what we need going forward.

I love the Fuel Rod idea....and had we now already had external battery chargers...we probably would have given that a try. the idea of being able to check it back in and get a fully charged device anytime you need it...is appealing.

To be perfectly honest, I've never tried to recharge a Fuel Rod. I've just traded them in at the kiosks. However, they do state on their website that they can be recharged.
I have recharged them for years

Re Fuel Rods - We have two and just returned from 8 days in WDW. They worked perfectly. We basically kept our phones plugged into the charger and then every four of five hours, just swap them out. It was pretty easy to find the fuel rod stations. Generally we tried to swap them out when we left the parks so we would start the next day with fully charged rods, but sometimes forgot and simply charged them in the room.
We did have one minor issue and the customer support was amazing. One of our cables suddenly went bad. I called the customer support number (listed on all their machines) and they immediately answered (no phone tree). I explained what happened. She had me insert an old fule rod into the machine and had an entire new kit drop out, which included the cable I needed. The whole process took less than 2 minutes and cost me $0.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter