Recommend a QS at CA

Blasphemy!!! Plaza chicken is awesome!! It reminds me of Zhender's famous fried chicken from back home.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:Remind me not to eat at Zhenders. :laughing: You need to come try some chicken in Oklahoma, Texas or the south. :)

Lots of people clearly agree with you about the Plaza from what I see on these boards.

I recommend Pacific Wharf Cafe, but really there are a lot of great choices.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:Remind me not to eat at Zhenders. :laughing: You need to come try some chicken in Oklahoma, Texas or the south. :)

Lots of people clearly agree with you about the Plaza from what I see on these boards.

Its divine.

Another vote for Smokejumpers. The burgers might be so-so, but the self-serve fixings are amazing.

Flo’s chicken is beyond delicious.

Flo's is my favorite; mainly because I like siting out by the RSR track. Their current menu is better than the previous menu (but not as good as the original menu, haha). The ribs and chicken were both good. I also liked the tuna salad sandwich.

Thanks everyone for the responses.
There appears to be a lot of excellent choices

Doesn't seem to be any real runaway winners in this category, other than maybe Flo's

FOR THOSE OF YOU KEEPING SCORE AT HOME, here is the vote tally to date
3 - Paradise Pier
4 - Cocina Cucamonga
8 - Flo's V8
4 - Pacific Wharf
3 - Award Wieners
3 - Lucky Fortune
4 - Boardwalk Pizza
4 - Corndog Castle
4 - Cozy Cones
5 - Smoke Jumpers
2 - Boudin Bakery

BTW - Speaking of Smoke Jumpers, What is a Jackfruit Sandwich?

BTW - Speaking of Smoke Jumpers, What is a Jackfruit Sandwich?
It's a type of fruit that has a similar texture to pulled pork (well, kinda). This is their new vegetarian option. We tried in back in April and weren't too impressed. It was really spicy and very messy to eat. I missed the old veggie patty for sure!

Here's a pic from the parks blog when they introduced the sandwich (I always seem too hungry to remember to take pics of my food!):
upload_2018-8-8_14-43-8.jpeg

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can get extra pieces of chicken at Flo's the way you can at Plaza Inn?

Cocina cucomonga and Flos are two of our favorites, in part because we like to get a milkshake and linger watching the cars race by. I also felt smoke jumpers was better than most park burger places. Ghiradelli is great for a late breakfast ;). We have never eaten in DL, only DCA. We park hop and we feel like the lines are always so much shorter in DCA and food looks better.

In my experience, I like Paradise Garden Grill and Award Wieners the most out of the offerings at DCA.

Having said that, I haven't tried Smokejumpers since the revamp and do actually want to try it. I would also like to add that the lines can get crazy there, so definitely do mobile-ordering if you're interested in trying it! Order to mobile-ordering regardless because it is That Much Easier.

Any Quick Service offered on the Disneyland App “Order to Go”.... there’s nothing like pulling out my phone, placing an order for ANYTHING (can you here my kids in the background?!) and walking past the line at the door to pick up our food. Yes, ma’am.

That said, I agreed with most others. We like the food at CA and DIE......in front of the taco truck!!!!

I could eat Space Junk Nachos for days...
Lol :)

We like Flo's because of the location watching RSR. We also like anywhere on that Pacific Wharf area because there are several QS restaurants in the same location, so each family member can choose their own restaurant and we can still all sit together. I just had the Torta Ahogada Al Pastor at the Mexican place there ... don't remember the name of the restaurant, Cucina something. It had a lot of bread but the filling was really good, a little spicy, which I like. Serving size was big enough that it was enough for me even without the bread. Ordered a side of guacamole, which was like the guacamole you get premade in a package at the grocery store, skip it. DD14 had one of the rice bowls and pot stickers at the Chinese place and was unimpressed. Said the rice bowl was bland and pot stickers were soggy. Salads at Pacific Wharf are great.

And I second using Mobile Ordering! It's really fast and easy, and it's really helpful if you're trying to order from multiple restaurants for the family. Just go pick it up instead of waiting to order in each line. It never took more than a few minutes for our food to be ready, so don't press "I'm here now," unless you're really there now!

We loved smokejumpers, but be warned that everything has a bit of a kick to it. That was a welcome feature for my family. We also call found things we loved at Pacific wharf café. Our tacos were excellent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter