Recipie Wanted: Cornbread with Kernels of Corn

pezheadval

Mouseketeer
I ate at a potluck dinner and someone there made the best stuff and I was wondering if anyone here would have a similar recipe.

It was like an extra moist cornbread with kernels of corn baked in.

Yum! It was soo good!!!

It sounds like the "el Torito" sweet corn cake mix that you can get in the grocery stores. I love it! You just add water and canned cream corn and it's good!

Here's how we make Corny Cornbread:

2 box of jiffy cornbread mix
1 stick of butter
1 can cream style corn
1 can of reg corn (undrained)

Mix all. Bake at 350 until it's as done as you like it. (maybe 45 min) It is yummy and freezes well. ENJOY!

Mine is close to Grumpy's Gal's, but more unhealthy.

(it is very good.) :goodvibes

Corn Bake

2 eggs beaten
1 stick of butter
1 16 oz can of whole corn (drained)
1 17 oz can of creamed corn
1 pkg. Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 cup sour cream

Mixt together, put in 9 x 13 pan bake at 350 for 45 to 50 min.

I even sometimes sprikle grated chesse on top.

This year there will be no corn bake at my dairy and egg free house (due to allergies.) It won't taste as good, but better for our wastelines.

Really it is very tastly for speical occastions. I get asked to make it every holiday.

Mine's even MORE unhealthy!

brown diced onion in 2 sticks butter (you KNOW this is gonna be good! ;) )

In the meantime, mix a box of Jiffy cornbread mix, with a can or creamed corn and a can of whole kernel corn (drained). Stir in 2 eggs. Pour the corn mixture into a greased 9x12 pan. Cut a package of cream cheese into 18 pieces and place pieces on top, evenly spaced, then pour the butter/onion mixture over. Top with grated cheddar or colby-jack cheese and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

SOOOOO yummy, a favorite from my Grandma. BTW, you can make it healthier by using 1/2 as much Smart Balance margarine and light or Neufchatel cream cheese. I've yet to find a decent substitute for the grated cheese, though...just think of it as your dairy serving! :teeth:

I got this recipe from WDW. It is really good. I use half of the amounts listed because it makes so much. I usually cook it in a glass baking dish instead of making muffins.

Boatwrights Corn Bread
yields 25 muffins

1 cup corn meal
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 and 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
2 cups canola oil
7 eggs
2 cups milk
2 cups kernal corn

Combine all above ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
Pour into greased muffins tins and bake at 375 for 30 minutes.

We call it corn casserole and my recipe is a little different. I mix:

1 box jiffy mix
1 egg
1 can of creamed corn
1 can of reg. corn

I just dump it all in the pan I'm baking it in (8x8 or 9x9 square) adn bake it at 350 for around 35 minutes until its done. So easy! If you want to make it in a 13x9 pan for more people, just double the recipe.

If you live near a Trader Joe's, their cornbread has kernals of corn and is a little sweet - it is awesome. They have also just come out with a Jalapeno Blue Corn bread. It is spicy and good. Not as blue as I would have hoped, but tasty...

Luv2Scrap Disney said:
If you live near a Trader Joe's,

Oh, I like Trader Joe's! Thank you! I'll have to look for their cornbread next time I am there.

JudithM said:
Oh, I like Trader Joe's! Thank you! I'll have to look for their cornbread next time I am there.

I love trader Joe and shop there a few times a week (it is the closest store to me so I run up for OJ, bannana ect...)

I also love there, pumkin bread mix, chocolate truffle brown mix (really good)
and oranage canberry mix. I can make all 3 both egg and dairy free (for allergy needs), but I am going to pick up a box of the corn bread next time (or at least read the ingredients.) They all say processed in a plant with dairy and eggs, but so far Trader Joes stuff never bugs her, other places do. I wonder if their plant is cleaner?

DisneyPhD said:

Corn Bake

2 eggs beaten
1 stick of butter
1 cup sour cream

This year there will be no corn bake at my dairy and egg free house (due to allergies.) It won't taste as good, but better for our wastelines.

Really it is very tastly for speical occastions. I get asked to make it every holiday.

Just wanted to let you know that I tried your recipe for Thanksgivng! Oh so good!!!! Thanks!

pezheadval said:
Just wanted to let you know that I tried your recipe for Thanksgivng! Oh so good!!!! Thanks!

Oh so glad you liked it. I wasn't able to make it due to food allergies, so I am so glad someone was able to enjoy it. The good news for me is we were able to make everything put the pumkin pie dairy and egg free and everything was so good. (I had pumkin muffines instead.)

Old thread but I wanted to tell you.

Yesterday I wanted to make cornbread and instead of looking at online recipe sites I pulled up the DIS :goodvibes and found THIS recipe. IT CAME OUT GREAT!!!!

Corn Bake

2 eggs beaten
1 stick of butter
1 cup sour cream

Old thread but I wanted to tell you.

Yesterday I wanted to make cornbread and instead of looking at online recipe sites I pulled up the DIS :goodvibes and found THIS recipe. IT CAME OUT GREAT!!!!

Oh good! :thumbsup2

I wasn't able to make that for a long time because of DD's food allergies, but she has mostly outgrown then so this Thanksgiving we are eating corn bake too.

Also we just finished out kitchen remodel so I even get to make it in a new nice kitchen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter