Receptions at California Grill

Shannen_14

Earning My Ears
Hello,

I am recently engaged and planning my Disney Wedding I am having the ceremony at Swan and Dolphin hotel, and would love the reception at California grill and was wandering if anyone has had a wedding reception there before or is in stages of planning one?

I wanted some info on prices and if you can book without going through DFTW? any info is appreciated!

Thank you!! :)

Unfortunately, they will not let you book a wedding reception at CA Grill without going through Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings. You could book a regular party there, but if you try to get a wedding cake, DJ, etc., they will pass you off to Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings.

We had our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding last October 10, 2014, with wedding at Germany in Epcot followed by Brunch Reception at the California Grill and it was stunningly beautiful. We originally were going to just be in the Napa Room, but our party grew to over 50, so we had the entire restaurant to ourselves. I can't tell you how beautiful it was to look out over the lake and see the Polynesian and Grand Floridian in the distance, see the boats going by as well and the monorail, and of course, the Magic Kingdom in the background. Simply magical. We had a dance floor area, and my uncle manned the iPod for the music, though you could of course have a DJ or live music (lots of room in the main dining room). All the linens are provided by the restaurant. We were originally going to so the Champagne Brunch, but at about $110 a head, it was bit over budget... so we instead did Breakfast Buffet and added a Mickey Waffle Station- was $48 a head plus $15 a head for the waffle station. We also did bill on consumption bar with Bloody Mary's, Mimosas, and a champagne or sparkling cider toast and saved a bundle (cannot stress enough how the bill on consumption bar was the best idea!!). We saved so much that we had Chip and Dale at the Reception! It was wonderful and magical and I can't wait have a vow renewal!

Have plans to do a Wedding trip review...maybe I should just get to it!

Sounds absolutely lovely, you answered my next question as they say the Napa room only seats 50 and at the moment my list is gradually growing, so thank you for that :) The views in pictures look gorgeous. Bill on consumption bar sounds a good idea is that something that you arrange through DFTW?

I think you should I would certainly read it!!

We had our Disney Fairy Tale Wedding last October 10, 2014, with wedding at Germany in Epcot followed by Brunch Reception at the California Grill and it was stunningly beautiful. We originally were going to just be in the Napa Room, but our party grew to over 50, so we had the entire restaurant to ourselves. I can't tell you how beautiful it was to look out over the lake and see the Polynesian and Grand Floridian in the distance, see the boats going by as well and the monorail, and of course, the Magic Kingdom in the background. Simply magical. We had a dance floor area, and my uncle manned the iPod for the music, though you could of course have a DJ or live music (lots of room in the main dining room). All the linens are provided by the restaurant. We were originally going to so the Champagne Brunch, but at about $110 a head, it was bit over budget... so we instead did Breakfast Buffet and added a Mickey Waffle Station- was $48 a head plus $15 a head for the waffle station. We also did bill on consumption bar with Bloody Mary's, Mimosas, and a champagne or sparkling cider toast and saved a bundle (cannot stress enough how the bill on consumption bar was the best idea!!). We saved so much that we had Chip and Dale at the Reception! It was wonderful and magical and I can't wait have a vow renewal!

Have plans to do a Wedding trip review...maybe I should just get to it!

Your reception sounds awesome and it looked like you all had a lot of fun. :) We're having our reception in the California Grill main dining room. Do you have any pictures that you would be willing to share? Thank you.

Alright- I have got all the wedding trip stuff up now! It is actually not just a wedding report, but a "trip" report as well- so to get to the wedding stuff... keep scrolling... I put all the prices in as I know that is something I wanted to know about when I was researching this wedding. All I can say is that it was the best time of my life, and worth every penny! How soon can you start to plan a recommitment ceremony?

http://www.disboards.com/threads/ev...ia-grill-and-chip-dale.3402476/#post-53495851

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter