"Reception" options

goin' goofy

Mouseketeer
From reading the boards (thank goodness for you girls!!) I've discovered that you can book ballrooms and such for meals following an Escape wedding, which was something I thought was only available to Wishes brides.

My question: Can you still book a ballroom location for a meal if you have your ceremony at the Swan & Dolphin? My problem comes in where I'm floating between a possible guest count of 20-30. If we have more than allowed at an Escape ceremony, we would most likely go with the S&D because we think the Wishes minimum is just a bit too steep for us.

So does anyone know if I can book a Disney ballroom, even if its not officially a Disney wedding??

If you go the swan/dolphin route you can book anything that is available through disney catering. I have never heard anything about the ballrooms specifically. Can I just ask- if you are on a budget why do you want a big ballroom that needs to be decorated as opposed to using one of disney's smaller less expensive options?

My problem comes in where I'm floating between a possible guest count of 20-30. If we have more than allowed at an Escape ceremony, we would most likely go with the S&D because we think the Wishes minimum is just a bit too steep for us.

I agree with you! We were in the same situation. Thankfully, Disney just started an option where you can have up to 25 people at an Escape wedding and they just add $500 to your total. :woohoo: I'm so glad!

Also, we're having our reception at the St. James which is one of the small ballrooms in the Boardwalk. It looks beautiful! :lovestruc

Good luck!

Kim

Can I just ask- if you are on a budget why do you want a big ballroom that needs to be decorated as opposed to using one of disney's smaller less expensive options?

We don't really want a "big" ballroom actually, we were looking more at locations like the St. James room, the Sonoma room, or Whitehall. My family is rather "boisterous" and I would just prefer a more private setting than being in a group area at a restaurant. We'd really love The Attic :love:, which would take little-to-no decorating, but I don't think that's an option with an Escape wedding :sad1:

And we aren't on a "tight" budget, but the difference between all we have for the Escape wedding, DP, and meal its still only around $9000, which is still pretty far from the $12,000 minimum for a Wishes wedding in my book. I would rather not just spend money because DFTW requires it - that's money I could be using to live it up on my honeymoon!! :thumbsup2

I would look into the private rooms at the Dolphin. I know Shula's and Bluezoo both have private rooms with the minimums being $1000/$1200 respectively. These are are based on party size though and I know it's higher with 20-30 guests.

We'd really love The Attic , which would take little-to-no decorating, but I don't think that's an option with an Escape wedding
The Attic is most definitely an option with an Escape wedding. We seriously considered it. But, the minimum is $2,000 (I think) as opposed to something like $685 for the St. James. We would have been in the situation of just getting extras to meet the minimum. It just didn't make sense for us. But, I do love that location....:love:

Kim

The Attic is most definitely an option with an Escape wedding.

NO WAY!!!! My DF really liked the look of that place, I think he'd be more than happy to meet that minimum if it meant having our reception there, and its still under the Wishes minimums - now I'm super excited (like just having a Disney wedding wasn't exciting enough!!)

Thanks Kim!!

No problem! Just keep in mind that with the required service and tax, it'll probably be closer to $2,500...if the food hits right at $2,000.

now I'm super excited (like just having a Disney wedding wasn't exciting enough!!)

I know! Isn't it awesome!?! I can't wait!!:banana::banana::banana:

No problem! Just keep in mind that with the required service and tax, it'll probably be closer to $2,500...if the food hits right at $2,000.

Really? I thought it was $2,000 before a certain time and $2,500 after. Is it different for Escape weddings? This would be great!

Really? I thought it was $2,000 before a certain time and $2,500 after. Is it different for Escape weddings? This would be great!

Right, but when you add on the service charge and tax, you're looking at closer to $2,500. By the way, I just found the email from my initial Disney salesperson. Here was her response concerning my question about the Attic:

The food and beverage minimum (exclusive of wedding cake, service charges and sales tax) for events at the Attic ending prior to 5:00 p.m. is $2,000.00 Sunday-Thursday and $2,500.00 Friday & Saturday. For all events ending after 5:00 p.m. the food and beverage minimum is $2,500.00 (Exclusive of wedding cake, service charges and sales tax). Table seating capacity, combining indoor and outdoor seating, is 36 guests. Existing seating must be utilized. All events must conclude by 10:00 pm. Menus are buffet style only.

I agree with you! We were in the same situation. Thankfully, Disney just started an option where you can have up to 25 people at an Escape wedding and they just add $500 to your total. :woohoo: I'm so glad!
Kim

Is this new??? I am so excited to hear it, as I am planning an Escape wedding for Sept 2010 and I have 19 people (including my nephew who will be 2 yrs and 1 month old) - just past the age that "counts". If I could pay the extra I could invite a couple of friends too!

Is this new??? I am so excited to hear it, as I am planning an Escape wedding for Sept 2010 and I have 19 people (including my nephew who will be 2 yrs and 1 month old) - just past the age that "counts". If I could pay the extra I could invite a couple of friends too!

Yes, this is new! I'm so glad they are offering it! :dance3:

And, sshhhhh....., don't tell anyone, but my coordinator said she'd waive the $500 if we do have additional people. I think she felt bad because of some other things I asked for, but was refused. :sad2:

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter