• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Reception Dinner Menu

hwygirl1928

Earning My Ears
Just wondering... when Disney asked me what I wanted to have on the menu for the reception.... I was CLUELESS! So, would anyone be willing to share what they had or what they are having for their reception dinner menu!
Thanks in advance to everyone who offers me their help!! he he he!!!

Well, have they sent you any catering sample menu's yet? Those are a great place to start, you can pick out items and mix and match to create your own custom menu.

Yes it is a custom wedding. I have received a preliminary estimate from Disney, and they basically threw in a dinner. I guess the catering package will come once I'm within the 8 months? Thanks guys!

We were a custom, 140 people. Cocktail hour, sit down dinner, and desert party. We cut out stuff from the dinner menu (appetizers, pasta course) just because of too much food and nobody eats it!

Here is what we had:

Salad Course
Baby Hot House Lettuce
with Florida Citrus Vinaigrette

Dinner
Trio Entree of Seared Beef Tenderloin, Grilled Chicken Breast, and Salmon
Plated over Warm Root Vegetable Slaw, served with a side of Herb and Horseradish Whipped Potatoes, Balsamic Grilled Squashes, Red and Yellow Peppers

Dessert Party
Florida Lemon Bars
Double Chocolate Brownies
White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Chewy Rice Crispy Treats
Chocolate Marshmallow Squares

The food was fabulous (of course!) and everyone was thrilled to have the three different entrees on one dish, they thought it was a nice touch.

We were very happy with our choices.

We had a small custom wedding - about 30 people. We had a pre-reception but I wasn't there for most of it and don't recall everything we had. I know we had bacon wrapped scallops and they were outstanding, as were the jerk chicken skewers. We did not serve any alcohol, they made a couple types of punch and had soft drinks.

Our seated meal was:

Lobster Bisque

Ceasar Salad

Steak w/ Carribbean Shrimp
Zucchini and tomato saute
Roasted red skin potatoes

Wedding Cake (white cake, filled with white chocolate mousse and fresh raspberries, buttercream icing)

A few hours later we were at an Illuminations party and had an assortment of mini-pastries, coffee, tea and cocoa.

We were right at the minimum food/beverage limit for our venue but I know those have changed since our wedding, but I'm sure the meals have gone up too!

We had stations instead of a plated dinner for our reception. Let me see if I can remember some of what we had.

Salad w/ various dressings
Rolls
Mini chicken cordon bleu
Crab cakes w/ roumelade
Mini hamburgers (saw this in Martha Stewart)
Carving station w/ turkey and beef tenderloin
Pasta station w/ variety of sauce choices
Mashed potatoes whipped w/ horseradish
Green beans

We are having a custom wedding, about 65 people at the Grand Floridian, dinner reception. Here is our menu:

Pre reception:
Pigs in a blanket with mustard
Pan fried chicken dumplings with soy sauce
Maryland crabcakes with dill cream
Veggie/cheese display

Reception:
Penne pasta with creamy vodka sauce
Caesar salad topped with crisp soba noodles
Raspberry champagne sorbet
Seared angus beef filet paired with roasted free range chicken with demi glaze yukon gold mashed potatotes and grilled asparagus
Wedding cake - red velvet cake with cream cheese filled and yellow cake with bavarian cream and fresh strawberries

Gina
10/28/05
Wedding Pavilion, Grand Floridian

Give your sales manager or whoever you have been working with a call and ask for sample emails to be sent to you. This is something that can be done before your 8 months.

We had a small custom at the BoardWalk, here was our menu:

Cocktail hour:
Domestic and Imported Cheese Display with Crackers
Crudités with Ranch and Bleu Cheese Dip

Reception:
Marinated, Vine-Ripe Tomatoes and Buffalo Mozzarella With Basil Leaves
Pork Pot Stickers with Soy-Wasabi Dipping Sauce
Mixed Green Salad with Pear Tomatoes and Cucumbers tossed with Citrus Vinaigrette
Lobster Bisque
Grilled Vegetable Ravioli tossed with Infused Olive Oil, Shiitake Mushrooms, and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Grilled Marinated Chicken Breast with Pinot Noir Mushroom Sauce
Herb Rubbed Quail with a Port Wine Reduction
Bourbon Glazed Ham with Pommery Mustard (from the carving board)
Wild Rice and Cranberry Stuffing
Mashed Potato Martini Bar
Medley of Fresh Vegetables

we are having 64 guests. our prereception at marthas vineyard will have a fruit display, veggie display, cocktail shrimp, mini deep dish pizza, bacon wrapped scallops & something else but i cant remember. our sit down dinner will be at ariels with chicken scampi with angel hair in a garlic cream sauce, ceaser salad, canadian bacon cheddar soup from le cellier, oak grilled beef tenderloin with white truffel potatoes & steamed vegetables. then wedding cake. our dessert party is later that evening also with the child in you menu plus chocolate chip cookies, bride & groom strawberries, caramel apples & cocoa.

Do they have special menus for children, or do the kids eat the same as the adults? If they can have special meals, do the same food & drink minimums apply for guests under 12?

There are some adult and children menu samples here you just have to scroll down a little.

We are serving:
Smokey Tomato Bisque (soup)
Caesar Salad (no anchovies)
choice of: (I don't know if they normally allow 3 choices; the salmon is my vegetarian choice)
Filet Mignon with Mushroom Cabernet Sauce
Grilled Salmon Steak with mustard sauce
Grilled Breast of Chicken with Pinot Noir mushroom sauce
served with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potato and batonette vegetables (those are veggies sliced like little matchsticks-I didn't know!)
wedding cake for dessert:marble cake, white chocolate mousse with mini chocolate chips. Yummy!

Dessert party:
TiraMisu
Fruit trifle and white chocolate quenelles in stemmed glasses
bride and groom strawberries

WickedWench said:
Do they have special menus for children, or do the kids eat the same as the adults? If they can have special meals, do the same food & drink minimums apply for guests under 12?

My Childrens menu applies to children 3 to 9 years of age. They get Mickey-roni and cheese, chicken fingers, fresh fruit salad, and decorate your own cupcake. Their dinner is $20.00 per child.

Food was really important to my husband and I. I plan events for a living - and had some very specific ideas on what I wanted. My Event Manager Michelle Dorr and Chef Edwin at the Boardwalk were extremely accomodating when I said I wanted a completely custom menu. I basically feel that you should not be confined by their set menus. Use them as a guide and then work with your Event Manager to come up with a meal that suits your wishes - and your guests - perfectly.

One area that was very important for us was the cocktail hour. I told Michelle I wanted an Asian themed pre-reception, and had very specific ideas. We ultimately had:

Spicy Asian Noodles served in Chinese boxes with Chopsticks
Chicken Fried Rice Action Station
Teriyaki Shrimp wrapped in Bacon
Beef Satay Skewers with Peanut Sauce
Handroled Sushi Bar Action Station
Vegetable and Cheese Displays

Disney did a beautiful job with the cocktail hour displays, integrating asian props throughout.

For dinner, we wanted to integrate our Orange color scheme into the menu - and Disney worked with us to do so.

Signature Drink - Orange Curacao Liquor, Vodka and Sprite

Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup - since it is my husband's absolute favorite thing in Disney

Caesar Salad served in a Parmesan Tuille Fan

Intermezzo of Blood Orange Sorbet Served in a Orange Lit Ice Butterfly

Duo Plate of Petit Filet Mignon and Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Served with Haricots Verts, Carrots and Garlic Mashed Potatoes served in a nest of Onion Strings

Cinderella's White Chocolate Slipper Dessert

Wedding Cake and Replica Mini Cakes

The food was a huge highlight of our reception. It was wonderful - and truly personal for what Mike and I wanted.

Good luck!

For the cocktail hour:
Cheese and fruit displays

For dinner:
Goat cheese and grilled vegetables for appetizer
Tomato and mozzarella caprese for salad
Choice of:
-Beef tenderloin with mushroom/wine sauce and garlic mashers
-Stuffed chicken breast and garlic mashers
-Gnocchi in vodka cream sauce with grilled eggplant layered with ricotta cheese (Brian is a vegetarian and this is his fave dinner!)
All were served with grilled asparagus

For dessert:
Cinderella slipper

Mickey Icon Cake
-Bottom layer-Yellow with Bavarian cream and fresh strawberries
-Middle layer-Chocolate cake with white choc. mousse and fresh raspberries
-Top layer-Almond with Amaretto mousse

bubbaloo311 -- I believe I saw your wedding on Food TV... It was amazing, Congratulations :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter