Recently Spent a Day at DLP

LukenDC

DIS Veteran
On a recent trip to Paris, my boyfriend surprised me with a day trip to DLP. We went on a Friday and it was not crowded. My longest wait for an attraction was 15 minutes at Star Tours. We rode Thunder Mountain four times. I really liked the DLP Pirates ride and It's A Small World. It was chilly the day of our visit and the cast members were wearing very stylish cloaks.

I was fascinated to see that DLP is an unabashedly American theme park and that people visit in part to experience a bit of Americana. The American flag flies over Main Street and many of the attractions highlight the USA. I'm glad to see that the American brand still sells in this period of international tensions and turmoil.

I have been to Disneyland in California (going to WDW for the first time in September) and I must say that I prefer the California park. The landscaping is more lush and the park simply seems more intimate. I recognize, however, that lush vegetation is easier to achieve in southern California than in western Europe.

All in all a great day.

Glasd you enjoyed your trip to DLP. I am sure you will really love WDW.

I have been to DLP, DLR and WDW. I think they are all unique in their own way.

What did you think of Paris?

Susan

mark&sue said:
What did you think of Paris?

Susan

I just love Paris. My recent trip was my third visit to Paris and it certainly will not be my last. I also visited Rome on this trip and while it was fascinating, I still prefer Paris. Returning to Paris after the crowds and traffic of Rome was like returning home.

Two weeks from today, my husband and I are flying out to Germany to visit my sister, bil and the kids. She's planned a little trip to DLP and we can not wait. I've been to WDW, but none of the other parks yet. We can not wait!! We're spending 2 nights at the Holiday Inn at DLP and will also be seeing the sights in Paris. I'm so excited because I've never been to Europe and have always wanted to visit Paris.

Paris is truly a beautiful city. Lovely in the spring and summer time. Hope you all have a great time.

Susan

It sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing :)

I must say that I find DLP has more "European" touches than WDW, but I can see this is a very personal interpretation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter