Recent WOC dessert party reviews? Pictures?

We did the WOC dessert party this past Saturday, 05/06. We booked the 1st party which is 9pm show with an 'arrival' time of 8pm. The check in and meet place to walk over to the show area is next to the Grizzly River Eureka water wheel.
I wandered over ~ 6.45pm and there was already people milling around and a line forming.
There are two lines - one on the left (facing towards Redwood Creek / GCH) is for the 9pm show and over on the right for the 10.15pm show - this was indicated by a sign on each side.
At 7pm they start checking people in and issuing the wristbands. We were 2nd in line and able to select a high top in the front row. I would have been reasonably happy with a high top in front or back.
Re: the low tables - they had some set up in the middle in front of the steps. I would have been ok with those but wouldn't have been happy with the other ones in front of the railings - others have voiced a different opinion to that though and have said the low tables were fine anywhere.
They check in the 9pm show first and will then check in the later show after dealing with the first line. I didn't watch what happened with that other line too much as we checked in at 7pm and then wandered off for an hour but that seemed to be what was going on when I came back.
We went to Goofy's and around to the Pier before coming back just before 8pm. There was a very long line waiting to be walked over. I was not worried about that as we had already selected our table. We were the last of the 9pm show to be walked over (they did it in several groups) but we still had at least 40+ mins before the show to sit and eat our desserts and get our drinks.
2 alcoholic drinks per adult and unlimited soft drink / hot chocolate / water as well. The drink options were sparkling wine (I didn't try that this time), beer (apparently it changes - Corona was on offer that night) and a vodka based cocktail. I had the vodka drink - it was pretty good and had a bit of a kick to it!
They don't serve during the show so you want to have time to order your 2nd drink and any other drinks you want before the show starts. A bottle of water each was given without asking.
So..you don't HAVE to line up early. As the hostess said - everyone is guaranteed a seat. There were some that were showing up to check in at 8pm for the 9pm show. If you don't care where you sit then that is perfectly fine, I wanted a high top, preferably at the front, so therefore I lined up early.
Us and the table next to us were parties of 3 and there wasn't another guest seated with either of us but there can be, just depends on the numbers on the night.
There were A LOT of people and it seemed to me that they had extended the DP area from what I'd remembered.
I've done the party 3 or 4 times before but not since July 2019. The desserts were very similar to previous and the main difference (which I knew about) was the lack of a bread basket which has been replaced with some crackers.

The 2nd show does get walked over a bit later than the first show as that doesn't end and clear out till ~ 9.30pm and then they have to reset the tables so the 2nd show people aren't started being walked over till ~ 9.45pm for the 10.15pm show. I see the question above about when to check in. So basically, they are telling you to check in at 9.15pm to get your wristband for the 10.15pm show. It is fine to do that but there WILL be people who lined up and checked in at 7pm. It's up to you when you check in - depends how fussy you are about where you sit.

As for the show itself, I don't know...I perhaps preferred the previous one? It was still pretty good. There were no fire effects - I don't know if there ever was in this show or whether they've been stopped due to the Fantasmic incident, it may be that there was never any in the show.

I hope I might have answered some questions, if you have any questions feel free to ask : )
The fire effects did stop because of the fantasmic insistent. They did have some

Yeah it definitely is specific if they sold out. I was told all tables are pre-assigned based on reservation time not check in time. If they didn’t sell out they will ask for preferences and begin to move people if they want, but only to unassigned tables.

So check-in time in my opinion doesn’t matter much.

But I also think this experience is a shell of its former self when they sold to only 50% of what they do today and didn’t force parties to share seating. Also the entire thing is even worse when you’ve done the WDW dessert events which are much nicer for around the same price.
Hm, if that’s true, does anyone have any idea in which order they assign tables?
Is there a (known) system for the tables, like which one is which?
I don’t wanna miss out on requesting a great table if I get the option… better to be prepared…
I know I am already stressing my self out way more than I should about the WOC seating but can’t help it :scared:
I am really hoping for a high top table with a good view because in my experience some tables have a great view and some not so much… and I actually didn’t like the low (regular) tables at all…

Hi there
Try not to stress about it, I understand where you are coming from.
I didn't agree with what the other poster said but didn't want to be argumentative so didn't comment.
They might be right after all!
What they describe had not been my experience the several times I have done the party.
Previously I have not been right at the front of the check in line like I was the other night. I've been somewhere between the 5th to 20th to check in I would guess. I've always gotten a high top. Sometimes front row and other times back row which were all fine, I've not had a bad seat at any of them.
I stand by the fact that checking in early will get you a good chance at a great high top.
Whilst I agree to some extent that they must have some sort of idea of pre arranged seating, ie. parties of 2 or 1 are going to be paired together, my observations of the host checking us in on his i pad the other night was he allocated our table at the time. Our night was sold out because I checked out of interest to gauge how busy it might be.
As I mentioned, I wandered over `~ 6.45pm and was checked in at 7pm so it wasn't a huge investment of my time.
The people who were first in line directly in front of me got the only other high top / at centre position right next to us - after that there were low tops all along both sides of us.
If I do it again I would do the exact same thing as I did that night

I didn't agree with the 'shell of former self' - I'm not saying they are wrong, that is their opinion which they are entitled to of course, but it's not my experience.
Even with what I thought seemed to be a lot more guests than I remembered from previous our service was top notch and very prompt and friendly - I had no complaints whatsoever. The only change as I noted was they had removed the bread basket and replaced with crackers but I always thought it was a little odd anyway, it makes more sense for them to have sealed crackers for this event as the food trays are wheeled in on trolleys from elsewhere.
As to the shared seating, in my experience it's always been like that. If we haven't had a full party of 4 then we've usually had to share the table, I know this going in when I book. Maybe others experience has been different.

So, of course - this is just my opinion and experience. Others are allowed to disagree or have a different opinion to me. Hopefully you might get others chime in with their experience.
I thought there was a seating / table chart floating around somewhere but I couldn't find it and it would be very out of date anyway as I feel like they had greatly expanded the party area from what I could see.

Sorry this turned out so long, but I just wanted to give you my perspective. Next time I would do it exactly the same way again. Nothing in life is guaranteed but checking in early certainly worked for me and was worth the 15 - 30mins of my time.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Hm, if that’s true, does anyone have any idea in which order they assign tables?

Every time we’ve done the dessert party, table assignment is based on order in line during check-in. They’ll ask what your preference is as far as low/high top. The only pre-assigned table we’ve had is the RBT premium Fantasmic package.

We have the WoC Dessert party booked again in a couple weeks, so I’ll report back if we experience anything different. 😊

I don’t wanna miss out on requesting a great table if I get the option… better to be prepared…
I know I am already stressing my self out way more than I should about the WOC seating but can’t help it :scared:
I am really hoping for a high top table with a good view because in my experience some tables have a great view and some not so much… and I actually didn’t like the low (regular) tables at all…
I will say don’t stress out about the seating. I had a low top right in the center without any obstructions. While they wouldn’t let me move it was still a great seat, and probably the best view, better than the High tops.

I’m not going to argue about the shared vs non-shared seating. But my experience pre and post COVID are drastically different.

It’s important to know that it’s more people so service suffers (never got refills on drinks). However, with all that being said the money is about sitting and watching the show not about the desserts. I obviously keep doing it so that tells you I think it’s worth it. But if you are going for the dessert aspect and don’t value the seating over the virtual queue or the dining package seats I don’t recommend it.

I disagree with the other posters, my experience the 3 times has always been consistent (all within the last 2.5 months). I was told the seats were pre-assigned, usually the first 5-10 to check in. 1 time I was allowed to move because there were seats available but the other times they told me nothing was open to move to. There has to be pre-assigned seats because how would they mix parties when it’s group seating (it seems obvious that be the case, with group seating).

It wouldn’t stop me from asking but don’t expect them to move you. I asked all 3 times just in case but just to set your expectations.

Last edited:
Thank you.
I always heard that the seats and tables were preassigned. How is the service during the party?

Thank you.
I always heard that the seats and tables were preassigned. How is the service during the party?
Personally, which disagrees with other posters has been sub-par for the price. They drop off a tray of desserts and your server takes a drink order. Beyond that I rarely have seen the server post COVID because they simply have to service far too many tables.

I never got a refill on a drink, even after having been asked once by my server for one party of the 3. I don’t fault them I fault Disney for overselling. But again you pay for the seat, view, and guarantee not the food in my opinion, which I think is worth it but other might not.

Personally, which disagrees with other posters has been sub-par for the price. They drop off a tray of desserts and your server takes a drink order. Beyond that I rarely have seen the server post COVID because they simply have to service far too many tables.

I never got a refill on a drink, even after having been asked once by my server for one party of the 3. I don’t fault them I fault Disney for overselling. But again you pay for the seat, view, and guarantee not the food in my opinion, which I think is worth it but other might not.
Do you usually go to the first show or second show? I wonder if the second show is less crowded and maybe better service. I agree for $89 I expect service not perfect service but drink refills at a minimum.

Do you usually go to the first show or second show? I wonder if the second show is less crowded and maybe better service. I agree for $89 I expect service not perfect service but drink refills at a minimum.
I usually do second for everything because the crowd skews older I hope not because I’m hoping for less crowds.

But usually if they offer two WOC shows they expect to probably sell out, but I’d think if a show wasn’t going to sell out it be the second (but who knows because people might decide to do that one to not waste park hours)

I’d actually guess the first has better service, which I’ve never done, so just a guess. Simply because they haven’t had to work a whole show and then turn over all those tables in a short time.

I usually do second for everything because the crowd skews older I hope not because I’m hoping for less crowds.

But usually if they offer two WOC shows they expect to probably sell out, but I’d think if a show wasn’t going to sell out it be the second (but who knows because people might decide to do that one to not waste park hours)

I’d actually guess the first has better service, which I’ve never done, so just a guess. Simply because they haven’t had to work a whole show and then turn over all those tables in a short time.
Thanks. I am trying to decide between the 1st and 2nd show when I make my reservation.

Thank you.
We did the dessert party last June. We went to the first show and service was excellent. Our server came back multiple times to refill drinks, and she offered to take our picture in front of WOC before it started. She was very nice. We chose our table during check in.

Thank you.

I'm not going to say that the other poster in this thread is wrong, because their experience is their experience, and it's unfortunate that they did not like the level of service. However, I went in late January (literally the 2nd night of the new One show for WOC), and the service was EXCELLENT. He was very attentive, brought refills, brought bottled water in addition to our drinks, brought the to-go boxes, extra crackers when someone asked, and even got more than the 2 drinks that comes with the package when asked if he could (I'm sure that varies, depending on the server and the supplies available). He was wonderful and the first thing I did when I got back to my room was do a Cast Compliment for him.

I'm not going to say that the other poster in this thread is wrong, because their experience is their experience, and it's unfortunate that they did not like the level of service. However, I went in late January (literally the 2nd night of the new One show for WOC), and the service was EXCELLENT. He was very attentive, brought refills, brought bottled water in addition to our drinks, brought the to-go boxes, extra crackers when someone asked, and even got more than the 2 drinks that comes with the package when asked if he could (I'm sure that varies, depending on the server and the supplies available). He was wonderful and the first thing I did when I got back to my room was do a Cast Compliment for him.
Thank you for your review. Did you go to the first or second show?

I'll throw my review in here, I can't remember if I did already so it may be a duplicate. We had the best time in December. We had so many refills on drinks and such an attentive server. We were about 20 back in line and were able to choose our table, there were three of us. We had a super nice lady sit with us and all was well with that. I like meeting people and also travel for work alone sometimes, I will always welcome people to our group.

For us thinking back about it, this will be an every trip splurge. I hated WOC before this, I'm short and could never see before. I personally think it was worth every penny.

Here are the desserts from Saturday's (May 13) dessert event.
WOC dessert party.jpeg
They weren't great, unfortunately. I liked the brie cheese, little bundt cake, the strawberry, and the purple cookie in the middle (shortbread with raspberry filling). Everything else was kind of meh.
Our server was very friendly and gave us lots of drinks - hot chocolate, sparkling wine, a sparkling juice for my daughter, water, tea, coffee....basically anything we wanted before the show. He also took lots of pictures of us! My daughter got an orb cup that lights up, so that was nice for kids.
We had a low top table, and while our view was very good, I actually think we would have been better off with a high top because we could see more of the fire effects. We saw none with the low top.
It is so nice to have a chair to sit in, not stress about the view, and enjoy the cool evening with a hot chocolate. But I was a bit disappointed in the desserts.

We went tonight (first time since December, first show of the night). Seating was assigned as we checked in (could request low vs high top) and those later in line (nearer 8pm) similarly were asked for preferences.

My mom is a celiac and had the new allergy plate. A castmember came after she had finished to get feedback. He said this plate covers most allergies and vegan requests. They are trying to only have two plates for the parties, hoping this allergy one is well received. Mom said everything was delicious, but all sweet-would like some cheese or crackers to balance out. She liked last years gluten free plate better with the flourless chocolate cake, but this was good!

Attachments

• 1918D50F-4DEF-4DF0-B790-0E3D4657E06E.jpeg
    1918D50F-4DEF-4DF0-B790-0E3D4657E06E.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 40
We’ve been many times before and after Covid and have still had great experiences. We’ve only booked the first show, not the second. Since we have a party of 5, we’ve always gotten our own table (same when we were 4), and were able to select the table when checking in. The most recent time, we lined up around 7:15 and were able to get a low-top (our preference with little ones) by the stairs. The view was great. Our server was just okay that time, but generally our servers have been good.

Once we checked in very late and were getting seated as the show was starting (the last time I ever booked the party for arrival night). We got a low-top by the railing and it was still a good view, just not as good as by the stairs. Our server was great and got us our desserts and drinks very quickly. I’ve booked it again for our next trip since we’ll have family with us and they rarely go, and will probably do it again the month after for a trip with friends that have never been. It’s definitely pricey, but I’ve always felt like it was worth it for us.

We went tonight (first time since December, first show of the night). Seating was assigned as we checked in (could request low vs high top) and those later in line (nearer 8pm) similarly were asked for preferences.

My mom is a celiac and had the new allergy plate. A castmember came after she had finished to get feedback. He said this plate covers most allergies and vegan requests. They are trying to only have two plates for the parties, hoping this allergy one is well received. Mom said everything was delicious, but all sweet-would like some cheese or crackers to balance out. She liked last years gluten free plate better with the flourless chocolate cake, but this was good!
Thanks for the allergy pic. I want to book for our trip in September, but from the looks of the allergy plate several items on there would kill me. I wonder how accommodating they are, my allergies are super weird.

Does anyone have a picture of the beer menu or know what beers are offered? DH is a very picky beer drinker. :) If he doesn't like the beers that are with the dessert party, will he be allowed to bring a beer from somewhere else in the park?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter