Recent WOC dessert party reviews? Pictures?

QUICK question:

What time is the second show usually? When would you check-in? Is the second show less crowded overall - I am sure the party is booked fully but the viewing crowd as a whole?

QUICK question:

What time is the second show usually? When would you check-in? Is the second show less crowded overall - I am sure the party is booked fully but the viewing crowd as a whole?
I booked a party for the second show on June 1st so haven't been yet but...the 2nd show starts at 10:15 on that date (after the park closes). Our reservation time says 9:15 but I'm still trying to find a clear answer on when we need to be there to check in. It sounds like general viewing for the 2nd show is a lot less crowded as a whole. If you find out when to check in for the 2nd party, let me know! :)

I booked a party for the second show on June 1st so haven't been yet but...the 2nd show starts at 10:15 on that date (after the park closes). Our reservation time says 9:15 but I'm still trying to find a clear answer on when we need to be there to check in. It sounds like general viewing for the 2nd show is a lot less crowded as a whole. If you find out when to check in for the 2nd party, let me know! :)
I will let you know! Thanks.

I have a reservation for the second show on June 5th. I’m not sure when to check in either. My reservation says an hour before reservation time, but also says the show starts about 60 minutes after the reservation time. So it looks like we check in around 8:15?? I think I will ask someone when we get to the park that day.

Glad for the tips on the ECV and keeping it with you, would likely select high-top from what I’ve read.

Quick question: for anyone who’s had the sparkling wine…is it dry or sweet? Hoping it’s not sweet. 🤞

We did the WOC dessert party this past Saturday, 05/06. We booked the 1st party which is 9pm show with an 'arrival' time of 8pm. The check in and meet place to walk over to the show area is next to the Grizzly River Eureka water wheel.
I wandered over ~ 6.45pm and there was already people milling around and a line forming.
There are two lines - one on the left (facing towards Redwood Creek / GCH) is for the 9pm show and over on the right for the 10.15pm show - this was indicated by a sign on each side.
At 7pm they start checking people in and issuing the wristbands. We were 2nd in line and able to select a high top in the front row. I would have been reasonably happy with a high top in front or back.
Re: the low tables - they had some set up in the middle in front of the steps. I would have been ok with those but wouldn't have been happy with the other ones in front of the railings - others have voiced a different opinion to that though and have said the low tables were fine anywhere.
They check in the 9pm show first and will then check in the later show after dealing with the first line. I didn't watch what happened with that other line too much as we checked in at 7pm and then wandered off for an hour but that seemed to be what was going on when I came back.
We went to Goofy's and around to the Pier before coming back just before 8pm. There was a very long line waiting to be walked over. I was not worried about that as we had already selected our table. We were the last of the 9pm show to be walked over (they did it in several groups) but we still had at least 40+ mins before the show to sit and eat our desserts and get our drinks.
2 alcoholic drinks per adult and unlimited soft drink / hot chocolate / water as well. The drink options were sparkling wine (I didn't try that this time), beer (apparently it changes - Corona was on offer that night) and a vodka based cocktail. I had the vodka drink - it was pretty good and had a bit of a kick to it!
They don't serve during the show so you want to have time to order your 2nd drink and any other drinks you want before the show starts. A bottle of water each was given without asking.
So..you don't HAVE to line up early. As the hostess said - everyone is guaranteed a seat. There were some that were showing up to check in at 8pm for the 9pm show. If you don't care where you sit then that is perfectly fine, I wanted a high top, preferably at the front, so therefore I lined up early.
Us and the table next to us were parties of 3 and there wasn't another guest seated with either of us but there can be, just depends on the numbers on the night.
There were A LOT of people and it seemed to me that they had extended the DP area from what I'd remembered.
I've done the party 3 or 4 times before but not since July 2019. The desserts were very similar to previous and the main difference (which I knew about) was the lack of a bread basket which has been replaced with some crackers.

The 2nd show does get walked over a bit later than the first show as that doesn't end and clear out till ~ 9.30pm and then they have to reset the tables so the 2nd show people aren't started being walked over till ~ 9.45pm for the 10.15pm show. I see the question above about when to check in. So basically, they are telling you to check in at 9.15pm to get your wristband for the 10.15pm show. It is fine to do that but there WILL be people who lined up and checked in at 7pm. It's up to you when you check in - depends how fussy you are about where you sit.

As for the show itself, I don't know...I perhaps preferred the previous one? It was still pretty good. There were no fire effects - I don't know if there ever was in this show or whether they've been stopped due to the Fantasmic incident, it may be that there was never any in the show.

I hope I might have answered some questions, if you have any questions feel free to ask : )

Does everyone in the party have to be in attendance for checking in and selecting a table? Or can one of us just go and stand in the queue to check in and select a table while the rest of the party continues to mill about the park?

Does everyone in the party have to be in attendance for checking in and selecting a table? Or can one of us just go and stand in the queue to check in and select a table while the rest of the party continues to mill about the park?

We were assigned a table. Didn't get to select. Perhaps because we were a party of 2. Also, some people got yelled at by other guests for party members showing up late and "cutting in line". The reality is that with assigned tables, no one is really "cutting in line". Just FYI....FWIW.

Hi
No, all of your party don't have to be there to check in, we were because I wasn't sure but apparently you don't have to. The hostess will give one person all the wristbands for the groupl
We didn't experience anything like what Gypsybear describes. Not saying they didn't, it just wasn't our experience.
Many people were coming up and joining their group without issue. When we came back at 8pm to line up we each returned separately with no issue, but we were right at the back of the line though. YMMV
I think table choice comes down to time and party size when you check in.
We were 2nd in line & he asked if we had a preference - high or low table to which I replied 'high top at front' & he said 'no problem, I have one of those available' (I don't think there's very many of those in the front row)
Usually they say high or low table preference?
However, tables or 1 or 2 are usually going to be seated with other people so you may have less preference with that.
As with everything, your experience can vary on any given day with the particular crowd there on that day but there was certainly no issue with people joining their group at any stage on our night - it makes no difference for this event.

This looks great! Is the cake vanilla? When we went last time it was a blue cake. What flavor was the macaroon?
Sorry, I probably won't be much help, my memory is a bit vague. There was a very descriptive menu on the table listing what each item was but unfortunately I didn't think to take a photo of it!
I think I recall it being listed as a bundt cake, it was possibly vanilla but I'm struggling to remember.
Same as the macaroon - you would think it might have a lavender taste looking at it (I love lavender!!) but I don't recall it having a strong flavour - might have been the couple of vodka drinks I'd had by that time!
Our least favourite on the plate was probably the chocolate dessert with the WOC One disc on top - I believe it was cheesecake - I'm not a huge cheesecake fan.
I was pretty happy with the plate all in all though, I thought it was a pretty good selection that all tasted pretty good.
Sorry I couldn't be more specific / helpful : )

We did the WOC dessert party this past Saturday, 05/06. We booked the 1st party which is 9pm show with an 'arrival' time of 8pm. The check in and meet place to walk over to the show area is next to the Grizzly River Eureka water wheel.
I wandered over ~ 6.45pm and there was already people milling around and a line forming.
There are two lines - one on the left (facing towards Redwood Creek / GCH) is for the 9pm show and over on the right for the 10.15pm show - this was indicated by a sign on each side.
At 7pm they start checking people in and issuing the wristbands. We were 2nd in line and able to select a high top in the front row. I would have been reasonably happy with a high top in front or back.
Re: the low tables - they had some set up in the middle in front of the steps. I would have been ok with those but wouldn't have been happy with the other ones in front of the railings - others have voiced a different opinion to that though and have said the low tables were fine anywhere.
They check in the 9pm show first and will then check in the later show after dealing with the first line. I didn't watch what happened with that other line too much as we checked in at 7pm and then wandered off for an hour but that seemed to be what was going on when I came back.
We went to Goofy's and around to the Pier before coming back just before 8pm. There was a very long line waiting to be walked over. I was not worried about that as we had already selected our table. We were the last of the 9pm show to be walked over (they did it in several groups) but we still had at least 40+ mins before the show to sit and eat our desserts and get our drinks.
2 alcoholic drinks per adult and unlimited soft drink / hot chocolate / water as well. The drink options were sparkling wine (I didn't try that this time), beer (apparently it changes - Corona was on offer that night) and a vodka based cocktail. I had the vodka drink - it was pretty good and had a bit of a kick to it!
They don't serve during the show so you want to have time to order your 2nd drink and any other drinks you want before the show starts. A bottle of water each was given without asking.
So..you don't HAVE to line up early. As the hostess said - everyone is guaranteed a seat. There were some that were showing up to check in at 8pm for the 9pm show. If you don't care where you sit then that is perfectly fine, I wanted a high top, preferably at the front, so therefore I lined up early.
Us and the table next to us were parties of 3 and there wasn't another guest seated with either of us but there can be, just depends on the numbers on the night.
There were A LOT of people and it seemed to me that they had extended the DP area from what I'd remembered.
I've done the party 3 or 4 times before but not since July 2019. The desserts were very similar to previous and the main difference (which I knew about) was the lack of a bread basket which has been replaced with some crackers.

The 2nd show does get walked over a bit later than the first show as that doesn't end and clear out till ~ 9.30pm and then they have to reset the tables so the 2nd show people aren't started being walked over till ~ 9.45pm for the 10.15pm show. I see the question above about when to check in. So basically, they are telling you to check in at 9.15pm to get your wristband for the 10.15pm show. It is fine to do that but there WILL be people who lined up and checked in at 7pm. It's up to you when you check in - depends how fussy you are about where you sit.

As for the show itself, I don't know...I perhaps preferred the previous one? It was still pretty good. There were no fire effects - I don't know if there ever was in this show or whether they've been stopped due to the Fantasmic incident, it may be that there was never any in the show.

I hope I might have answered some questions, if you have any questions feel free to ask : )
Thanks for the details! We have late show reservation coming in June and I was confused about when we could line up and choose our seats, but this is super helpful!

We have DP tickets for this coming Monday for the 2nd show. The WOC show starts at 10:15 and the ticket says 9:15.
But is sounds like even for the 2nd show, check in and table assignment can (should?) be done much earlier, even as the first show is getting checked in? Is this correct?

Rob

We have DP tickets for this coming Monday for the 2nd show. The WOC show starts at 10:15 and the ticket says 9:15.
But is sounds like even for the 2nd show, check in and table assignment can (should?) be done much earlier, even as the first show is getting checked in? Is this correct?

Rob
You can start checking in immediately after the first show checks in. They have two lines. One for the early show and one for the later show.

Hi
No, all of your party don't have to be there to check in, we were because I wasn't sure but apparently you don't have to. The hostess will give one person all the wristbands for the groupl
We didn't experience anything like what Gypsybear describes. Not saying they didn't, it just wasn't our experience.
Many people were coming up and joining their group without issue. When we came back at 8pm to line up we each returned separately with no issue, but we were right at the back of the line though. YMMV
I think table choice comes down to time and party size when you check in.
We were 2nd in line & he asked if we had a preference - high or low table to which I replied 'high top at front' & he said 'no problem, I have one of those available' (I don't think there's very many of those in the front row)
Usually they say high or low table preference?
However, tables or 1 or 2 are usually going to be seated with other people so you may have less preference with that.
As with everything, your experience can vary on any given day with the particular crowd there on that day but there was certainly no issue with people joining their group at any stage on our night - it makes no difference for this event.
Yeah it definitely is specific if they sold out. I was told all tables are pre-assigned based on reservation time not check in time. If they didn’t sell out they will ask for preferences and begin to move people if they want, but only to unassigned tables.

So check-in time in my opinion doesn’t matter much.

But I also think this experience is a shell of its former self when they sold to only 50% of what they do today and didn’t force parties to share seating. Also the entire thing is even worse when you’ve done the WDW dessert events which are much nicer for around the same price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter