Recent upgrade at port experiences?

figmentfinesse

DIS Veteran
Hello! I am hoping to upgrade my OGT to a verandah at port next week. Everything says unavailable except concierge online, does that mean I'm out of luck?

I was also just curious about anyone's experiences/prices to upgrade at port during the last few months. I've never done it and feel pretty underinformed.

My apologies if I've missed any recent threads on this!

Your odds of upgrading are slim since your cruise appears to be sailing at full capacity. Your only chance is if someone with a verandah upgrades to one of the available concierge room and you happen to ask for the upgrade at just the right time.

There is a desk at the terminal and guest services - to check for upgrades.

There is a desk at the terminal and guest services - to check for upgrades.

Thanks. I’m assuming it’s in the main terminal part? We’ve sailed concierge in the past, so I honestly haven’t really looked around much since they usually walk us straight back to the waiting area. We will be concierge this time too, but might want to try to grab a one bedroom if it’s available at embarkation.

The the prices to upgrade at the port as you are boarding the cruise ship very high?
Unlike when you upgrade online, the price at port is not based on the number of passengers in your stateroom but simply as a ratio between your starting and end staterooms. They have a grid and quote the price shown where both lines intersect. That grid is secret and we don’t know if there are multiple versions of it.

The more people in the room, the bigger the savings compared to upgrading before the cruise. However, don’t expect to upgrade from inside to Concierge for a few hundred bucks.

Hello! I am hoping to upgrade my OGT to a verandah at port next week. Everything says unavailable except concierge online, does that mean I'm out of luck?

I was also just curious about anyone's experiences/prices to upgrade at port during the last few months. I've never done it and feel pretty underinformed.

My apologies if I've missed any recent threads on this!
Can you update us? Were you able to upgrade at the port? What was the cost?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter