• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recent Thrifty/Dollar MCO pickup experiences

Have you seen the new option to do early check in? I have an upcoming reservation. The thing I don't like is they send a link and want to take control of your camera. The disclaimer says that they take a picture of the renter. It is definitely Dollar's site. But these kinds of things make me uneasy.
🤨 I don’t use Dollar, but it’s my husband’s go to for business travel, and he travels to MCO several times a year. I’m pretty sure that would be a no go for him. He’s going again the beginning of October, so if he tries Dollar again, I’ll ask him if he gets that option.

🤨 I don’t use Dollar, but it’s my husband’s go to for business travel, and he travels to MCO several times a year. I’m pretty sure that would be a no go for him. He’s going again the beginning of October, so if he tries Dollar again, I’ll ask him if he gets that option.
Yeah that's TMI for me as well. Our March reservation was using the garage booth but our May reservation was TERMINAL only. Again I'll see the situation this weekend at the booths if I can do so.

Yeah that's TMI for me as well. Our March reservation was using the garage booth but our May reservation was TERMINAL only. Again I'll see the situation this weekend at the booths if I can do so.
This is so weird. We rented during the middle of May and were able to use the garage. Maybe it is a staffing issue.

I hope to keep hearing back from others as we have a reservation in December. With my SN son, I need it all to go as easy as possible. We are enrolled in every program for skip the line with Alamo, dollars, budget, etc.

Has anyone used Dollar at MCO within the last couple of weeks? Are they still sending people to the terminal counters? If so have the employees at the counter explained whether this is a temporary thing?

Has anyone used Dollar at MCO within the last couple of weeks? Are they still sending people to the terminal counters? If so have the employees at the counter explained whether this is a temporary thing?
So here is the deal. I rented last week. Even did the pre-check in which didn't seem to matter. Went straight to the garage. Monitors were all gone. Girl their said we will do this as a favor since I had my confirmation number. But she said from now on, everyone has to go to the counter. I said that will lose Dollar a lot of business. She was unfazed. So I think I will be moving on from Dollar after this rental.

So here is the deal. I rented last week. Even did the pre-check in which didn't seem to matter. Went straight to the garage. Monitors were all gone. Girl their said we will do this as a favor since I had my confirmation number. But she said from now on, everyone has to go to the counter. I said that will lose Dollar a lot of business. She was unfazed. So I think I will be moving on from Dollar after this rental.
Thank you for letting us know. Very disappointing. Guess we'll be renting from another agency.

Since Dollar is owned by the same company as Hertz and Thrifty, what will happen to them going straight to the garage. I have a Hertz rental next month and I sure as HELL wont wait at the counter if they pull this crap with Hertz.

Since Dollar is owned by the same company as Hertz and Thrifty, what will happen to them going straight to the garage. I have a Hertz rental next month and I sure as HELL wont wait at the counter if they pull this crap with Hertz.
I have Hertz Gold and a rental at MCO next week. I’ll report back if anything has changed.

I will not be renting from Dollar or Thrifty again if waiting at the counter is the only option. It was horrible last time.

how'd you make out??

Afraid I have failed all of you beautiful people here. When we arrived, we went directly to Alamo (yes outside using our pick-up ticket) and I never passed by the Dollar or Thrifty desk to see if there was anybody manning it. I tried to look...but couldn't see them. I will say Alamo was great, we just went to the row, found a car, drove off and showed our electronic "ticket" at the gate to get it. Very smooth and easy.

Now...I have another trip next week. I have Thrifty and Alamo both reserved right now. Perhaps I will try Thrifty first to see what the situation is there? If it doesn't work out, I can always still use Alamo as my backup plan. We were very impressed also with the fact that the Alamo mid-size (Toyota Corolla) was in much better shape than our last few cars from Thrifty, and was also clearly recently cleaned (our last few Thrifty cars have not seemed very clean to us).

So I'll try to update again at the end of NEXT week if I try this!

Afraid I have failed all of you beautiful people here. When we arrived, we went directly to Alamo (yes outside using our pick-up ticket) and I never passed by the Dollar or Thrifty desk to see if there was anybody manning it. I tried to look...but couldn't see them. I will say Alamo was great, we just went to the row, found a car, drove off and showed our electronic "ticket" at the gate to get it. Very smooth and easy.

Now...I have another trip next week. I have Thrifty and Alamo both reserved right now. Perhaps I will try Thrifty first to see what the situation is there? If it doesn't work out, I can always still use Alamo as my backup plan. We were very impressed also with the fact that the Alamo mid-size (Toyota Corolla) was in much better shape than our last few cars from Thrifty, and was also clearly recently cleaned (our last few Thrifty cars have not seemed very clean to us).

So I'll try to update again at the end of NEXT week if I try this!
Thanks for the effort. Unfortunately, I cannot afford Alamo's inflated prices and I assume alot of us here also cannot either. Im keeping my fingers crossed that I can still go right to the garage with my Hertz rental. The same class car I have is $200 more with Alamo

Thanks for the effort. Unfortunately, I cannot afford Alamo's inflated prices and I assume alot of us here also cannot either. Im keeping my fingers crossed that I can still go right to the garage with my Hertz rental. The same class car I have is $200 more with Alamo
Yeah that's a pretty big difference. Alamo had quite a few "Specials" linked from the top of their website...like Plan Ahead, Last Minute, $XX off rentals of $XXX or more so I tend to try all of them as some of the deals are better than others.

However overall I'm looking for a vehicle that will hold up to 5 people max plus luggage. Alamo prices compared to Thrifty or Dollar for that are maybe $30 more a week, which is worth it for me. I did have a FANTASTIC rate on a full-size SUV for several days on Alamo at one point...then my dates and times changes and the difference for the new dates for that size was crazy. I cancelled it since I don't think I'll need a bigger vehicle right now with only 4 of us going.

Best of luck to all of you. I will say I just got my next week Alamo 4-day rental down to $188 (You click We Pick rate) and I have a similar vehicle at Thrifty for $138. That's a $50 difference of course, so I may have to TRY Thrifty but if they send me inside...that's just NO DEAL. I know that wait inside the terminal is at LEAST 30-45 minutes and I'm not dealing with that. I'll just have to skip a Disney meal or a few Disney drinks instead to offset that cost.

Yeah that's a pretty big difference. Alamo had quite a few "Specials" linked from the top of their website...like Plan Ahead, Last Minute, $XX off rentals of $XXX or more so I tend to try all of them as some of the deals are better than others.

However overall I'm looking for a vehicle that will hold up to 5 people max plus luggage. Alamo prices compared to Thrifty or Dollar for that are maybe $30 more a week, which is worth it for me. I did have a FANTASTIC rate on a full-size SUV for several days on Alamo at one point...then my dates and times changes and the difference for the new dates for that size was crazy. I cancelled it since I don't think I'll need a bigger vehicle right now with only 4 of us going.

Best of luck to all of you. I will say I just got my next week Alamo 4-day rental down to $188 (You click We Pick rate) and I have a similar vehicle at Thrifty for $138. That's a $50 difference of course, so I may have to TRY Thrifty but if they send me inside...that's just NO DEAL. I know that wait inside the terminal is at LEAST 30-45 minutes and I'm not dealing with that. I'll just have to skip a Disney meal or a few Disney drinks instead to offset that cost.
There could be alot of factors. My rental is from 10/1 to 10/10. That runs into Columbus Day so that is probably the main reason. However my Hertz rental dropped each day from last Friday until today and I went from 520 to 462 all in so I hope it keeps up until I leave. Alamo had nothing available when I tried to use plan ahead or last minute. The cheapest for the same car class, which by the way was a mid size SUV, Alamo wanted 689 all in so right now I am sitcking with Hertz.

I think we are just sold on Alamo now. We just had another great rental through them and even the return went well, so husband has just decided we stick with them from now on even though it is a little more than Thrifty and Dollar. Our time and the service is just worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter