• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Recent experience with single rider lines..

katyringo

DIS Veteran
So single rider is offered on these correct?

Test track
Smugglers
Rocking roller coaster
Everest

anyone have recent experience with these on a crowded day? What were wait times like?

solo trip and planning my genie+ musts...

Here are my comments Based on my experience (from Sept 2021).
- Test track: note that you skip the design car step
- Smugglers: you are usually assigned to be an engineer
- Rocking rollercoaster: this single rider line takes forever
- Everest: this single rider line moves pretty quickly

I have used Test Track's single rider line 3 times in the last month.

First trip was a posted 30 minute standby wait and I waited 2 or 3 minutes.

Second trip was a posted 40 minute standby wait and again it was under 5 minutes for single rider.

Third trip was also 40 minute standby, the single rider line was 12 minutes.

I think it helps that every time I have been to Epcot since the single rider line reopened, there is no longer a wait time posted for single rider. If it had a posted 5 or 10 minute line, more people would use it.

I never use it at Rock N Roller coaster because you can't see the line without waiting to get near the loading area and it moves very slow with the seating only 2 across.

Agree, but here's what I don't understand. Everest is also two across, but it's single rider line moves SO much quicker than RnRC. Is it due to volume/length of the line or is it that the cars come quicker in Everest?

I think it’s because there are more seats per train on Everest (34 vs 24 on Rock N Rollercoaster) and the entrance to Everest’s single rider line is somewhat hidden and not at the main ride entrance so a lot of people don’t know about it.

I think it’s because there are more seats per train on Everest (34 vs 24 on Rock N Rollercoaster) and the entrance to Everest’s single rider line is somewhat hidden and not at the main ride entrance so a lot of people don’t know about it.
Oooo where is it so I can find it?

It’s near the ride exit, there is a sign to the left if you are facing the ride exit/store. There is a short path right there that goes right to the line.

Rode TT last week and agree with people saying the ine was short. I will add, they now have a couple stations in the single rider line where you can design your car. Of course, if you stop to design your car, other single riders will walk right past you to continue down the line while you are designing your car

Rode TT last week and agree with people saying the ine was short. I will add, they now have a couple stations in the single rider line where you can design your car. Of course, if you stop to design your car, other single riders will walk right past you to continue down the line while you are designing your car
I might be in the minority, but we've enjoyed TT enough that I prefer the single rider line and the ability to skip the car design! Sorry to say that - I'd rather ride more quickly!

I might be in the minority, but we've enjoyed TT enough that I prefer the single rider line and the ability to skip the car design! Sorry to say that - I'd rather ride more quickly!

I am with you. The car design is not a deal breaker to me anymore. I usually let someone else in our group design the car anyway. I would rather get on the ride faster.

If you enjoy designing and testing a car another option is to go through the gift shop and through the "exit" and design a car there, save it to your MB (MDE) and its yours until you design a new one. Then anytime you ride (even SR) tap your band to engage your car and test your design.

If you enjoy designing and testing a car another option is to go through the gift shop and through the "exit" and design a car there, save it to your MB (MDE) and its yours until you design a new one. Then anytime you ride (even SR) tap your band to engage your car and test your design.
I don't recall hearing that tip before. Thanks!

Has anyone tried Rock N Roller Coaster single rider line fairly early in the morning? I know it's not much help most of the day, but how about early?

today went to epcot on a miserably crowded day (holiday weeks only times we can actually go).

I can confirm the test track single riders line is a breeze. The standby was 95 mins when we walked into the singles line and were in the ride vehicles in maybe 10 mins.

I can also confirm that the single riders for RnR coaster sucks. i did it years ago and it took forever to get through 20 people or so. don’t bother unless the standby is like 80+ mins and you absolutely want to get on that day.

haven’t done the other 2 but everest doesn’t seem to get super huge waits anyways if you are patient. i saw at times today it was listed at 30 mins and moves quickly.

Funny, I practically beg my child to avoid the craziness of Test Track.....wait for it.....because I drive a convertible.

"But Daddy, I want to design my own car....."

"Yes, but the cars are all the same and the track is the same for all the cars."

"Dad, you don't understand Disney; it's make believe."

"But we drive in a real convertible...."

What about Smugglers? Does it move quickly?
I am loathe to tell the truth for fear that it will ruin things.....

Smugglers Run single-rider not only moved quickly, Cast Members were frequently taking groups of more than one person. In other words, families on single-rider were frequently kept together.

And I'm not sure how it happened, but one time my child & I were alone in the spacecraft....after the Standby line was halted for some unknown reason.

They didn’t have a single riders line on smugglers yesterday when we were there. the standby was like 60-70 so we asked and they said there was no single riders lane available that day… so it’s not a guaranteed option on busy days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter