Recent experience wheelchair assist at MCO?

Sherrkel

Disney World Dreamer . . . My Home Away From Home
Hello, flying in to MCO in a few days. My FIL rents a scooter for the while time we're at Disney. He's agreed to try wheelchair assist from gate to baggage claim to their car service. I'm guessing it's been difficult to get this service during the past couple of weeks. Any tips from anyone who has been recently how it's worked out? We will be calling airline but I always appreciate tips from you guys😊 Thanks in advance!

We flew down Dec 22 on southwest and had no problem getting wheelchair assistance for my mom. We arranged it through the airline and it was ready when we arrived and they got us all the way to magical express

Flew down in October. Prearranged it with Spirit and someone was there waiting for me and took us to baggage claim then to the limo. I had a powerchair rental for the week, but because of various issues (battery didn’t last even an hour, chair looked like it was on its “last legs”, and the “cushion” on the chair wasn’t all that cushiony and it felt like I was sitting on the frame of the chair), I’ll be bringing my own personal one for next year.

My most recent experience was a good one. What they did on Southwest this time was that each wheelchair attendant had an iPad with your name as they stood waiting for you to deplane . That eliminated the all -too-common problem of people getting off the plane, seeing the wheelchairs and going "That looks great, think I'll use a wheelchair" so that then, the people who'd requested them and deplaned late didn't have one. However, my experience before that (5 months ago) was awful. And I had to Email Southwest to complain. NO wheelchairs waiting when we arrived, and on my connection (I had to change planes), they called for a wheelchair 4 times, no one came, and they ended up holding the connecting flight for me (Yes, I was that person whom the whole plane waited for) while Southwest finally called down to baggage claim and got an employee to come to my gate with a wheelchair and bring me to the next flight. I travel to WDW again next week, and I really hope that I have the great experience with wheelchair assistance like I did last time, and not like last summer's!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter