Recent Experience Hertz Rental ?

Sherrkel

Disney World Dreamer . . . My Home Away From Home
Hi, currently have a Hertz rental for next week booked thru Priceline via Autoslash.
When I completed the rental, I input my Hertz gold rewards number on Priceline.
Hertz gold doesn't recognize the Priceline confirmation number, nor can I link it when I'm logged in to Hertz.
Does anyone have recent experience having booked this way, and were you still able to skip the line @ MCO and go straight to the rental pickup?
Oh, one other thing, this is our first time renting thru Hertz, so we'll also have to show ID - but I have read that can be done at the garage.
Any insight would be appreciated.
Thank you!

No rental company I’m aware of recognizes 3rd party reservation numbers. Costco gives you theirs and the company rental numbers so you can see it in the rental company’s site.

Not sure about first time rentals. Every other company we’ve done a first time rental we had to stop at the counter.

As for Hertz, make sure the price you got from Priceline matches the one they show you at car pickup. Finally, Hertz lately has reported cars as stolen even if the car was returned. People have been mistakenly arrested and jailed. Make sure you get a paper receipt on return and take some video of the car return area.

I rented a Hertz car through Autoslash/Priceline last week and had no problems going right out to the garage to find my car. My name was on the board and I could pick any car I wanted from the row. I did not have any problems with the app showing my reservation though and I did just have to show my license and credit card on the way out.

Great to hear. We also booked with Hertz and will make sure we back things up with all paperwork. I think the previous problem with reporting cars as stolen happened awhile ago and seemed to involve rentals that were extended or cars that were exchanged. Hopefully all will go well as we have used them in the past without problems.

In the body of your priceline confirmation email there should be a line that says Hertz Corporate Confirmation number with the Hertz confirmation number you're looking for. If you input the number correctly it should already be there when you log in at hertz.com

We rented from hertz in January using Orbitz with no major issue. I don’t have status with hertz so we had to stand in the always long line. I’ve often wondered why some wiz kid doesn’t come up with way to make the check out process less painful.

No rental company I’m aware of recognizes 3rd party reservation numbers. Costco gives you theirs and the company rental numbers so you can see it in the rental company’s site.

Not sure about first time rentals. Every other company we’ve done a first time rental we had to stop at the counter.

As for Hertz, make sure the price you got from Priceline matches the one they show you at car pickup. Finally, Hertz lately has reported cars as stolen even if the car was returned. People have been mistakenly arrested and jailed. Make sure you get a paper receipt on return and take some video of the car return area.
Thank you! Yes I've read about those reports, most of what I could see was really not tied in to regular vacation rentals but more longer term such as for business, by insurance companies etc and when cars had been extended.

Last edited:

I rented a Hertz car through Autoslash/Priceline last week and had no problems going right out to the garage to find my car. My name was on the board and I could pick any car I wanted from the row. I did not have any problems with the app showing my reservation though and I did just have to show my license and credit card on the way out.
Thank you!

In the body of your priceline confirmation email there should be a line that says Hertz Corporate Confirmation number with the Hertz confirmation number you're looking for. If you input the number correctly it should already be there when you log in at hertz.com
There is nothing on my confirmation email from Priceline that identifies as specific Hertz confirmation number. Neither of the two confirmation numbers from Priceline are valid when I input them on my Hertz app [or online].

There is nothing on my confirmation email from Priceline that identifies as specific Hertz confirmation number. Neither of the two confirmation numbers from Priceline are valid when I input them on my Hertz app [or online].
This is what is contained in the body of my Priceline confirmation email.Screenshot 2022-02-25 5.41.38 AM.png
This should also be available by logging into your priceline account or looking it up via your priceline confirmation number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter