Recent Cruisers: Any Onboard Booking Specials?

IrishCowboy

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s
We're cruising next month and would like to book our next cruise while onboard. Any recent cruisers remember any rates/promotions (besides the $200 credit) that are being offered if you book your next cruise while onboard?

They had a couple of cruises that were more deeply discounted than what they quote online. Also for DVC members they give you a voucher for you to use when you get home to call. Other than that. Nope.

watch the flyers at the rebooking desk. When I picked up a couple flyers last week I noticed that there were some specials listed for February 2004 (not Pres week, of course). We didn't rebook while on board so I didn't pay attention to the specific dates, sorry. If you are thinking of rebooking, definitely stop by the desk and ask about the specials, as they do seem to have some specific cruises available with deeper discounts.

Trip report on 4/5 cruise coming soon!

I suggest getting a quote for the weeks you are interested in before you sail and then compare once onboard to see if they are really that deeply discounted. You do have to take into account the $200 shipboard credit...that is nothing to sneeze at!!!

MJ

Just be sure and book on board. We booked three rooms so we could get the credit for our March 2004 cruise. My in laws that were with us on our Western 3/15 cruise were not sure if they would want to go again next year. After getting off the ship and after some confusion and understanding that one cruise is Eastern and one Western, They loved the cruise and wanted to do the Eastern with us in 2004. So we called back 5 days after we were off the cruise and added another room for them . They would not give us the $200 credit. It was a little upsetting because we had only been home a short time and we had already booked three other rooms while on board.
You would think that DCL would be a little more understanding. It wasn't like we waited a year to rebook. I did email DCL and told them how much we liked the 120 day rebooking window. On our first cruise they still had the 120 days and we needed that extra time to build up some credit. We ended up rebooking about 90 days after we got home the first time. I also think it takes a few people a little longer to let the whole cruise experience sink in.
DCL responded saying that they dropped the 120 window because they treated the return cruisers to a private party.
Might be us but we would rather have the rebooking time window over a free drink and a few snacks, towel and pin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter