Recent Cape May experiences?

epcotobsessed

DIS Veteran
Cape May had been one of our favorites for years, then our last visit (August 2017) was not good on any level. I don't want to go back but DH loves it and wants to try again on our next trip (next month). Can anyone share a recent experience?

We went in April for breakfast and the food was really good. Lots of variety and interesting choices on top of regular breakfast items.
However I haven’t been to other Disney breakfast buffets so it is hard to compare!

We went in April for breakfast and the food was really good. Lots of variety and interesting choices on top of regular breakfast items.
However I haven’t been to other Disney breakfast buffets so it is hard to compare!
Thanks so much - I have only had good breakfast experiences there, I should have specified that our bad experience was at dinner.

Our last trip was August 2018 and we had a wonderful experience at Cape May ( dinner) . It is one of our favorites and I feel it is also a great value. I am sorry it wasn't great for you guys! Could you give examples of what happened? Planning our next trip and may switch this restaurant with something new if it is going down hill. TIA

Our last trip was August 2018 and we had a wonderful experience at Cape May ( dinner) . It is one of our favorites and I feel it is also a great value. I am sorry it wasn't great for you guys! Could you give examples of what happened? Planning our next trip and may switch this restaurant with something new if it is going down hill. TIA
It was one time, and it was also August 2018 (I wrote 2017 by accident), so clearly we might have just gone on an off night. We saw our server exactly once, about 20 minutes into our meal (after about 10 minutes of waiting for someone we went up and got food since we had been before and knew where everything was), she took our drink order but someone else brought them and we didn't get any refills, and someone else cleared plates when they had piled up. The food was not as good as it had been in the past in terms of quality or in terms of how well it was cooked. I wouldn't advise people not to go based on this one experience but for us, since we always stay at YC/BC, there are 20 other really good restaurants in Epcot/on the Boardwalk that we've only had good experiences with, so for me I am reluctant to return.

We were there May 1. We eat there every trip. I am many miles from any ocean, so I do not have the discriminating pallet that east coast folks do. I go for all the crab legs I can eat. I also pig out on the peel and eat shrimp. I’ve always found these of acceptable quality. Everything else is standard buffet fare. Most things are good, but definitely not gourmet food.
Every time I went for more crab legs, they were putting out hot fresh ones. My husband loves the Oreo truffles.

We ate at Cape May for dinner last Friday night (5/24/19) and it was wonderful!! I had mentioned to hostess as we were being seating, "we only started coming back because you have the Oreo Bon Bons again" and a few minutes later the manager showed up with a dozen on a platter!!! Not only did I enjoy a Oreo Bon Bon for an appetizer but also enjoyed the Mussels , Clams, Salmon and the Calamari. We ended up using the Mussels broth as a dipping sauce for the clams and crab legs instead of the clarified butter. Cape May's Seafood Buffet is back on our list again of must does every visit.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter