Recent ASMu experiences?

monalsw

<font color=blue>Had an embarassing SpongeBob mome
I've been reading some pretty negative stuff on ASMu lately, not necessarily this board. We are leaving 2/6, for 12 nights there and I'm hoping that you all can ease my mind before I make a frantic call to CRO to see if I can switch to another AS! I've stayed at ASMo before and was pleased; I don't ask for alot, just clean, safe and fun!

Opinions and experiences welcomed and needed! TIA!

Well, we will be there Janu 10 - 18. And we also stayed there three nights in October. If our experience there was bad, I wouldn't be returning. ;)
I have stayed at ASMo and ASMu, so I think I know what to expect. If something unusual happened (dirty room, smelling like smoke, etc) I wouldn't be shy about contacting the front desk.
I think I have learned a few things between experience and the boards. One is, if you are unhappy with something in your assigned room, speak up right away while you are there.
This trip won't start off in a big rush, as most of our trips do. So if something isn't right up front, I can be persistant about it. ;) And being during the slow season, I feel a little more comfortable about getting a pretty decent room.
I am not forseeing any problems. But I will be interested in reading responses. ;)

We stayed at ASmu in Calypso section and liked it. The rooms were clean and nice. The only problem I had is with the slow mousekeeping. We would come back around 3 and the rooms still wouldn't be clean. The room was quiet other than hearing the occasional flushing. We did have a room near the parking lot though.
Other than that it was great. My dds loved the pools. The ffod court had some pretty good food. I really loved their philly steaks and dh liked the chicken ceasar salad. The pizza was normal greasy pizza but not too bad.

We stayed at ASMu from Nov12-16,Rock Inn,3rd floor facing the "street with the caddys".It was very quiet ,we did not hear any toilet flushing,the room was clean and mousekeeping did a good job.The kids loved the arcade and we had pretty decent 'fast food' type meals at the food court. Honestly, I thought we wouldn't like it.We only stayed there,because, we had friends staying there,but, we really enjoyed our stay.The CM's were very nice.As a matter of fact,the only problem we had was that the tv remote needed new batteries we stopped by guest services on our way to the food court and when we got back about 30 minutes later we had new batteries in our remote.Also,we looked foward to go home at night and be greeted by a great guard at the All Stars entrance who did a funny thing with his hand to let us in,by our 4th night we did it before he did and he gave us a thumbs up.I did not have high expectations for Asmu,since, I had read so many negative reviews ,but, I'm glad we gave it a try.;)

We just got back from ASMu 1 1/2 weeks ago and loved it as usual. Stayed in Broadway and it was clean and fairly quiet (well, as quiet as POP Warner week can be!!). Wouldn't hesitate to return in the future!!

Hope this helps!!! :bounce:

Not really recent but we have stayed at ASmu 2X. The last time was in May after 7 nights at the Contemporary. Having stayed only at a Deluxe and ASMu I can't compare it to a moderate. However if we were paying anything close to rack rate for the CR I would pick ASMu no questions asked. If you've already stayed at ASmo and liked it I don't think you'll have any problems at ASMu. The resorts are almost indentical except for the theming.

I have stayed at ASMu twice, once last March and once in October. We've been on the second floor of Broadway 7 and the third floor of Rock 3, both rooms had courtyard views.

It's a nice resort. For the price, it really can't be beat.

I've stayed at all three All Stars and Music is my favorite. It seems a little calmer than the other two for some reason. I don't know if it is the little courtyard with the fountain outside Jazz, or the fact that the icons are a little tamer, perhaps a bit more adult. I really enjoyed our trip here last August. I have never had a problem with mousekeeping and they have been very efficient and friendly each stay. Even though I like to try other resorts for the value I keep coming back to the All Stars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter