• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Received email about closings at CBR - help!!

Just got an email from my travel agent saying she's going to be sending out info on how the construction will be affecting our trip in October and what they will be doing for us so I'm looking forward to that info.

I just booked there for our trip just after Thanksgiving. Factoring in the gift card makes it close to the same price the values! As long as the pool stays open we are okay with the construction.

Now if we can get free dining on top of that we would be in heaven :cool1:

I just did the same and am hoping for the same! With what we had booked at POP and the few TS we wanted to do, getting the $75 a night would actually save us a little money, even more if we can get FD. We are usually in parks from rope drop to close, so not having dining options and a gift shop won't affect us. If we can't end up getting FD at CBR, we will just switch back to POP, but I'm hoping it works out!

I can't believe what just happene! I called today since we are booked at cb for December and the woman told me that upon check in we would receive a 75$ gift card per night which for us was 9 nights but she did also say that the construction is supposed to be done by then I mentioned that I heard you could switch resorts to port orlenes saratoga springs or the cabins she she asked and said yes we could do that pending resort availability so I shot for the stars and said Saratoga springs while on hold I looked and saw that the standard room could only hold 4 and we are a party of 5 well she came back on and said I would never believe this they gave us a 2 bedroom villa at the same price! I can't believe it we could never afford this room in our lives we have just been blessed!

How exciting!! I have not stayed there but my cousin owns DVC there and says it is a very nice resort. That is nice pixie dust for you!pixiedust:

We had originally had three rooms booked at a bounce back rate CBR for August and I was a bit bummed when the news broke. We had planned on spending a bit of time at the resort this trip so in the end we opted to rebook with bb for 2 rooms at the Polynesian instead with 5 people in each room. Hoping to shave a bit more off by getting an AP rate so in the end the out of pocket will not be any different really since we are now splitting each room 3 ways and we no longer have to worry about stressing over construction so it is a win all around. Plus everyone is super excited to be able to stay at the Poly again.

So does anyone know what to expect in terms of the construction? How noisy will it be during the day if we stay at the resort for pool time? And how difficult will it be to walk around, e.g. from room to main pool? I've not experienced resort refurbishment before so I have no idea what we are getting into. But when I saw the low rate (avg $209/night) plus the $75/night gift card, I jumped on it and booked for the last week in July.

For anyone that has booked ... are you just going by the construction notice assuming that the 75$ gc per night will be given at check in or did you get any written confirmation via email or on your reservation at all?
I just booked for October and aside from the construction notice under information I didn't receive a confirmation about getting the gift card in October.
I'm going by the offer on the website when I booked. The confirmation doesn't say anything, but I will hold them to what the offer on the website was. I don't think it's going to be an issue.

Just got an email from my travel agent saying she's going to be sending out info on how the construction will be affecting our trip in October and what they will be doing for us so I'm looking forward to that info.

I just got an email from my TA. It says that beginning May 1st the CBR is undergoing refurbishment and upon check-in we will get $75 per night at the CBR in a disney gift card. If I do not want to stay at the CBR though, then Disney will move us to another resort at no additional cost. If we do so, we will no longer get the $75 gift card.

It also says that we will not be able to choose the resort or change our minds after we agree to be moved. We will not know what resort we will be moved to for approximately 2 weeks since they do not know the number of reservations that will be involved but we will not be moved to Pop or any All Stars Resorts.

The day after the email came out about the refurbishment at CBR my TA got us switched to Coronado. Not the greatest solution since they're undergoing refurbishment as well but at the time it was better than what was going on at CBR. Now I'm seeing everyone is getting switched to other resorts for the same price and I'm kinda bummed we got Coronado. Should I bother asking my TA to try for something else, or just let it go? Not trying to sound greedy, but had I known these options would become available I wouldn't have jumped at Coronado. Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

I can't believe what just happene! I called today since we are booked at cb for December and the woman told me that upon check in we would receive a 75$ gift card per night which for us was 9 nights but she did also say that the construction is supposed to be done by then I mentioned that I heard you could switch resorts to port orlenes saratoga springs or the cabins she she asked and said yes we could do that pending resort availability so I shot for the stars and said Saratoga springs while on hold I looked and saw that the standard room could only hold 4 and we are a party of 5 well she came back on and said I would never believe this they gave us a 2 bedroom villa at the same price! I can't believe it we could never afford this room in our lives we have just been blessed!

I am so very happy for you congratulations!!

I booked CBR for 11/19-11/25 yesterday. I was asked if I knew about construction I said yes.
No mention of a gift card. Should I call to verify?

Got the email from my TA. Below are the three options...

OPTION 1: You will receive a $75.00 Disney gift card, per night, if you
choose to stay at Caribbean Beach from May 1st on. This is for any for any
inconveniences that you may incur during your stay.

OPTION 2: If you don't want to take the $75 credit and you want to be
moved, without paying extra (same rate as CBR), you cannot choose where
you are moved to. You must be sure that you want to be moved, at the same
rate, and Disney will let us know within 3 weeks or so where you will be
moved to. You can't change your mind and decide that you want the $75
credit and stay at Caribbean Beach Resort once the decision has been made.
It will definitely not be a standard room at a value as in All Stars or
Pop, however there is the chance of being moved to a suite at AOA, another
moderate resort, or a deluxe resort. Again, you can't pick where you will
be moved to. Disney has a lot of moving parts in this process, and they
are simply moving people where they can.

OPTION 3: If you would like to explore other options with our Agency
Exclusive discount offer, or with any other offers that Disney may have
out there, we can cancel your Caribbean Beach Resort reservation and book
a new reservation at a resort of your choosing.

I chose to stay at CBR and take the $75/night gift card. The extra $525 spending money will come in very handy for us!

For anyone that has booked ... are you just going by the construction notice assuming that the 75$ gc per night will be given at check in or did you get any written confirmation via email or on your reservation at all?
I just booked for October and aside from the construction notice under information I didn't receive a confirmation about getting the gift card in October.

I booked a bounce back in Sep 2016 for Dec 2017 it included Free Dining. I had to call last week to make a change to the reservation (deleted someone off of it) and the CM told me that our reservation would get the gift card. All I can do is wait and see!

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that, no one really knows who is getting the $75 gift card, and we won't know until checking in. Would someone get it for a stay that ends before May 1 (yet received the email with their specific reservation number)? How about an April/May stay... $75 for the full duration of the trip, only for May 1 and after, or not at all since checking in before May 1? What a mess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter