Reccomendations For A Stroller

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
We have a Peg Perego Venezia, but I really don't want to take it to WDW as it was very $$$. Are there any good strollers out there with a deep basket and cupholders that we could get for our WDW trip? We're going in August and I don't want to be bothered renting a stroller every day. Plus we're staying at Caribbean Beach and I want the stroller so we can walk through the resort without having to carry our one-year-old. Any suggestions are welcome!

We'd like to spend $40 - 60.00.

Thank you!!!!!

we bought a century stroller ffrom babies r us a few years back. both century and greco make great stroller for disney.

ours has cup holders up top as well as on the removable trey infront fo the seat. it has a huge basket underneath, a reclinign seat and canopy. it also wasnt too heavy. it cost us $40.

i just checked the babies r us website and theres a cute eddiebauer stroller by greco for $50 which would be perfect.

I'd bring the stroller you're comfortable with. I've traveled to WDW many times with babies, bringing with me, my Peg Perego Milano, Maclaren, Combi Twin Savvy, and latest one Peg Perego Pliko. I've never had any problems with them, damage from the airlines, or being stolen. As you can see, the are all very $$$ strollers, and I'm also a member of Strollers Anonymous for my addiction to strollers.:p :p :p :p :p Your child is accustomed to your current stroller, and if you intend on having him nap at all in it, I'd bring the one he's used to. I did try the cheap stroller route one year, and it just didn't work out. My DD HATED IT and didn't even want to sit in it. One years olds can be VERY fussy and very territorial, I wouldn't want to risk that!!!

Take your good stroller! We went in February and bought a Mountain Buggy specifically for the trip. This sucker, with all the goodies, was over $600 (but since we go often and it is easier for me to keep kids in the buggy than chase them all over Disney, it was worth every penny). We just locked each and every time we left it (even for a minute) - no bid deal. The stroller-movers could still move it if needed. Have fun on your trip.

Amy

GravyMom, I have a Mountain Buggy Double Urban. I am contemplating NOT bringing it to WDW. Now you have me thinking though! The very thought of pushing another stroller makes me shudder! However, I don't want it damaged on the plane. I'm also concerned about the size of the thing. Part of our stay is at AKL and I'm concerned about carrying it on the bus. How did you manage this? I have been considering buying a double stroller that is more compact. Any thoughts?

...we JUST bought a Kolcraft from Toys R Us for our May trip -- Cat & Dog print, but don't know the model name. It was $39.99. It had 2 cupholders for parents, tray and cupholder for baby, and a decent sized basket. Also had 1-hand fold, and was pretty lightweight. Oh, and reclined, too. Won't be using it until May, so I can't honestly say if it will work out, hold up, etc., but I feel good about our decision so far. If I knew how to paste a link to it I would, but it's on babiesrus.com...

I honestly went back and forth (driving DH nuts discussing it, LOL!) on whether we'd take our Graco Sterling LiteRider (not THAT heavy and bulky, but about 20 lbs. and big enough) or buy a cheaper/lighter one. I read all the posts on strollers here, and seems like folks are just as undecided. I think I made major life decisions faster/easier than this!

The vote for the bigger size was convincing, since ours had nice cupholders, a big basket, reclined, etc. But, the weight/bulk was a drawback. But then all the lightweight ones I saw were either cheesy, lacked the features, or were pricy in themselves (like the Combi Travel ones and MacLarens I know people rave about -- I thought they were expensive and when I "test drove" them at Baby Depot, I wasn't all that impressed). I went online, read reviews, the works.

Then, I went into Toys R Us, looking for other things, and stumble upon this one. Test drove it against our Graco (which was also in the store) and found it had the right amount of features, was just as easy to maneuver with DD in it, etc., and was only $40. So, I abandoned my idea of "just taking the Graco" and bought this one.

Whatever you decide, I'm sure you won't "regret" it as it sounds like people have done both, and been successful. Hope this helps, and have fun!

P.S. If anyone has experience with the Kolcraft, and knows it will fall apart Day 1 (LOL), let me know -- or maybe don't, as then I'll have to decide what to do all over again!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter