recap of a truly great trip

msmouse

<font color=darkorchid>ok, don't know that I can b
Hi everyone. Just back from a 1/10-1/16 trip. Weather was wonderful with exception of the day of arrival. Flew in to very cold, very windy conditions. After that, it could not have been better. Enjoyed LaNuba for the first time. Unbelievable. Did all four parks and the two parks at Universal. Crowds were very low. We used Fastpass on just a very few rides. If the line showed more than a 15 min wait, we used fastpass. Did Mission Space for first time(absolutely no wait) and it was awesome. No sickness, just heart palpatations in queue due to all of the warnings. Got stuck on Tower of Terror. . .really stuck! They had to come get us and walk us out. Had a great crew on the ride with us. No panicking. Everyone was taking picutures and calling people on their cell phones to tell them about the adventure. I made my acting debut at Universal. I was chosen to be a volunteer at the Earthquake adventure! Wishes Fireworks are beyond belief. Truly inspiring! My sister was a little upset that Tink was not given the spotlight as in the past, but it is not to be missed. We stayed in a 2 bedroom at OKW. Building 20, room 2031. Wonderful veiw of water and golf. We used Florida Tours to pick us up at airport. Also used them to get to and from Universal. Driver (Helio) was great and always arrived early. Made a grocery stop at Publix. Left many groceries in the refrigerator upon leaving. Unpacking and washing now. Hope to write a full report if time allows. For those leaving soon, you will have the time of your life!

Sounds like a great adventure. Can you tell me more about LaNuba? I know it is supposed to be fantastic. I would love to see it but have DS's 5 and 8. Would it be appropriate for them? Stuck on TOT--what an experience. Glad to hear your trip was memorable.:smooth:

Sounds like you had a fun time. You said there were no lines--did you go to the parks early and there weren't lines or are you talking pretty much all day?

How about Universal? I'm bring my 4yo to Orlando next month and will be driving to Unviersal from Pop Century. In the past I've stayed onsite at Universal and been able to do the FOTL, but we won't have that this visit unless I'm able to secure some good room rates. I'm hoping the lines will be short.

Thanks, T&B

GonetoDisney: LaNuba was simply fantastic. We had a boy about the age of 9 sitting behind us. He never moved a muscle! There is so much going on, there is no time for anyone to get restless or bored. The hour and a half went by so quickly. It is a must do if you can manage it. We had wonderful seats. First row of the second tier right in the middle of the stage.

Tigger & Belle: The lines were non existant all day every day. It was even more so at Universal. In fact, I was very surprised to see some of the fastpass machines in operation. We only used them when the standby line was 15 minutes or more. Very few showed a standby time over 15 minutes.

We have been in January for the past 3 years. We have been fortunate to have wonderful weather all three years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter