• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

rebooking onboard question--did you keep the room?

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
We are sailing on the Dream in June. I already booked a 7 night on the Fantasy for the end of May 2020--I wanted to wait for OBC but the aft verandah rooms were getting really scarce so I booked about a month ago.
I plan to rebook it on my Dream cruise to get the 10% off and the OBC. I figured out how much the price would have to go up to make this NOT worth my while. However (and I hope I'm not jinxing it) the price of this category has been the same since a couple of days after the new itineraries came out. If this holds I'll really get a nice reduction.
Just looking for confirmation from others that have done this that they did get the room they had booked. We are in an aft verandah on deck 8 for our dream cruise for the first time, and I'm sure we'll love it as DH loves relaxing on the verandah. I'm right in the middle of deck 10 for the Fantasy and I'd like to keep it that way (unless 9 or 8 open up, but no luck so far).

I was able to thanks to the CM who rebooked it for me...she managed to "grab" the room by swapping my original reservation room with an "open" room and then booked my now "available" room for my new OBB reservation. The only thing I had to do was call Costco (my TA) when I got home to cancel my original reservation.

Not sure how easy/difficult it was for the CM to pull it off but she knew exactly what I wanted to do. Good luck!

We did this between our first and second cruise. We already had booked opening day, and then onboard we rebooked the same cruise. On the ship the CM told us that if we cancelled our first reservation with him, he could not guarantee that we could get the same room. However, he told us that if we waited to cancel the original reservation on land by phone that the CM on land would be able to move the second reservation into the first reservation's room. That's what we did, and it worked like a charm.

I was able to thanks to the CM who rebooked it for me...she managed to "grab" the room by swapping my original reservation room with an "open" room and then booked my now "available" room for my new OBB reservation. The only thing I had to do was call Costco (my TA) when I got home to cancel my original reservation.

Not sure how easy/difficult it was for the CM to pull it off but she knew exactly what I wanted to do. Good luck!

I'm very surprised they were able to do this for you since your original reservation should have only been able to have the room changed through the TA (Costco), so others reading this shouldn't count on being able to do the same thing if they used a TA. This would be possible for those who did not use a TA however.

I guess it was because I was getting a “new” reservation and she did put the new reservation under Costco. Or maybe it was just pixie dust.

I guess it was because I was getting a “new” reservation and she did put the new reservation under Costco. Or maybe it was just pixie dust.

Definitely pixie dust as only Costco should have been able to make those changes to your reservation both in moving the rooms around and booking the new reservation for you.

We did this between our first and second cruise. We already had booked opening day, and then onboard we rebooked the same cruise. On the ship the CM told us that if we cancelled our first reservation with him, he could not guarantee that we could get the same room. However, he told us that if we waited to cancel the original reservation on land by phone that the CM on land would be able to move the second reservation into the first reservation's room. That's what we did, and it worked like a charm.

This was what we were told to do as well when we rebooked onboard in March.

Both times I have reshopped on board, I had to get a new reservation and then cancel the old reservation when I got home. Both times DCL was able to transfer my original stateroom to the new reservations.

My situation was a little different but on the same idea. Last year wanted to use our place holder when new itineraries came out. Unfortunately the date we wanted was a week over the time limit and we couldn't. After debate we decided to do RCCL this summer instead. But it kept nagging at me and I kept watching the category 7As and the room we wanted on the Fantasy cruise we really wanted. 4 or 5 months later when we sailed, that cat and room were available on the cruise we were looking at for the same price. We gave in and booked it with the OBB perks and cancelled RCCL. So it did work out for us, but in a bit of a different way. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter