• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rebook now or later ?

grantclaire

DIS Veteran
Hi need some advice! Have a 7 night cruise on the Fantasy in March 22 booked, was thinking of changing to a 4 night on the Drea.m the same week to give us more time post cruise for preflight testing. Is it better to wait for possible cancellation and maybe FCC or just change now?

I honestly would not anticipate DCL to cancel or offer FCC for a March 2022 sailing. Who knows what the next 6 months will bring, but if the current situation is any indication, I think they will do whatever they can to modify sailings instead of cancelling. And the fairly recent changes for the Dream and the Fantasy on restart have not resulted in FCC.

You have plenty of time before you need to cancel. I personally would hang on and see what the next few months bring. But if you really don't want to sail the Fantasy, you can certainly change it now and may get a better price than waiting.

If you were on the Magic or Wonder I would consider waiting for FCC since neither vessel is currently approved for US sailings. But since you want to go from Fantasy to Dream I would consider making the switch now if you don't think the Fantasy will work with your flight schedule.

The other option is to book the Dream now as a place holder and wait until just before cancellation kicks in and make a decision then. You would have to cancel the Dream and then use the FCC or whatever you get from the Fantasy to rebook.

Hi need some advice! Have a 7 night cruise on the Fantasy in March 22 booked, was thinking of changing to a 4 night on the Drea.m the same week to give us more time post cruise for preflight testing. Is it better to wait for possible cancellation and maybe FCC or just change now?
Change now. It's very unlikely that FCCs will be issued for Fantasy cruises next year as they've developed a system of changing those cruises from 7 nights to 4 nights instead of cancelling. Even when DCL does cancel & issue FCC, it typically does so only a few months before the cruise, which presents a lot of issues for planning alternative travel.

Last edited:
I would also suggest taking a look at your available cruise dates in the next year and seeing what's left open. We decided not to wait on the FCC because there was only one room left for the entire month of September in the category we wanted to sail in, for the number of days we wanted to sail.

With so many people having to push their cruises off, next year is already getting back logged with those who have already shifted.

If you were on the Magic or Wonder I would consider waiting for FCC since neither vessel is currently approved for US sailings. But since you want to go from Fantasy to Dream I would consider making the switch now if you don't think the Fantasy will work with your flight schedule.

The other option is to book the Dream now as a place holder and wait until just before cancellation kicks in and make a decision then. You would have to cancel the Dream and then use the FCC or whatever you get from the Fantasy to rebook.

Change now. It's very unlikely that FCC's will be issued for Fantasy cruises next year as they've developed a system of changing those cruises from 7 nights to 4 nights instead of cancelling. Even when DCL does cancel & issue FCC, it typically does so only a few months before the cruise, which presents a lot of issues for planning alternative travel.
Thank you!

I would also suggest taking a look at your available cruise dates in the next year and seeing what's left open. We decided not to wait on the FCC because there was only one room left for the entire month of September in the category we wanted to sail in, for the number of days we wanted to sail.

With so many people having to push their cruises off, next year is already getting back logged with those who have already shifted.
Thanks that is good advice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter