Reasons why Disney doesn’t expand its parks

old lady

DIS Veteran
Is it too much time or money? Lack of ideas? Or, they really do what to preserved the Florida nature?

If you’re at park capacity every single day, there is no off peak season. You get max profits, and don’t even have to hire extra staff, minus the ones you need to operate the new rides that you decided was worth paying actual money for. 5th park means paying for additional transportation staff, etc. A bus for every resort. Don’t have to add any for an at capacity park. Guests are more than happy to wait 1-2 hours for a bus. And those that aren’t will über. Money saved there.

Its not about guest experience, or job creation. It’s about penny pinching. Get as much out of your investment as possible. To quote the song, “You are the magic.” Not Disney. They aren’t in the business of selling pixie dust. You want magic, go visit Wizarding World. Universal has made it super easy for Disney fans to jump ship and visit them at the very last minute. And when Epic Universe opens, Disney will finally see the error of their ways.

People, for some reason, hated Eisner. But Eisner brought us MGM Studios and Animal Kingdom. I guess that was a bad investment. I used to visit spring break, summer, Xmas New Years, the busiest times in the 90s. When AK opened, crowd numbers weren’t nearly as bad as off peak is today. Apparently the opening of AK, did lower crowd levels in the other three parks significantly to worry shareholders. Peak season was still busier each year I went though. Eisner brought in a bunch of other entertainment activities too, Pleasure Island, Disney Quest, Disney Institute, Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, etc. but who would want to go to that when you can visit the other true parks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter