Reasons NOT to do online check-in?

hope23

Mouseketeer
It's now time that I can check-in online, but I'm wondering if there are any reasons or perks for waiting to check in at the resort desk? Twice in the past we've either been upgraded or gotten little gifts for our kids while checking in at the resort desk and I didn't know if others had this experience? Also wasn't sure if this was something more likely in the past and not so much now? Thanks!

If you have specific requests, I would get them in, whether through online check-in or otherwise.

Online check-in doesn't mean you can't stop at the desk, and the upgrade is determined well in advance of your arrival, regardless of what they may claim.

I think punching in your credit card information etc just saves time , then you can like PP said swing by additionally if you want. We always have to because they don't send out bands internationally.

It's now time that I can check-in online, but I'm wondering if there are any reasons or perks for waiting to check in at the resort desk?

Not that I can think of.

Twice in the past we've either been upgraded or gotten little gifts for our kids while checking in at the resort desk and I didn't know if others had this experience?

Yup. But whether this happens has nothing to do with whether you check in online or not.

Also wasn't sure if this was something more likely in the past and not so much now? Thanks!

No more or less likely now than in the past.

Even if you do online check in you may still have to go to the front desk if you arrive at the hotel prior to getting your text message (is everyone getting those now, or is it still hit or miss). Everytime I've done online check-in I've never got a room text, but even if you did you can still go to the front desk before going to your room if you wanted. I think checking in online just saves some time, since you can put your CC info in and setup your magicband pin and everything, so that's nice. I've never been upgraded or received anything special whether I did regular check-in or online check-in so I doubt that plays any part in those types of things.

I would recommend doing both too. We did online checkin on and went straight to our room after getting a text when we hadn't even left the airport yet. There was no soap, shampoo, or conditioner in our room so had to call about that. Then had to go to the check in area anyways because there was absolutely no info packet in our room and my daughters saw the other kids getting wands and swords so we went to the desk as well. My room request was not honored but because we already had our room and put stuff in it I didn't say anything but if I had went straight to the front desk upon arrival I would've said something.

I do the online check every trip. It makes the process easier. In the past 3 years i have got the text with my room number just once before I got to the resort. The other times I still had to go to the front desk to check in. They had all my info so it made it easier. I think it is worth it no matter what since it does not mean that you will be skipping the front desk anyways

Does staying club level affect the decision? Is that process really quicker with the construction now? And one more check, if I check in online two weeks out but have to cancel one week out, still get refunded the same?

I think punching in your credit card information etc just saves time , then you can like PP said swing by additionally if you want. We always have to because they don't send out bands internationally.

Oh really? I was so excited to get my magic band in the mail. We are in Canada I guess that's one less thing we will have to remember then.

I was reading up on this last night. You do have to go to the lobby if you do online check-in to pickup your info packet (and MBs if you haven't received them in the mail) and other stuff I believe. It's a separate counter from the regular check-in so the process shouldn't take that long.

My DH and I did online check-in. We got our room number text shortly after arriving at the resort. We dropped our bags off and ate lunch at the resort. After we sat down with our food, we got the text our room was ready. Our requests were granted, we were upgraded to a king size bed, and we had the info packet. The only reason we returned to the desk was to get a parking permit for the parks. They just printed it off for us to keep on our dashboard for the whole week

We always do online check in and we always go to the desk when we get there. They hand us our packet and tell us how to get to our room and we are done. We did get an upgrade in 2015 from a garden view to a lagoon view. I have never gotten a text that our room was ready but we always arrive around 1:00 before check in time so that might be why.

I was reading up on this last night. You do have to go to the lobby if you do online check-in to pickup your info packet (and MBs if you haven't received them in the mail) and other stuff I believe. It's a separate counter from the regular check-in so the process shouldn't take that long.

If you already have your Magic Bands, there's nothing else that you need to pick up.

Both times I went, we did online check-in, but ended up talking with someone in the lobby holding a tablet, just to make sure our bands worked with our pin numbers. 2 or 3 minutes tops.

If it is a short stay, I do online check-in as I am not to concerned with the location of the room. If it is a four or more nights, I go straight to the check-in desk. It allows me to see what they have available and if it works with where I want our room to be. I have only received complimentary upgrades when I actually talked to a CM at the check-in desk. I have been upgraded at the Beach Club and All-Star Music!

We are here now and did online check in. I checked in yesterday for arrival today and had a text that our room was ready at 7:30 am this morning We had a welcome packet in the room, but I wish they would put a parking pass in the room. Do we need to go down and get one? I just realized, we didn't get a pub for my daughters birthday..we def would have gotten one at the desk.

We are here now and did online check in. I checked in yesterday for arrival today and had a text that our room was ready at 7:30 am this morning We had a welcome packet in the room, but I wish they would put a parking pass in the room. Do we need to go down and get one? I just realized, we didn't get a pub for my daughters birthday..we def would have gotten one at the desk.

You don't need a parking pass, your Magic Bands are your parking pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter