Really old MK ticket. Anyone recognize?

wdw4rfam

DVC Member/AP holder
image.jpg My husbands uncle just passed away and while cleaning out his house we stumbled across this old MK ticket book. I never knew they used these. I thought it was always just one admission ticket. It has multiple tickets where you can only chose one attraction per coupon. Anyone know approximately when these are from?[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

That's where the phrase "E-Ticket Ride" comes from. The E-Tickets appear to be used from this set. Those were for the popular rides. Very cool find!

Original ticket system. It's missing the E ticket. This ticket system is why we still call rides by what we think they would have been during this time. You will hear people say they think such and such ride is an E Ticket ride or D Ticket ride.

That's awesome! There are many discussions on here throughout the years about old tickets. Yes, there used to be a ticket system. My first visit in 1978 or so used these (I was seven at the time so I might be off a year or so). In fact, that's where the idea of "E ticket" rides being the best originated. Once you were out of tickets, you could buy more. Or you could do the free rides like "If you had wings" which used the current Buzz Lightyear track system.

There is an awesome thread on the Theme Parks Community Board titled "Pictures of things no longer at Disney World". It is an awesome thread of hundreds and hundreds of pictures.

I think your ticket book is an awesome keepsake!

This looks like a 1979 or 1980 ticket book as mentioned above. WDW began the phase out of coupon tickets ended sale in June 1982 with the opening of Epcot later in the year. I still have mine from 1976 with a kids "E" ticket and a few in my parents books as well. The AllEars link has info and pictures. http://allears.net/tix/tixpix70.htm
The price increased to $9 on the 8 adventure book in 1979 and was the same for some of 1980. I hope this helps.
Mike

Last edited:
Also, some one can correct me if I'm wrong but since it was a non expiration ticket, you can turn it in and get credit towards a new ticket based on how many tickets are left.

Edit: Googled it. You can but they will give you face value for each ticket which means you are looking at about $5 there. Better to keep as a souvenir.

Last edited:
+1 Save it as a souvenir.

Incidentally, after any partial use including taking the cover (transportation ticket) off to give to the monorail or ferry attendant, the remaining parts are worh small cents each, I think an E coupon is worth about a dollar applied to a current Disney admission ticket

A complete ticket book may be traded in for a one day (or two day or three day depending on kind of book) current Disney ticket.

Anyone else notice the sales tax works out to 4%? I wonder when Florida raised it. It has been 6% (Orange County added an extra 0.5% some time between 2001 and 2013 when I had moved away from Central Florida) as long as I can remember, so it must've been in the early '80s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter