Really Disappointed in ADR Selection

zebrastreyepz

DIS Veteran
I have been making ADRs for December and the choices are ABYSMAL.

Only things available at EP for us were Nine Dragons and San Angel - both of which I've heard nothing but horror stories about.

Only things available at HS for us were Mama Melrose's (still hard to get) and Brown Derby.

Only things available at AK for us were Tiffins and Rainforest although I did snag a Tusker House PPO breakfast. That was, as McGonagal would say, "Sheer dumb luck."

Only things available at MK for us were Jungle Canteen and sometimes Tony's (horror stories) and the one that used to have the show in Frontierland. I can't even remember the name of it!

LOTS of availability at Disney Springs.

It's the first time I've been this disappointed.

No Biergarten. No 50s. No Be Our Guest or CRT.

Yes, I was. Apparently not fast enough.

Just keep checking. A few days before to all the way to day of people cancel all the time.
I have gotten great restaurants at the last minute.
December in EPCOT for some reason is lacking reservations at all the restaurants.

Good Luck

*Wanted to add The Brown Derby is a great place, The Cobb Salad is delicious.

On hold for 2 hours now-today was ADR day and couldn't make any. What makes it so funny, was able to make reservations yesterday for Dolphin 1 night stay the day before onsite starts.

Just keep checking. I could not get yak and yeti for a long time. Keep changing times around. Use a computer or the app. Also if I got a hard to get restaurant (I’ll use our Le cellier reservations as the example) for a time we weren’t too keen on, I kept trying to modify even day of. It’s better to have the reservation than nothing

Having the same problem. Mostly because we just decided to add days and it's 48 days out lol

They all pop up as you get closer. Just sit on your phone tonight around 9 or 10 and watch all the hot reservations start popping up for tomorrow. I've seen literally everything show up the day or two beforehand.

I'd also say that the restaurants you were shying away from are some that we enjoy (Tony's, in particular, has a new chef and was really delicious a couple months ago). We also like Nine Dragons for what it is and always have amazing service!

If a table service is important, grab something now, set up a reservation finder, and just keep an eye out as you get closer.

(restaurants have much lower capacity right now due to staffing so it IS especially hard to snag them!)

Only things available at EP for us were Nine Dragons and San Angel - both of which I've heard nothing but horror stories about.

Only things available at HS for us were Mama Melrose's (still hard to get) and Brown Derby.

Only things available at AK for us were Tiffins and Rainforest although I did snag a Tusker House PPO breakfast. That was, as McGonagal would say, "Sheer dumb luck."

Only things available at MK for us were Jungle Canteen and sometimes Tony's (horror stories) and the one that used to have the show in Frontierland. I can't even remember the name of it!

guessing some could be keeping tables for package deals not out yet for Christmas shows

Sign up for a reservations availability alert service. You will almost certainly be able to get many of the restaurants you are hoping for between now and your trip. And don’t believe the “horror stories” about Nine Dragons and San Angel, they are both perfectly fine.

We really like of ones you mentioned Brown Derby, Rainforest, and Tony’s.

We love Tony's, Skipper's Canteen. Tiffins. Do those every year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter