Realistically, when do think Disney will no longer require masks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why won't you just get the vaccine? It's a very small thing to do in order to help end this pandemic.
Bc I don't believe in taking something when survival is 99%. I dont get a flu shot thats been around for years why would i get something thats not more effective, aside from symptom severity when i am healthy. Why didn't anyone push remedies instead of just fear? Literally you get a positive test they say stay home 10 days unless hospitalization required. Why not promote vitamin d, zinc, exercise? If i feel sick i stay home.

Well, soft of. According to most sources, everyone should be able to be vaccinated that wants to within a few months.

At that point, non-vaccinated people can give the virus to everybody - but vaccinated people and kids both are likely to have mild symptoms only, at worst.

If a voluntarily-non-vaccinated person makes another voluntarily-non-vaccinated person sick, then I, for one, am not going to feel bad at all.

Maybe I'm just an ******...

Actually Biden said today 90% of all adults in a two weeks.

I have a few trips booked but will probably cancel a couple of them bc I think masks could last a long time; I’m guessing until the anniversary on October 1 at least. I hope I’m wrong and that at least outside masking will end sooner. Sunlight and fresh air are extremely helpful and there’s just no good reason for strictly mandating outside masking in my opinion (so sad that even for outside photos when standing far away from others that removing the masks is not possible). It is something that makes Disney less attractive to me as a vacation spot. Most places I’ve traveled to this past year don’t require masks outside.

Peoples’ medical decisions are a personal matter. I’m not getting the shot bc I’ve researched the issue and I know I’m extremely low risk for severe illness or dying from COVID, and I’ve taken into account that it’s an experimental vaccine using new technology. There is no FDA approved vaccine for COVID19.

I am not anti-vaccine. My kids are vaccinated for everything. But this is a new shot and we prefer to focus on things we can do to promote good health, like taking vitamin D and getting outside and eating healthy etc. We also know what we’d do in the unlikely event of a case of COVID. We are very considerate of others by keeping a distance etc. and would never go out if we weren’t feeling well.

If I were in a high risk group, such as over age 70, I might go ahead. But no thanks.

I have a few trips booked but will probably cancel a couple of them bc I think masks could last a long time; I’m guessing until the anniversary on October 1 at least. I hope I’m wrong and that at least outside masking will end sooner. Sunlight and fresh air are extremely helpful and there’s just no good reason for strictly mandating outside masking in my opinion (so sad that even for outside photos when standing far away from others that removing the masks is not possible). It is something that makes Disney less attractive to me as a vacation spot. Most places I’ve traveled to this past year don’t require masks outside.
I took plenty of maskless photos, if I can eat or drink I can smile and enjoy disney lol

Super agree with everything you said.

I took plenty of maskless photos, if I can eat or drink I can smile and enjoy disney lol

Super agree with everything you said.

Okay, we did sneak a few photos, usually quickly when sitting eating or drinking. But I’m a rule follower, so it was tough... 🙂

While I certainly appreciate the enjoyment of watching the parade of trolls in this thread. 8-)8-)8-)
@WebmasterPete this thread is not becoming of Disboards and need to be shut down ASAP.

The response was basically “because I don’t want to”, so I stand by my initial assessment.
Look I have gotten the vaccine & firmly believe in it. However, nothing is without risk so an individual should be able to decide for his/herself what risks they are willing to accept. I will not vaccinate DS even when a vaccine is available for younger kids as the risk of serious disease due to Covid is still very minimal. Imo, in his case, the benefits do not outweigh the risks.

What about immunocompromised people? They would still be susceptible to the virus even after people are vaccinated. That's why reaching herd immunity is so important. People choosing not to get vaccinated due to some warped selfish version of freedom does not help us hit that goal.

Immunocompromised people have (or should have) always had to be more careful about potential infectious agents. This is no different. And those people are a very minor percentage of the population.

I'm not going to get into the reasons for vaccine hesitancy. I got my vaccine as a first responder over a month ago, but I don't begrudge anyone for having a different opinion. Although "canceling" another person's opinion seems to be the cool thing these days...

I'm watching the Universal properties closely; it wouldn't surprise me if Universal drops their outdoor mask mandate sometime in the next few weeks. Once Universal makes the first move, it will force Disney's hand & they will follow suit quickly. I'm more of a Disney fan, but if I had the choice of going to a park in Florida with an outdoor mask mandate vs. relaxed rules, I'm going with the relaxed rules park.

I'm by no means an anti-masker and I respect Disney's right to impose rules in their house. But truthfully, masks in a hot crowded theme park just plain suck. If I were paranoid about getting sick, I wouldn't be at a theme park anyway.
think back to opening of parks Universal opening did not force Disney to open. go back and check the dates

Although the mask sales in meantime make them money, I hate the trendy masks and styling them as a part of your outfit like its normal
But why its so cute! I love my masks honestly and I have a bunch that accessorize my outfits. Its normal in other countries long before covid so since we're in a pandemic and masks help why not try to look cute with it? :flower1:

Well, soft of. According to most sources, everyone should be able to be vaccinated that wants to within a few months.

At that point, non-vaccinated people can give the virus to everybody - but vaccinated people and kids both are likely to have mild symptoms only, at worst.

If a voluntarily-non-vaccinated person makes another voluntarily-non-vaccinated person sick, then I, for one, am not going to feel bad at all.

Maybe I'm just an ******...

You do know that there are also people who have things like lupus (in its more aggressive forms) or other immuno-compressive diseases that can’t get the vaccine and can’t make that choice for themselves right?

Until we reach herd immunity (including children) those people can’t go to WDW without either social distancing or everyone wearing masks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter