Realistic car rental time

KelseyLowder

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone,
We are doing our first cruise in February. We rented a car in Port Canaveral on the day we return. Is 9 am a realistic time to be able to pick up the car?

Yes it is. The rental shuttles will run continuously the minute the ship is cleared around 7:30AM. Most agencies are 15 minutes away. Even if you follow your assigned breakfast time, either 6:45AM or 8AM, you will be in the shuttle before 9AM, unless there is a problem inside the terminal.

Hey everyone,
We are doing our first cruise in February. We rented a car in Port Canaveral on the day we return. Is 9 am a realistic time to be able to pick up the car?

I’d say between 9:00 - 10:00 AM is realistic. This gives you time to eat breakfast, collect your luggage, clear customs, and ride the shuttle to the rental office.

And what we did was just send the driver to get the car, so you don’t have to lug all your luggage on the shuttle and wait in line. We also did this for embarkation day because getting a family of 4+ with luggage onto a shuttle to the port, when everyone else is getting on can be tricky and lines are long for the shuttle.

With the rental rates down since a first started looking for the end of January, I decided to park at the port and skip the line. It may be worth avoiding the hassle for re-renting a car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter