'Real' Walking Distance

Jakaru

Mouseketeer
After a stop in the HNY, I'm really happy with the distance to Cafe Mickey, parks etc, but one thing I forgot to do while I was there was to wander to the other hotels and try and get a Proper feel for how far they are.

As I am now under pressure to get our Xmas trip booked before all the cheap flights go (disappearing at an alarming speed!), I need to make a call on it.

Is there a decent To Scale map anyway (i.e. not one of these illustrated ones where all the buildings are bigger) I can get a feel for?

As we stand - I know NPB will be fine of course, as that seemed no different to HNY when we were there. But I'm umming over trying SL, and I've not got a clue where it even is. :D

SL is even closer than NPB, it is also on the lake, if you are at HNY it is on thge left side of the lake. It is about a 100 meters more than HNY.

Have a look here on Google Maps.

I think if you were to ask on here, most people would choose Sequoia Lodge over Newport Bay, especially at Christmas time.

I always read different times for hotel distances... I guess it depends on the person.

Me and my friend are very much city-people through and through, and we cannot help but walk fast no matter where we go - so a walk from SL to the main gates is achieved EASILY in under 10minutes for us.

Yet, when I travel with family, it can take as much as 20minutes because they like to stroll and stop to look at everything (no detail goes unnoticed)...

Given the choice of Newport Bay Club or Sequoia Lodge, I would hands-down choose Sequoia Lodge every time! ESPECIALLY during Christmas time! :cloud9:

Sequoia Lodge is next door to Newport Bay Club next to the Lake, but close to Disney Village - it is a very short (couple of minutes) stroll from Hotel New York... It also, for me, has the best bar in the entire resort - especially with the roaring log fire in the evenings :wizard:

Ah, so having looked at the map, the basic answer here is "Seriously, you never looked left?" :D

Thank you all for the answers - I must admit, SL seemed more tempting atmosphere wise for me too, and now I know where it is, well, it seems like an absolute bargain!

So... any words of wisdom on SL? Main area or the outer - Montana is it the best ones? Any other room upgrades or not I should be considering?

:laughing: basically, yes! :rotfl:

Well, at the moment there are refurb works going on. The Montana Rooms used to be in the Main Building (my personal preference as you don't even need to go outside and you can have your breakfast / shopping / bars / characters) and the Standard Rooms were in the outside lodges.

However, due to the refurb works - the Montana Rooms are currently the outside lodges (as they were first to be completed and therefore the newest rooms right now) and the Standard Rooms are in the Main Building... But I cannot for the life of me remember when the completion dates for the refurb are going to be (as the Montana and Standard rooms will be switching back over so that standard are back in the lodges and Montana are in the Main Building).

I hope this is making sense and I'm not rambling too much :rotfl:

Having done a comprehensive tour of the bars that the resort have I would second Adams vote for the Redwood Bar in SL being the nicest in the resort. It is closer to the Village then NPB as the shorter walkway from the NPB was/is (?) closed which meant walking via SL anyway.
I liked the feel of the room we had in NBP but Im into the whole nautical thing anyway.
Cannot wait to get a newly refurb room in the SL this Christmas. They look so fantastic and luxurious. Have a search for the Sequoia Lodge refurb thread here or on DLRP magic to see how the rooms look. Lush!

We're debating between HNY and SL at the minute for honeymoon. DPs rather taken with the look of it :goodvibes

Happy planning :goodvibes

SL is fabulous in the winter months. there's nothing like getting back to your hotel to kick off your trainers and relax in a massive sofa with a hot chocolate (for the children) and a red wine (for Mummy & Daddy) before hitting the sack!

The walk is no more than an extra 2 minutes, even with the slowest of children!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter