• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Real time update on walkway from Poly to MK?

NicholeB630

DIS Veteran
Hi I know there has been discussion on this topic but Im ready mixed reviews in different places. I am thinking the walkway from the Poly to MK is still closed but I was curious if anyone has been there recently like within a week or so to confirm that? Thanks so much! We are going the 26th and staying at the Poly, Im thinking we'll do a Minnie van in the am as the Monorail wont open early enough to get me to the gates as early as Id like ha!

The walkway is not closed, it simply detours around the construction site - crosses the road twice, but crosswalks are marked and lighted at night. Somewhere here on DISboards, @GADisneyDad14 posted a map very recently - if I can find it, I'll link it here. IOW, it's open, it just takes longer to walk.

The portion of the walkway that ran along Seven Seas Lagoon is closed and will be for quite a while.

Edited to add link to GADisneyDad14's post with map of current walkway.

Last edited:

The walkway is not closed, it simply detours around the construction site - crosses the road twice, but crosswalks are marked and lighted at night. Somewhere here on DISboards, @GADisneyDad14 posted a map very recently - if I can find it, I'll link it here. IOW, it's open, it just takes longer to walk.

The portion of the walkway that ran along Seven Seas Lagoon is closed and will be for quite a while.

Edited to add link to GADisneyDad14's post with map of current walkway.
Thank you!!!!

Does it feel safe to walk at night (if you're alone)? Or is it empty?

Obviously pretty personal, but I would say it’s safe. You could easily be the only one between the more populated GF/Poly sides so if that bothers you maybe take that into consideration. There are no truly dark spaces but it’s not perfectly lit either, if that makes sense. Be careful on the two Floridian Way crossings just to be doubly sure any oncoming traffic has stopped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter