Real thoughts on Hollywood and Vine?

It's been too long since we've visited H&V (we swore it off after our first visit back in 2010 :) )

However, if at HS, we love to check out the dining locations in the Boardwalk, Beach Club, Swan, Dolphin area. It's really easy to get to by friendship boat or walking from the entrance of HS. The area is beautiful, and lots of good dining options.

Dan

We have eaten there many times, and we have never not enjoyed our meals. Sure it's loud and chaotic, but for us the food is just fine.

We did the Minnie's Holiday Dine on the very first night it was released a few years ago. We were very impressed. The characters were fantastic - it was neat to see them in the Christmas outfits. The food was excellent.

We've eaten there the past 4 trips. It's not 5 star dining, but everyone has found something they've liked. The character interaction is excellent. We plan to go again.

I did H&V for Halloween and Christmas. They serve hot basic home cooking type food. If you are looking for adventure in dining with fancy sauces, spicy fare, or out of the ordinary ingredients you would not fix yourself, this venue is not for you. The characters are fun and they give away special autograph themed cards and crafts for the kids. I went solo and enjoyed myself.

Thanks everyone. I think it is going on the "will do" list. If for no other reason than Santa Goofy. Goofy is my sons favorite. My son is 28 and over the years we have pictures of him with Goofy. It is fun to look back and see how my son has grown in comparison to Goofy. Anyway, we do not have a Santa Goofy in any of the photos. Hollywood and Vine it is.

I took my niece on a birthday trip in December that was ALL about the character dining. We actually ate at H&V twice in the same day, an early lunch to specifically see Handy Manny, and a later dinner for Minnie in her Christmas dress because my niece had one just like it.

I went in with very low expectations because of the reviews I had read, but was very pleasantly surprised by both meals. There was plenty of good options, the buffet was kept clean and well stock, the staff were wonderful, and the character interaction was great. I wouldn't hesitate to return!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter