• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ready to Book Onboard Activities/Shore Excursions and Site is Undergoing "Maintenance"

Happened with our cruise last July. Just keep trying if you really want something. Otherwise, once it even remotely starts working, others will snag things. Happened to us. Didn’t help that it was a very platinum heavy cruise, and we are silver.

We are Platinum so at least there's that. I'm going to bed but will run down if I wake up at any point.

Why would they do that exactly at the booking window? So frustrating..
Between the five ships and multiple CC status, there are booking windows opening up every single day. It’s impossible for them to take the site down or do ’maintenance’ without possibly interfering with someone.

Last edited:
DCL IT at its FINEST!!! Somewhere, someone at DCL is laughing at taking the site down for maintenance on these days!

Maintenance has to be done from time to time. There are so many sailings and everyone has different booking windows so I'd bet there isn't a day they could do it without interrupting someone. Often places will aim for low traffic times on the website like 3am or something but if it was an urgent issue they may not have had a choice.

Disney wants you to book things and spend money, I can promise they're not purposely going out of their way to frustrate you.

i don't think they schedule it I just think on large/full sailings everyone trying to get on at midnight crashes it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter