Reading Challenge/Goals for 2023--2024 link added

@willowsnn3, Thank you for hosting! I’ll say 75 as this year’s goal. I have enjoyed so many good books that have been listed on these threads, that it’s a definite “must” for me to participate.

Last edited:
I've never joined in before, but recently realized that I don't read as much as I used to - I spend too much time scrolling through my iPad instead. So, I downloaded Goodreads this week and am going to make a conscious effort to read more this year.

I am going to shoot for 26 this year. That works out to one book every 2 weeks and I can easily do that if I put down the iPad.

I've never joined in before, but recently realized that I don't read as much as I used to - I spend too much time scrolling through my iPad instead. So, I downloaded Goodreads this week and am going to make a conscious effort to read more this year.

I am going to shoot for 26 this year. That works out to one book every 2 weeks and I can easily do that if I put down the iPad.
Welcome!

I'm new here but love the idea! I was lazy with my reading last year so I'm going to do better this year. I'll shoot for 36. Got my 3 for January lined up.

1. The Husband Hunters - Anne de Courcy
Non-fiction account of American heiresses marrying into British aristocracy in the Gilded Age.
2. Storm Tide - Wilbur Smith
Another instalment in the Courtney Saga. Been reading Wilbur Smith for 40 years!
3. Downlands - Philippa Gregory
Moving on from Tudor to Stuart intrigue.

Happy reading in 2023!
Welcome!

Happy New Year everyone! I am back for this year. I exceeded my goal of 60 last year by about 5, but noticed I really slowed down when I began working in November. I think I will try a goal of a book a week, so lets make it 52 this year.
Can't wait to get more great recommendations this year! Happy Reading!

#1/50 Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse
Written entirely in free prose, I could have read this in one sitting if I had a free day.
A story of 14 year old Billie Jo growing up in the Oklahoma dust bowl in the early '30s.
Failing wheat crops, never ending dust storms & rain that barely ever comes. A bleak story but one I could not put down. Supposed to be for early teen readers. I really liked it. Planning to check out more of this author's work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter