READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I did a practice run this am- Everyone in my group came up but were not selected- I dont have to select anyone? I selected folks and when I got to the next screen it says I didnt have theme park reversations (which I didnt) So I just keep hitting join and not select anyone?

Trying for this on Saturday-
There will be 4 of us and I am going to make sure we all try at 7 from the resort.
So I see the join button-
Then I will be taken to a second one?
I read something about selecting your party, then thought I read you do not/
That those with park passes will be put in the group- unsure

Quoting @scrappinginontario from a few posts back:

The day you have park reservations, all names will automatically be selected but don’t stop to check, just click Join, Join, Join.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posted tips here! Today was our day. Myself, dh and two 18yo tried right at 7, myself and one of the kids on cell, the other two on wifi, and I scored boarding group 11! I was so relieved and it really was an amazing ride. Our group was called right before 10am, so we easily fit in our 8:25 Savi’s reservation and a ride on Smuggler’s Run with just a little time to shop beforehand!

Does it matter where I am when I try to join the queue at 7:00 am? Can I be on the bus on my way to the park or do I have to be at the park entry already?

Does it matter where I am when I try to join the queue at 7:00 am? Can I be on the bus on my way to the park or do I have to be at the park entry already?

It doesn’t matter where you are, as long as you have a stable internet connection. I might worry about being on the bus and hitting a dead spot at just the wrong moment, but I am an over-worrier😂 and probably you’ll be fine.

Talk to me about strategy for a large group. We are traveling next week with a group of 18 (17 ticketed since 1 is under 3). Everyone is connected to me, but I am not positive that everyone is connected to everyone else. I am the central hub so I am planning on trying to get the BG. There will be 3 adults with phones in my room, so theoretically, I could log into my account on 2 of those devices and have the 3rd doing the atomic clock. We will also have an iPad that I could log in on and let my 8 year old try too. I know not to stop to check that everyone is checked. I will click until I get through all prompts and then check, but I am looking for experiences/tips for big groups. We will have 4 tries since we have 2 park days at HS planned. But, the second day a few won't be in the park with us so I really really want to snag one the first day we are in HS.

DHS isn't opening until 9:00 nowadays. You can't be on a bus heading there at 7:00. The buses haven't started yet. I suspect that if they ever move to an 8:00 opening, they'll move the RotR sign-up time to even earlier. I believe they deliberately chose a sign-up time where people would know their boarding group before they set out to travel to DHS. I think they want to avoid everyone arriving early, as was happening before they switched to the current system.

Talk to me about strategy for a large group. We are traveling next week with a group of 18 (17 ticketed since 1 is under 3). Everyone is connected to me, but I am not positive that everyone is connected to everyone else. I am the central hub so I am planning on trying to get the BG. There will be 3 adults with phones in my room, so theoretically, I could log into my account on 2 of those devices and have the 3rd doing the atomic clock. We will also have an iPad that I could log in on and let my 8 year old try too. I know not to stop to check that everyone is checked. I will click until I get through all prompts and then check, but I am looking for experiences/tips for big groups. We will have 4 tries since we have 2 park days at HS planned. But, the second day a few won't be in the park with us so I really really want to snag one the first day we are in HS.
The process is the exact same for a group of 1 or a group of 50. :)

The key to trying to get a BG is for as many of you to practice now as often as you can.

Thanks to everyone on this board! Just got group 70! Woo hoo!!! We had three of us trying. I practiced for weeks but my 16 year old woke up at 6:59 and got it.
Yeah!! Enjoy the ride!
That's usually the way! lol
My teen was disappointed because I was finally faster than her last time 😂 . I recently got DH practicing for our upcoming trip (he even set an alarm for 6:55!), but usually it's just been me who has practiced.

How long do the boarding groups usually stay open for at 7:00? Also, am I correct that the app auto selects the people that already have a park reservation for Hollywood studios? In my case I have a ton of people on my profile but only the five of us going to the park have tickets and a reservation.

How long do the boarding groups usually stay open for at 7:00? Also, am I correct that the app auto selects the people that already have a park reservation for Hollywood studios? In my case I have a ton of people on my profile but only the five of us going to the park have tickets and a reservation.
You will want to practice getting a BG prior to your trip because as @ENJDisneyFan shared, BGs fill within seconds.

No more than a few seconds.

Yes.
Now you guys got me nervous. I’m only going to WDW for one day and Rise is the main reason we’re going. Just confirming I can practice even though I don’t have a park reservation for the day I’m practicing? I do of course have one for the day we’re going to HS on 6/22. I’m a bit behind since we just decided to go to WDW yesterday. We were originally planning on doing both days we have in Orlando in Universal.

Now you guys got me nervous. I’m only going to WDW for one day and Rise is the main reason we’re going. Just confirming I can practice even though I don’t have a park reservation for the day I’m practicing? I do of course have one for the day we’re going to HS on 6/22. I’m a bit behind since we just decided to go to WDW yesterday. We were originally planning on doing both days we have in Orlando in Universal.
Yes you can practice without a park pass. You can click all the way through to the last step and then you will either get a "sorry you're not in the park" message (which indicates a successful practice, i.e. you would have gotten a BG) or a red error message that "all BGs are full" (meaning you would not have gotten a BG). If you read through the last couple pages on this thread there are lots of tips to help you practice.

Living on the edge!...which means if you fail you need to go to Rock and Roller Coaster.

Well, my 17 year old daughter was the lucky one in our group. She scored boarding group 11 for us on Sunday and group 27 today. She has an iPhone 11 and used AT&T LTE. We are at the Boardwalk and get 4 bars. There were 4 of us trying - everyone was logged into MDE using my login information. She did zero prep and did not practice - we just showed her what to do the night before (“just keep hitting join”) and she hit join about a second before her Garmin running watch hit 7:00am.

Well, my 17 year old daughter was the lucky one in our group. She scored boarding group 11 for us on Sunday and group 27 today. She has an iPhone 11 and used AT&T LTE. We are at the Boardwalk and get 4 bars. There were 4 of us trying - everyone was logged into MDE using my login information. She did zero prep and did not practice - we just showed her what to do the night before (“just keep hitting join”) and she hit join about a second before her Garmin running watch hit 7:00am.
Did just your daughter get the boarding passes for all of you? Did the rest of the family using your account just get the message that there are no more boarding passes available?

I read elsewhere multiple should not try with the same account so was not sure.

Did just your daughter get the boarding passes for all of you? Did the rest of the family using your account just get the message that there are no more boarding passes available?

I read elsewhere multiple should not try with the same account so was not sure.
There is no issue with multiple people using the same account. As soon as one person gets it, everyone else will get a message that they’re already in a group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter