READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing is confusing to me. Do you have to click join three times or two once 7am hits? Some people are saying wait at the AT AT screen till 7 then hit join (3 times). However, you can hit the first join (the AT AT screen) early at say 655. Then from the screen it brought you to at 7 a join button pops up. You hit that and then join again (the select part screen) and then done. There is no reason to wait till 7 to press the first ( ATAT) join right just do it before so that at 7 you only have to press join twice?
If you click Join on the AT AT screen before 7 am, it will take you to the screen that says "This virtual queue is not currently enrolling additional Guests." You would then need to either go back to the AT AT screen, or refresh the second page. Either way, you lose time.

If you time it right, when you click on the AT AT join button, the next screen will have another join button. Too early and that second join button will not be there - and you are screwed.

I just tried a practice run this morning morning and in less than the 3 seconds (going by time.gov and the time took me to click on join-join-join) the bg's were gone . how are so many people here successful so many times in a row? If this is happening now, I can't imagine what it will be like when they increase park capacity in June! We have HS tix for June 1 only. So we have only 2 shots at the bg's.

I just tried a practice run this morning morning and in less than the 3 seconds (going by time.gov and the time took me to click on join-join-join) the bg's were gone . how are so many people here successful so many times in a row? If this is happening now, I can't imagine what it will be like when they increase park capacity in June! We have HS tix for June 1 only. So we have only 2 shots at the bg's.
What steps did you take in your practice run? Did you follow the advice on this thread?

My advice is always to wait on the AT AT screen until the precise moment my phone clock changes to 7am, then Join x3 without stopping to click or read anything.

What steps did you take in your practice run? Did you follow the advice on this thread?
I went to the my queue page and clicked on the join button when it popped up, exactly at 7a, then clicked through, no reading, just clicking. I am reading in other groups that the 1p is easier to get into?

I went to the my queue page and clicked on the join button when it popped up, exactly at 7a, then clicked through, no reading, just clicking. I am reading in other groups that the 1p is easier to get into?
Once I started using the time.gov website to give me the correct time, my success rate improved. The website will show you how much your device, i.e. cellphone or computer, varies from the actual time. The difference can be enough to affect success rate. My method is to open time.gov on another device and when the time hits 6:59:59, I give it a fraction of a pause, and then hit the join button. The reason that I don't hit the join button exactly at 6:59:59 is because it is sometimes too early and by the time you go back to join again, it is too late.

Last edited:
I would give it a try using the AT AT method I posted above. And yes, the 1pm can be easier since there are fewer people trying.

I think that's the issue; you can't really wait until the join button appears, so the AT-AT method (joining from the app's main page) will probably give you a better chance. You don't wait for join to "go live" you just hit join right at time.

Apologies if this question has already been answered somewhere in this 983-page thread(!)--I'm sure it has--but I'm trying to make sure that we make the best of our one chance to get a boarding group in July. My wife and two teenage kids will be with me. They all have phones, but do not have MDE accounts. Can/should we all try to get boarding groups at 7:00 simultaneously, each of us using our own phone, but all of us using my MDE account? Or would it be better to get them each their own accounts, and then link us all as friends and family in the various accounts, and then have everyone try using their own accounts? Or would it not matter?
I concur with the advice that everyone downloads the app on their devices and uses your log in. Just remember, when you are all trying for the BG on that day, 3 of you will likely get the red X and an error notification. Hopefully that is because the 4th person was successful! We have practiced at home with my son logged into my account on his iPad and this is what we've encountered. You guys may want to do practice as you have your one shot at doing this in July. Good luck!!

Once I started using the time.gov website to give me the correct time, my success rate improved. The website will show you how much your device, i.e. cellphone or computer, varies from the actual time. The difference can be enough to affect success rate. My method is to open time.gov on another device and when the time hits 6:59:59, a give it a fraction of a pause, and then hit the join button. The reason that I don't hit the join button exactly at 6:59:59 is because it is sometimes too early and by the time you go back to join again, it is too late.
My phone is exact with the time.gov. I double checked this several minutes before. But you're right, possibly once my phone turns to 7a, I have lost a precious half sec becaus eI could not anticipate it since it doesn't show the seconds. I will try using the time.gov on another device.

I think that's the issue; you can't really wait until the join button appears, so the AT-AT method (joining from the app's main page) will probably give you a better chance. You don't wait for join to "go live" you just hit join right at time.
don't you still have to click through 3 times regardless of the first page you choose? Why would one be faster? Regardless, I will try this tomorrow. I have to wait until friday to try at 1p. Thanks

don't you still have to click through 3 times regardless of the first page you choose? Why would one be faster? Regardless, I will try this tomorrow. I have to wait until friday to try at 1p. Thanks
Yes (you still hit join, join, join), but if you start on the main page of the app with the AT-AT's, you don't wait until the join button goes "live." You click join as soon as the time hits. There are people saying if you wait until that join button you are talking about goes live, it will be too late.

All the practice paid off! BG 88 today

staying at yacht club used lte on AT&T

a brief moment of panic as the wheel spun but just kept hitting whereI knew the join button was.
What you said is key! Knowing exactly where the buttons are going to appear on the screen is so important.

Once I hit the first Join button below the 'AT-AT's' I start feverishly tapping the space on the screen where that Join will be and then once that Join is hit I drop my thumb to the bottom of the screen as I know the final 'Join' button is going to be at the very bottom of the screen and start tapping there. Successful probably 98% of the time.

Stupid question but how do you do the practice run? I'm assuming it has to be before 7 a.m. each morning? That's going to be difficult as I'm either getting ready for work or sleeping. LOL

Stupid question but how do you do the practice run? I'm assuming it has to be before 7 a.m. each morning? That's going to be difficult as I'm either getting ready for work or sleeping. LOL
You can practice at 7am and 1pm. Same process as actually getting a BG, it just doesn’t let you actually receive it unless you have a ticket/ park reservation.

What you said is key! Knowing exactly where the buttons are going to appear on the screen is so important.

Once I hit the first Join button below the 'AT-AT's' I start feverishly tapping the space on the screen where that Join will be and then once that Join is hit I drop my thumb to the bottom of the screen as I know the final 'Join' button is going to be at the very bottom of the screen and start tapping there. Successful probably 98% of the time.

Newbie here, I’ve never practice and we are going June 14th. I guess it’s time too lol are there screen shots of whee to anticipate the join buttons. If I only have my phone with me, how I can utilize the gov.time? Sorry new here just trying to learn 😃

Newbie here, I’ve never practice and we are going June 14th. I guess it’s time too lol are there screen shots of whee to anticipate the join buttons. If I only have my phone with me, how I can utilize the gov.time? Sorry new here just trying to learn 😃
It’s not too late! I recommend having a separate device counting down at time.gov and the moment it hits 7:00:00 hit join, join, join on your separate phone - if you search the thread I know there’s a screen shot

Also a newbie here that tried to practice for the first time today! Our trip is in 8 days so I'm trying to make sure I have this down to a science.

Right at 7:00, I clicked the AT-Ts join.

I then clicked the second join I believe on the bottom right of the "Attractions" subset.

Finally I had myself and the other 6 members of my party and it looked like I would have to click on each one individually which would be a no bueno for getting a boarding pass.

My questions are:

1. Would I have gotten a pass??? It looks like I completed the process but obviously didn't have a ticket so it told me I don't have a reservation.

2. Is there a way to "pre-click" the members of my party or should I split it with my brother in law and hope we both get similar passes??

Thanks for the help! I've tried to find the answers but this thread is pretty HUUUUGGGEEE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter