• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reporting back. We rope dropped DHS this morning. Bus from GF. Walked on MMRR then walked back around and did it again with a wait of maybe 8 minutes. Then TSM, snack, and our BG 28 was called.

Ride in fine working order. Just wow! Even better than we remembered it from December 2019. Done everything by 10:30. Saw the new Mickey cartoon on our way out. Amazing day so far.

Resting up for a couple hours before we go back out and hop. Many thanks to everyone on this thread. So helpful.

I've always started from the third screen ("My Queues") and hit "Join Virtual Queue" as soon as my phone rolls to 7am. I've gotten a boarding group every time (7 for 7).
I did the same thing two weeks ago and got a group from my home in PA for my niece and great niece

Just want to thank this thread for all the tips, we were able to get BG 14 this morning! Today was supposed to be our resort day to prepare for the week ahead, but I'm not gonna chance not getting A BG on our "real" HS studios day on Monday. Was hoping to get a little later one because we just got in at 10pm last night and wanted to sleep in a bit more today, but this has an estimated return time of 160 minutes and now that I got one I'm too excited to fall back asleep for a quick another hour lol

Last edited:
Just want to thank this thread for all the tips, we were able to get BG 14 this morning! Today was supposed to be our resort day to prepare for the week ahead, but I'm not gonna chance not getting A BG on our "real" HS studios day on Monday. Was hoping to get a little later one because we just got in at 10pm last night and wanted to sleep in a bit more today, but this has an estimated return time of 160 minutes and now that I got one I'm too excited to fall back asleep for a quick another hour lol
We got BG 14 too!!!! Same here I was exhausted but now so excited!! Thank you to everyone here! Join join join worked perfectly for us!

Apologies if this question has already been answered somewhere in this 983-page thread(!)--I'm sure it has--but I'm trying to make sure that we make the best of our one chance to get a boarding group in July. My wife and two teenage kids will be with me. They all have phones, but do not have MDE accounts. Can/should we all try to get boarding groups at 7:00 simultaneously, each of us using our own phone, but all of us using my MDE account? Or would it be better to get them each their own accounts, and then link us all as friends and family in the various accounts, and then have everyone try using their own accounts? Or would it not matter?

Last edited:
Apologies if this question has already been answered somewhere in this 983-page thread(!)--I'm sure it has--but I'm trying to make sure that we make the best of our one chance to get a boarding group in July. My wife and two teenage kids will be with me. They all have phones, but do not have MDE accounts. Can/should we all try to get boarding groups at 7:00 simultaneously, each of us using our own phone, but all of using my MDE account? Or would it be better to get them each their own accounts, and then link us all as friends and family in the various accounts, and then have everyone try using their own accounts? Or would it not matter?
Have them all sign into your MDE account. Many groups have been successful that way. Making them individual MDE accounts at this point could complicate other linked plans, if the linkage between your current account and their new one doesn’t work properly.

I just did my first practice run for the 1:00 window. I was at the at-at screen on my phone, ready to go, with my ipad separately watching time.gov. At 12:59:59, I hit the first join. The next screen had only me checked. My wife and kids were there, but I had to click "select all" to include them before hitting the next join. Is there a way to get them automatically checked, so that, next time, I can just hit join, join, join without having to stop and select all in the middle?

I just did my first practice run for the 1:00 window. I was at the at-at screen on my phone, ready to go, with my ipad separately watching time.gov. At 12:59:59, I hit the first join. The next screen had only me checked. My wife and kids were there, but I had to click "select all" to include them before hitting the next join. Is there a way to get them automatically checked, so that, next time, I can just hit join, join, join without having to stop and select all in the middle?
On the day of your DHS reservation, all of the names will be automatically checked. :)

We were able to get BG 25 on Friday and BG 54 today. Both times, we had six of us trying, all logged into my MDE account. Both times, my DS20 got them. At the Riviera, he had WiFi off, at Kidani, WiFi on. Had Bluetooth shut off, and from the AT-AT screen, did the join, join, join.

Thanks so much to everyone who has contributed to this thread!!

Thank you. For the record, post 2 does not seem to exist. And I did not see the answer to my question in post 1.
Agreed. I feel as though post #1 needs to be routinely condensed and amended with current info on best practices for obtaining a boarding pass. Would save all of us having to read 900+ pages to find out what methods works best. And I don't see a post #2 either.

I’m not sure why post 2 was mentioned. It use to be a chart, but was taken down a while ago.

Once you have your park reservation, only those in your mde friends and family with park reservations for DHS will show as checked on the real day.

I have been practicing for the past month. I could get to the "No Park Reservation found" page almost every time.
Will it work just like that on the day when I do it for the real thing? :yoda::yoda:

Agreed. I feel as though post #1 needs to be routinely condensed and amended with current info on best practices for obtaining a boarding pass. Would save all of us having to read 900+ pages to find out what methods works best. And I don't see a post #2 either.
Unfortunately the person who started this thread is no longer on the boards, so post #1 cannot be edited. It sure would be nice though!

Unfortunately the person who started this thread is no longer on the boards, so post #1 cannot be edited. It sure would be nice though!

I will work on it in a week or so. I’m on my way to my Dad’s memorial and plan to unplug from electronics once I arrive and spend time with family. So hang tight and I’ll work on something once I get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter