• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headed to Disney in 6 weeks. Happened to be on my phone just before 6 am central this morning so thought I would try the boarding group process. Surprised it let me start it. When it showed my party, I was the only one checked. So...

1) When the day comes that we have a park reservation for HS, will our entire party already be checked?

2) random question- are multiple family/ friend groups in one boarding group or is each its own boarding group. Surely it must be multiple groups in one boarding group. Otherwise does that have its daily capacity at 600 or so?

Headed to Disney in 6 weeks. Happened to be on my phone just before 6 am central this morning so thought I would try the boarding group process. Surprised it let me start it. When it showed my party, I was the only one checked. So...

1) When the day comes that we have a park reservation for HS, will our entire party already be checked?

2) random question- are multiple family/ friend groups in one boarding group or is each its own boarding group. Surely it must be multiple groups in one boarding group. Otherwise does that have its daily capacity at 600 or so?
1. Yes, everyone in your friends and family list that has a ticket and park pass reservation will be preselected on the day of your reservation.

2. Everyone that is selected will get same boarding group.

The process does allow you to practice to familiarize yourself with the screens. Boarding groups are gone in seconds, so the more familiar you are, the better. The system will recognize that you don't have a park pass and tell you that at the end. If you see that message, you would have gotten a boarding group. If you see a red or blue box pop up at the bottom and say something went wrong, you would not have been successful.

I just talked to two different Disney representatives. One said my boyfriend and I could both try on our own phones for BGs and the other said only one of us should try. Thoughts?
Both try. Disney will (almost) always say only one person should try but hundreds here have reported success with more than one trying.

I had been practicing for weeks... “Go Day” was yesterday.... I was on resort WiFi and inside the room... time came and I went through the steps and got an error message......... my son was outside in the parking lot on cell service...and had only practiced two times.... that stinker got BG 3..... I knew when I had gotten the error that he beat me.... thank you for all the help and training :-)

Child swap was available so two in our party rode twice :-)

Last edited:
Wondering if anyone has heard how the cell service is at Old Key West? We’ll be there in 6 weeks and I’ve never stayed there before. If I have to be out by the pool at 6:45 am I’ll be there:) whatever it takes! Thank you so much for all the tips! I have success with almost every practice, even on Easter Sunday:)

What is AtAt?
I told my sister to do the “start at My Queues” method this morning and it was a big fail. Now I’m nervous for my May trip. She was only a party of 2 and she used the atomic clock, cellular, etc...
I think you’ve already been answered, so hopefully all set now. The AtAt screen isn’t actually its own screen, it’s just a section on the Home Screen. I scroll down to it and get ready to hit the join at 7. I’ve tried other methods and this one works best for me.

Just wanted to share the method we used for our BG 3 this week.....clicked join from the home page (AT pic) prior to 7. Pulled down to refresh (30 seconds out) but held it until 7 when it was released. Then finished the process by clicking join/ continue. without checking the party list.

We were called early and had to report by 940.

I really do appreciate all the information and help from this thread prior to the trip!

Just wanted to share the method we used for our BG 3 this week.....clicked join from the home page (AT pic) prior to 7. Pulled down to refresh (30 seconds out) but held it until 7 when it was released. Then finished the process by clicking join/ continue. without checking the party list.

We were called early and had to report by 940.

I really do appreciate all the information and help from this thread prior to the trip!
Congrats! That's an interesting strategy, holding the refresh for 30 seconds. Guessing it'd work the same as 5 seconds. I always worry the refresh will take too long as sometimes I see it spin awhile before completing.

Again there is no benefit in the "Pull Down" refresh. It does nothing but send extra data to the MDE servers and wait for a response that is not needed. The true purpose behind the refresh function has not been implemented at this time.

Just sit a wait for the clock and start hitting the Join buttons as fast as you can...

Dave

Okay, I've tried practicing two days in a row without success. I click on join queue at about 30 seconds before 7am. By the time the button appears and I have to select party and continue, the queues are already full. It seems like microseconds,

Okay, I've tried practicing two days in a row without success. I click on join queue at about 30 seconds before 7am. By the time the button appears and I have to select party and continue, the queues are already full. It seems like microseconds,
Do not select your party. The system will do it for you on the actual day. Just hit Join-Join-Join starting at 7 AM, not before, and don’t wait for the button to change color! When you are practicing, only you will be selected because no one has the required ticket and park pass for that day. When it’s for real, everyone who meets the requirements will be selected, and if you get a BG and someone was left out, just visit with the Guest Experience CMs in the blue shirts and they’ll fix it.

We have reservations at HS. However, one person in our group wasn’t able to get reservations for HS that day and will be going to Epcot instead but is linked to our Disney experience acct. Is this going to delay or mess us up when we attempt to get a boarding pass for Rise of The Resistance at 7am?

Again there is no benefit in the "Pull Down" refresh. It does nothing but send extra data to the MDE servers and wait for a response that is not needed. The true purpose behind the refresh function has not been implemented at this time.

Just sit a wait for the clock and start hitting the Join buttons as fast as you can...

Dave

I was not thinking about the technical process but rather my reflexes....releasing my finger would be faster than sending my finger to my phone once the magic hour hits.

Last edited:
We have reservations at HS. However, one person in our group wasn’t able to get reservations for HS that day and will be going to Epcot instead but is linked to our Disney experience acct. Is this going to delay or mess us up when we attempt to get a boarding pass for Rise of The Resistance at 7am?
No, it shouldn’t. The system automatically selects only those who have a park reservation for DHS that day. No one else, whether they have a pass for another park or at home far away from WDW, will be selected.

It won't affect your availability but will mean that the person who does not have a park reservation for DHS will not be able to ride RotR with you as they will not be eligible to get a BG.

Do not select your party. The system will do it for you on the actual day. Just hit Join-Join-Join starting at 7 AM, not before, and don’t wait for the button to change color! When you are practicing, only you will be selected because no one has the required ticket and park pass for that day. When it’s for real, everyone who meets the requirements will be selected, and if you get a BG and someone was left out, just visit with the Guest Experience CMs in the blue shirts and they’ll fix it.

Thanks. The one part that confuses me, and I've seen people mention it before . is the part about not waiting for the button to change color (or as we techies call it, becomes enabled). I don't. I click join queue at 30 seconds before 7am and I cannot go any further on the next screen until 7am when the next button appears. Does that make sense? Or should I just go by the clock and hit the button at 7am on the dot?

Thanks. The one part that confuses me, and I've seen people mention it before . is the part about not waiting for the button to change color (or as we techies call it, becomes enabled). I don't. I click join queue at 30 seconds before 7am and I cannot go any further on the next screen until 7am when the next button appears. Does that make sense? Or should I just go by the clock and hit the button at 7am on the dot?
Apparently it is enabled a few seconds before it actually changes color to signal it's enabled? A lot of people like to use an atomic clock to countdown, and then hit the join button on the AT-AT (first) page 2-3 seconds prior to 7:00. Follow that by just clicking through the next 2 join buttons in succession without reading anything/choosing your party/thinking about it. That seems to be a successful method- at least anecdotally here.

I’ve only used and taught the method that starts at the AT-AT picture, clicking Join at 7:00 AM sharp, and have never paid attention to what color the button is. My family has been successful 8 times, either myself or a family member I taught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter