• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting this - it is really helpful. This is generally what I get, too, with one major exception.

Now that I am getting consistently successful, I am curious about not clicking on the rest of the members of the party before hitting Join. I know that is what I am supposed to do according to everyone on here and am able to get to the final screen saying "No Park Reservation" doing that. (Choosing the individual members of the party seems to be the slow down that prevents many people from getting a BG).

So I have not been clicking on the other members of my party, but when I get to the final screen, it only lists me as one to remove, none of the other members have come with me to this screen to be removed. In these screenshots, I noticed that it presented multiple people to remove.

So I am curious about that.
I practice without clicking on 'Select All' on my first pass, and it shows me only as well. However, what you see in my final screen shot is me trying to test how fast I am, or seeing how long it takes before the process is shut down. So I go back and quickly do 'Select All' to test that part and hit Join again.

So as a disclaimer about my final screen shot, it is a result of the 'Select All' option.

Now, since I have not experienced that myself, in back of mind I am always telling myself, don't worry, your F&F will be selected like everyone else suggests and you will be fine 😊

I practice without clicking on 'Select All' on my first pass, and it shows me only as well. However, what you see in my final screen shot is me trying to test how fast I am, or seeing how long it takes before the process is shut down. So I go back and quickly do 'Select All' to test that part and hit Join again.

So as a disclaimer about my final screen shot, it is a result of the 'Select All' option.

Now, since I have not experienced that myself, in back of mind I am always telling myself, don't worry, your F&F will be selected like everyone else suggests and you will be fine 😊
Huh - So you have additionally been successful going back and selecting All, and still getting to that screen? Interesting!

The third screenshot I believe is what you get if it prefills for you when you have a reservation, I'm going to show my son that and then hope he can figure out where to click on the final screen.

The third screenshot I believe is what you get if it prefills for you when you have a reservation, I'm going to show my son that and then hope he can figure out where to click on the final screen.
Interesting point on the 'reservation' part. I have always practiced with a future reservation, since this thing has been eluding me since last year, when my trip was originally scheduled for April 2020. I am so ready to move on, after April 8th, 2021 (my current reservation). Just one shot at it! I know they say to have multiple HS days, but I am working with a 4 day base ticket here. Given the weeks and crowds also, this is my only chance. Will it be end of the world if I do not get it? Yes, it will be. I don't think I will ever get over the shock of practicing for this many days, and not getting it on the actual day LOL

Interesting point on the 'reservation' part. I have always practiced with a future reservation, since this thing has been eluding me since last year, when my trip was originally scheduled for April 2020. I am so ready to move on, after April 8th, 2021 (my current reservation). Just one shot at it! I know they say to have multiple HS days, but I am working with a 4 day base ticket here. Given the weeks and crowds also, this is my only chance. Will it be end of the world if I do not get it? Yes, it will be. I don't think I will ever get over the shock of practicing for this many days, and not getting it on the actual day LOL
I could have written this - except for the fact that we have 1 day at Disney, and only really going because of Galaxy's Edge. Our trip was also postponed from last year. Technically, I have 2 shots at it, since we are spending the full day in HS and can try again at 1pm if we don't get it.

I told my wife to prepare to just pack up and go home if we don't get it!

(I hope I don't need to say that this is all in jest, and I am not (completely) serious about it. I will be disappointed if we don't get it, and so will the kiddos, but we will carry on!)

Any tips for getting it at 1pm within the park if we don't get it at 7am from our hotel?

I could have written this - except for the fact that we have 1 day at Disney, and only really going because of Galaxy's Edge. Our trip was also postponed from last year. Technically, I have 2 shots at it, since we are spending the full day in HS and can try again at 1pm if we don't get it.

I told my wife to prepare to just pack up and go home if we don't get it!

(I hope I don't need to say that this is all in jest, and I am not (completely) serious about it. I will be disappointed if we don't get it, and so will the kiddos, but we will carry on!)

Any tips for getting it at 1pm within the park if we don't get it at 7am from our hotel?
We were supposed to last year as well, but we at least have 6 tries not counting the afternoon. I'm not super upset about it although I do hope we can at least get it once or twice, because there are 4 rides there besides this one that we haven't been on yet, so I have plenty to do.

So I finally booked a trip for the first full week of June as my family and I will be fully vaccinated + 2-3 weeks by then.

I was wondering about arrival day plans. My flight gets in at 11:18 AM and I *might* be able to get to the park by 1PM, but that'd be relying on Magical Express and things going smoothly at All-Star Movies. So, let's operate on the assumption I wouldn't make the 1PM drop.

If I wanted to try to get a boarding pass at 7AM, what would the strategy be for trying to get one that is later in the day? Approximately what boarding group number would I be looking for? Is it possible to refresh the system to get a later boarding group if the one I initially get is too early? Is it even worth it to have HS as an arrival day park? Should I go elsewhere instead- my first day is a Sunday, June 6th. My understanding is HS is the best weekend park since crowds at the other parks greatly increase on weekends due to locals, but HS is steadily busy all days. I would use this half day to knock out as much as I can even if I can't get on ROTR. I WILL have a hopper.

I will have at least 2 other full days at HS but I want to make darn sure I get on this at least once as I haven't been since before TSL opened.

So I finally booked a trip for the first full week of June as my family and I will be fully vaccinated + 2-3 weeks by then.

I was wondering about arrival day plans. My flight gets in at 11:18 AM and I *might* be able to get to the park by 1PM, but that'd be relying on Magical Express and things going smoothly at All-Star Movies. So, let's operate on the assumption I wouldn't make the 1PM drop.

If I wanted to try to get a boarding pass at 7AM, what would the strategy be for trying to get one that is later in the day? Approximately what boarding group number would I be looking for? Is it possible to refresh the system to get a later boarding group if the one I initially get is too early? Is it even worth it to have HS as an arrival day park? Should I go elsewhere instead- my first day is a Sunday, June 6th. My understanding is HS is the best weekend park since crowds at the other parks greatly increase on weekends due to locals, but HS is steadily busy all days. I would use this half day to knock out as much as I can even if I can't get on ROTR. I WILL have a hopper.

I will have at least 2 other full days at HS but I want to make darn sure I get on this at least once as I haven't been since before TSL opened.
If it were me and there was an option to choose another park on arrival day, I would. There is no way to try to get a certain BG number. Dropping and refreshing would mean you would not get another BG, at least at 7AM. Right now BGs are gone within 2-3 seconds.

With a flight arriving at 11:18 by the time you claim your luggage, get to MDE, drive to your resort, do something with your luggage, take a bus to DHS....you'd be hard pressed to do all that in less than 2 hours so the chances of tapping in my 1 PM are slim.

IF you can choose another park for arrival day that would be my recommendation.

So, there's no way for you to know what number you'd get, but somewhere over 60 would be best as it would probably be closest to your arrival. However, I know others on here have been in similar predicaments and just got the BG. If your number has been called and expired, just explain the situation. There's a good chance they'll let you on anyway, but not always. Just be kind to everyone involved and good luck

If it were me and there was an option to choose another park on arrival day, I would. There is no way to try to get a certain BG number. Dropping and refreshing would mean you would not get another BG, at least at 7AM. Right now BGs are gone within 2-3 seconds.

With a flight arriving at 11:18 by the time you claim your luggage, get to MDE, drive to your resort, do something with your luggage, take a bus to DHS....you'd be hard pressed to do all that in less than 2 hours so the chances of tapping in my 1 PM are slim.

I would agree with this. Epcot would be my choice since it opens the latest and will be one to stay open later too

I have a Rolex, nice looking watch, but keeps incredibly bad time LOL. Only one who has an apple watch is the wife and she isn't coming.
This cracks me up. I know exactly what you mean. I have a Rolex as well, and it kept horrible time. I wore it for 20+ years, but I finally gave up a few years ago, put it in a safe deposit box, and bought an apple watch.

I would agree with this. Epcot would be my choice since it opens the latest and will be one to stay open later too
Thanks for these insightful posts.

I do not plan on going to Epcot at all this trip. If I do, it would be with the hopper after 2pm for food and browsing shops only. I have no interest in the rides or other attractions. If Ratatouille were open, I would go there just for that, but alas.

For what it's worth, my must-dos in HS are Slinky, MMRR, ROTR, Smuggler's Run, Alien SS, and ToT. I do figure I could knock out most of those on arrival day even if I don't get ROTR done, but ROTR would certainly be up in the air based on your posts.

Would MK or AK be a better bet? I imagine both will be busy. I have done MK on arrival day before to great success but it was on a weekday and FP+ still existed. I do have 2 days each at AK and MK planned already. I imagine if I go to one of them arrival day, I would switch out one of those days for HS.

I only have a few priorities at AK: Na'vi, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Everest, and the trails, but they will likely close at 5pm, giving me only a few hours, and lines will likely still be long at Na'vi and Safaris and the trails crowded. The Safaris are best in the morning anyway.

I'm thinking the best bet would if I switch would be MK. Could knock off a fair few of the rides there, and switch HS for one of the MK days. I only have 10 rides that I consider must do at MK: 7DMT, Peter Pan, IASW, HM, BTMRR, Splash, Pirates, Magic Carpets (am I crazy or what?) Mermaid, and Mad Tea Party. I could likely do several of those with 4-5 hours.

Given that, would you switch?

Last edited:
We have 4 different families going in May each with our own MDE accounts,we’re all listed on each other’s friends and family lists so just to be sure we can each try on our phones from our rooms at Old Key West?

We have 4 different families going in May each with our own MDE accounts,we’re all listed on each other’s friends and family lists so just to be sure we can each try on our phones from our rooms at Old Key West?
Yep! In December we had 3 families and 5 phones trying and were successful twice!

Thanks for these insightful posts.

I do not plan on going to Epcot at all this trip. If I do, it would be with the hopper after 2pm for food and browsing shops only. I have no interest in the rides or other attractions. If Ratatouille were open, I would go there just for that, but alas.

For what it's worth, my must-dos in HS are Slinky, MMRR, ROTR, Smuggler's Run, Alien SS, and ToT. I do figure I could knock out most of those on arrival day even if I don't get ROTR done, but ROTR would certainly be up in the air based on your posts.

Would MK or AK be a better bet? I imagine both will be busy. I have done MK on arrival day before to great success but it was on a weekday and FP+ still existed. I do have 2 days each at AK and MK planned already. I imagine if I go to one of them arrival day, I would switch out one of those days for HS.

I only have a few priorities at AK: Na'vi, Kilimanjaro Safaris, Everest, and the trails, but they will likely close at 5pm, giving me only a few hours, and lines will likely still be long at Na'vi and Safaris and the trails crowded. The Safaris are best in the morning anyway.

I'm thinking the best bet would if I switch would be MK. Could knock off a fair few of the rides there, and switch HS for one of the MK days. I only have 9 rides that I consider must do at MK: 7DMT, Peter Pan, IASW, HM, BTMRR, Splash, Pirates, Magic Carpets (am I crazy or what?), and Mad Tea Party. I could likely do several of those with 4-5 hours.

Given that, would you switch?
I was reading on the here now and just back thread that the last couple hours in the evenings can still be a good time to enjoy Hollywood Studios. However, mid day can be brutal with long wait times and mostly out door queues with little shade, plus it’ll be hotter and more humid in June.

how many days do you have planned for MK and AK? If only 1 you may appreciate having an extra half day. But, you may also enjoy going to HS 3 times. 😀 It’s my favorite park, but the rides I like can be done in the morning with lower lines and perfect timing, so 2 days on a trip were enough for me on our last trip.

this has gotten a bit off topic for this thread, so to conclude, I’ll say this. Schedule HS, and if you don’t get a BG, and passes to other parks are available, it may be worth it to switch, if you want a little more time in another park.

this has gotten a bit off topic for this thread, so to conclude, I’ll say this. Schedule HS, and if you don’t get a BG, and passes to other parks are available, it may be worth it to switch, if you want a little more time in another park.
That actually makes sense. Also, I'll probably only be getting to a park around 1pmish... which means that if I wait an hour, I can hop to any park I want! I would be fine just chilling for an hour, grabbing lunch at the hotel and heading to another park if I decide not to do HS for that day. Thank you for thinking it through with me, and sorry for going OT! I'll make my wait out now....

That actually makes sense. Also, I'll probably only be getting to a park around 1pmish... which means that if I wait an hour, I can hop to any park I want! I would be fine just chilling for an hour, grabbing lunch at the hotel and heading to another park if I decide not to do HS for that day. Thank you for thinking it through with me, and sorry for going OT! I'll make my wait out now....
If you gave a park hopper ticket you can only hop to a park that you don’t have a reservation for after you have tapped into your first park.

The first park of a day that you go to must be the park you have a reservation for. As soon as you tap in you can hop but you must tap in.

Good dose of reality I guess, actually failed to get a BG this AM for the first time since the early days. We’ve had a good run, had to happen sometime.

Guess I’ll give this 1pm deal a try! :goodvibes
Huh - this morning I was able to click through on Join, got through, then went back and clicked the whole party, clicked Join again, and still got through. Tried it a third time, and got the red screen. Weird how inconsistent it can be...

Huh - this morning I was able to click through on Join, got through, then went back and clicked the whole party, clicked Join again, and still got through. Tried it a third time, and got the red screen. Weird how inconsistent it can be...
Starting to feel randomized almost. I hope it isn't and everyone has an equal chance ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter