READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The major tips are to have a seconds clock to hit exactly at 7a or 1p, know where each button will be, hit "join-join-join" as fast as you can without any hesitating or checking of names.

In fact this might sound blasphemous but I think using a second phone with a world clock to see exact seconds is more important then having some one else try for a BG with that second phone while waiting blindly for the clock to change to 7a or 1p.

Attempted a practice round at 1pm today and got the "current booking window now full" message. I used the official US time clock, hit join right at 1, and failed.

Any specific tips here? I'm getting more nervous as I'm heading there soon and continue to fail at every practice attempt.

Thanks!
As soon as the clock hits 7am or 1pm - hit Join buttons as fast as possible and don't stop to click any names. They will be pre-selected on your park day.

I tried for fun today and got in too fast (12:59:58ish), hit back, got back in and got one.

I hold my phone on an angle so I can see the join now button a bit better (my thumb usually blocks my view).

Not much of a tip I know...

The major tips are to have a seconds clock to hit exactly at 7a or 1p, know where each button will be, hit "join-join-join" as fast as you can without any hesitating or checking of names.

In fact this might sound blasphemous but I think using a second phone with a world clock to see exact seconds is more important then having some one else try for a BG with that second phone while waiting blindly for the clock to change to 7a or 1p.
On my January 2020 trip, I was following time.gov until five seconds remained, and then mentally counted down those last five. It worked for me several times. However, that was under the old 'you-must-be-in-the-park' system and back then you still had maybe 5-8 seconds to get in. I believe someone upthread mentioned that they were using a separate laptop display with time.gov running (a tablet or another phone would also be fine, of course). That's going to be my approach for upcoming May trip.

Yesterday morning we got boarding group 38, using all these tips, having practiced a few times, beforehand. We were done with HS before noon! (Because, sadly, no Citizens of Hollywood >:(😞). Hoping to snag an even better BG on Thursday. Thank you!

Just wanted to say thank you so much for all these tips!! I've never posted here, but I read the first page and several pages back. I practiced a few times this past week, and this morning I was able to get boarding group 5!! This is our only hollywood studios day, so I had almost just written off getting to ride this one. Without that tips, I know I wouldn't have. Thank you!!

Just wanted to say thank you so much for all these tips!! I've never posted here, but I read the first page and several pages back. I practiced a few times this past week, and this morning I was able to get boarding group 5!! This is our only hollywood studios day, so I had almost just written off getting to ride this one. Without that tips, I know I wouldn't have. Thank you!!
Congrats! Enjoy the ride and your HS day!

Any chance you can list out the exact steps you took?

Currently there are three paths to Joining at 7 am and 1 pm:

1. AT-AT Join
2. Going to Status screen, and pulling down to manual refresh
3. Going to Check Status> that takes you to a screen that has 'Join Vurtual Queue' button with 'My Queues' on top.

In practicing, I feel that method 1 has worked the best. Not sure how people get #2 to work on consistent basis as it seems like the one where the timing of pulling down action and the server responding has to be precise. # 3 is just another way of going to the status screen, as # 1, but I find # 1 to be best from my perspective and where my thumb/eyes naturally go to look for the second Join to appear, after the first Join click.

Last edited:
3. Going to Check Status> that takes you to a screen that has 'Join Vurtual Queue' button with 'My Queues' on top.
Just a quick note: both methods 2 & 3 are the same thing and there is no need to do a pull-down refresh. Just hit the Join Virtual Queue Button at 7 AM or 1 PM.

Dave

Just a quick note: both methods 2 & 3 are the same thing and there is no need to do a pull-down refresh. Just hit the Join Virtual Queue Button at 7 AM or 1 PM.

Dave
That hasn't been my experience at all (unless I'm reading it wrong) - though I've only practiced about 6 times (all but first successful).

After first 2 practices I never saw a Join button appear on the Virtual Status screen when going from At At at 1pm. So I started moving to the Virtual Status screen at 12:59 and then pulling down to refresh when my clock struck 1 (b/c the join never seems to appear if I'm just waiting for it). BUT, I do use a Samsung and it seems we have the "jumpy" Virtual Status screen when joining from At At, so maybe that's why?

Today I tried to use the time.gov clock and I pulled my refresh at 12:59:59 and nothing. I had to pull it down again to get the blue join.

Then the names page wouldn't load, and the join button at the bottom was "greyed" out. I just kept hitting it anyway and had success.

I'm going to keep practicing with a pull down on Virtual Status screen when my phone hits 1 as that seems the smoothest for me (Samsung Galaxy 10).

I want to set up my daughter's iphone soon and try it from that. See if the process is different...

1. AT-AT Join

In practicing, I feel that method 1 has worked the best. Not sure how people get #2 to work on consistent basis as it seems like the one where the timing of pulling down action and the server responding has to be precise. # 3 is just another way of going to the status screen, as # 1, but I find # 1 to be best from my perspective and where my thumb/eyes naturally go to look for the second Join to appear, after the first Join click.

Tried method #2 today at 1pm and unsuccessful again. I'm still yet to have a successful practice run and beginning to develop a severe inferiority complex.

1. AT-AT Join

I always use method 1 when practicing and have got a BG every time so far. I also just wait until my phone clock turns to time. I don’t mess around with world clocks or anything like that.

1. AT-AT Join

^^^^^This ^^^^^^ I always use method #1 and have been successful every practice 7am and 1pm and also got BG 12 for family. I marked my phone case so the ATAT join button from the home page aligns with the join button on the virtual queue page. I use time.gov and countdown the last 5 seconds in my head while switching back to MDE. Join, join, and then keep hitting the grayed out join button for however long it takes until you see your boarding group (real) or the 'not so fast' page. Don't wait for the grayed out join button to turn blue.

Just had my first experience with the 1pm boarding group drop. There was a certain amount of anxiety (with boarding groups - plenty of anxiety elsewhere) that I haven’t experienced since January 2020. I was able to get a BG; I think my problem with not getting one this morning was the split second I checked to make sure both party members were present. This time I didn’t even bother - just clicked and clicked. So yay!
I will say, it was kinda fun hearing the pockets of cheers around us as people got their groups. While I LOVE being able to try from the hotel,

Any chance you can list out the exact steps you took?
I pulled up time.gov on one device and watched when it hit right at seven on the seconds. Then I just hit join join as quickly as possible. I used data instead of the hotel WiFi. I practiced one morning earlier this week and the wifi froze on me or something. I did a speed test and the wifi was showing faster but I kept having issues with it. So, I just went with the data and it worked for me.

Finally got the “Not So Fast!” page, so it can be done! The load time for “checking friends and family” was shorter, so it has to be the processing speed of the app on my phone that has been holding me up on prior test runs. I’m not sure what was going on differently in my phone—tips would be to make sure I close out all apps anddd what else? 558837

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter