READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are at Disney this week, I woke up today at 6:30am and have been refreshing the app since then until the clock hit 7:00am. As soon as the app showed the join button I pressed it and the app showed the message saying the queue was already full!!! what the heck! it was 7:01am !! Very frustrating, this is the second time we come to Hollywood Studios and we can't join this ride. The first time was in January 2020, I joined at 9:05am from inside the park and got a group, but the ride broke in the late morning and they gave us a complementary ticket as compensation, which is the one we are using today...

I will try again at 1pm from the park but I'm not very optimistic, if we don't get a group then we will leave the park and go back to the resort to enjoy the rest of the day. Coming from Virginia which limits your chances to visit the park makes this even more frustrating.

I was using my iPhone 8 from the hotel's wifi (Wyndham Grand Resort).

My 16 year old son and I are spending only 2 days in the parks following his volleyball tournament in Orlando at the end of this month. We have only one day to get this right! I’ve been practicing at home and I am successful each time, but my home WiFi is fast. We will be staying off property somewhere in the Marriott chain because of a gazillion points. I think you can upgrade the internet to enhanced but I’m guessing it’s still slower than home. I’m thinking of training my 13 year old son and having him log on to my account from home on the day we are there, to help our chances. Is this a bad idea?

We are at Disney this week, I woke up today at 6:30am and have been refreshing the app since then until the clock hit 7:00am. As soon as the app showed the join button I pressed it and the app showed the message saying the queue was already full!!! what the heck! it was 7:01am !! Very frustrating, this is the second time we come to Hollywood Studios and we can't join this ride. The first time was in January 2020, I joined at 9:05am from inside the park and got a group, but the ride broke in the late morning and they gave us a complementary ticket as compensation, which is the one we are using today...

I will try again at 1pm from the park but I'm not very optimistic, if we don't get a group then we will leave the park and go back to the resort to enjoy the rest of the day. Coming from Virginia which limits your chances to visit the park makes this even more frustrating.

Yikes, that’s a lot of refreshing. Boarding groups are gone in 5 seconds, so if you’re refreshing on just before or a couple seconds after 7, I can see it not working. Good luck at 1.

Last edited:

Don't refresh
Open the app around 12:58 and just click join join join from the front page (at at) as soon as your phone turns to 1pm. MTFBWY

Just got back from DW a couple days ago. We went to DHS 3 times and I woke up to get BGs all three times. First time, I got BG 30. 2nd time I got #1 and 3rd time, #4.

The method outlined here works like a charm. Thank you for the assistance!

Just got back from DW a couple days ago. We went to DHS 3 times and I woke up to get BGs all three times. First time, I got BG 30. 2nd time I got #1 and 3rd time, #4.

The method outlined here works like a charm. Thank you for the assistance!
Which method exactly? I read the first post, there didn’t seem to be any specific advice, am I missing something? It’s harder to read everything from my phone. I’ll be able to read on a computer tonight, maybe I am missing something! Thanks!

I tried again and made it for 1pm and it was awesome!! Best ride so far. I turned off the wifi and switched to LTE, and while standing in the line for Smugglers Run, I waited until it was exactly 1pm on my iPhone then I hit join and was assigned group 109!! It took around 3 hours for our group to be called, in the meantime we ate and went to a few rides. Very cool.547567547570

I tried again and made it for 1pm and it was awesome!! Best ride so far. I turned off the wifi and switched to LTE, and while standing in the line for Smugglers Run, I waited until it was exactly 1pm on my iPhone then I hit join and was assigned group 109!! It took around 3 hours for our group to be called, in the meantime we ate and went to a few rides. Very cool.View attachment 547567View attachment 547570
Awesome, glad you were successful at 1 and you enjoyed the ride.

My 16 year old son and I are spending only 2 days in the parks following his volleyball tournament in Orlando at the end of this month. We have only one day to get this right! I’ve been practicing at home and I am successful each time, but my home WiFi is fast. We will be staying off property somewhere in the Marriott chain because of a gazillion points. I think you can upgrade the internet to enhanced but I’m guessing it’s still slower than home. I’m thinking of training my 13 year old son and having him log on to my account from home on the day we are there, to help our chances. Is this a bad idea?
It’s not a bad idea. I wouldn’t use hotel WiFi, but go with cellular data.

So now with hopping allowed, what’s the deal? I was watching a live-streamer this morning who was at Animal Kingdom at opening, so he must have had that as his park reservation. But he has a boarding group for ROTR already. How does that happen?

So now with hopping allowed, what’s the deal? I was watching a live-streamer this morning who was at Animal Kingdom at opening, so he must have had that as his park reservation. But he has a boarding group for ROTR already. How does that happen?
Thats a stumper as Disney has said you can only get a BG if DHS is your park with a reservation. Might be a glitch they need to fix and quickly!

I really wish Disney would limit rides and ADR's at popular restaurants to ONCE per person for the first TWO years after said ride or restaurant opens. They have the technology to do it. There is PLENTY of other things for visitors to do than the new rides and it would make it more fair. There is no reason for them NOT to limit these establishments on new attractions. And yes, someone traveling 20 hours and getting to go once every 5 years SHOULD take priority over AP Drone #546 who is on their 17th ride.

I really wish Disney would limit rides and ADR's at popular restaurants to ONCE per person for the first TWO years after said ride or restaurant opens. They have the technology to do it. There is PLENTY of other things for visitors to do than the new rides and it would make it more fair. There is no reason for them NOT to limit these establishments on new attractions. And yes, someone traveling 20 hours and getting to go once every 5 years SHOULD take priority over AP Drone #546 who is on their 17th ride.
Your point has been discussed over and over again here. Consensus is: every entry ticket has the same capabilities to ride anything that person wants . You can't limit someone with a valid ticket to not ride something because they've done it already.
Using the methods discussed in this thread 99% of the people have success booking a bg

Also wanted to say thanks for the advice to disable location services. I’m coming over from Universal and got through the grab so fast I didn’t even realize I had got the group at first

Trying tomorrow for a BG, I have a rather large friends and family list. For some reason I can't take them off my list. But they do not all have reservation passes, although I still have 6 in my party who do have reservations...after I hit the two join buttons lined up, with the third join button be way down past my long list of friends/family? I'm wondering if I'll need to scroll to hit the third join, I wish I could take them off but it won't let me for some reason. But since only 6 of us have actual reservations I'm assuming no one else will show up anyway. So even if it's just the 6 of us that show up, will I need to scroll down to see the third join button? Thank you for everyone who has contributed to this thread and given tips, super helpful!!

Trying tomorrow for a BG, I have a rather large friends and family list. For some reason I can't take them off my list. But they do not all have reservation passes, although I still have 6 in my party who do have reservations...after I hit the two join buttons lined up, with the third join button be way down past my long list of friends/family? I'm wondering if I'll need to scroll to hit the third join, I wish I could take them off but it won't let me for some reason. But since only 6 of us have actual reservations I'm assuming no one else will show up anyway. So even if it's just the 6 of us that show up, will I need to scroll down to see the third join button? Thank you for everyone who has contributed to this thread and given tips, super helpful!!
Mtfbwy! I’m not sure, but I believe you’ll still need to scroll. Hopefully you can do a quick flip swipe to scroll down to the bottom as fast as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter