• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally woke up early enough to practice getting a 7am BG, and this morning's attempt was a success. Made it all the way to the "oops you don't have a ticket, honey" page. I really think practicing it is key for me getting a BG. I need to know exactly what is coming up on each page and exactly where to tap without a second's hesitation.

So I practiced today too, so getting to the you don’t have a ticket page would have equalled a boarding pass?

Got boarding group 21 using cell service on a Samsung Note 20 Tuesday morning! WiFi was considerably lower for us at Gran Destino so did not use. BG called around 9:45am! We took a lyft directly to front entrance around 8:15am and got there after they started letting people in so lower crowds at front. Grabbed a ronto roaster until called.

We were here last December, the week ROTR opened, and had to be at parks before 6am for a good chance at getting a BG. We were very fortunate to ride twice last year during all of the point of entry changes at HS and I have to say, this year was so much smoother! Just have to time pushing those join buttons at exactly 7am on the best connection! Good luck!!!

edit: adding hotel and Lyft

Last edited:

Could be! By a second! We will practice again tomorrow. My son got in but it said everyone needs to be in the park? Does his app need update? Or is that normal
This is normal when you're practicing, since none of the people in your party have a park reservation for today or have entered the park.

Could be! By a second! We will practice again tomorrow. My son got in but it said everyone needs to be in the park? Does his app need update? Or is that normal
Depending on type of phone you have, it may be off by a second or two. My iPhone works every time right when time changes to 7:00:00 but my android phone is usually off, so if I go by that clock I have to refresh, so I just look at my android seconds app until 5 seconds til, then countdown in my head while watching the iPhone. As soon as the iPhone time changes, I click join on both. My android is almost always faster to get through. It’s a terrible back n forth setup, but as long as I get a BG in 3 weeks, I won’t complain, lol.

Thanks for all the advice here, I have one day to hit DHS and really really hope we can get a BG. That said, I've tried two days in a row now with success but still very nervous. My question is, when I join I have to add the members of my group which is slowing me down slightly to select names. Do I need to do that, can I set it to default to certain people with having to select after hitting join or once I'm on that page am I holding a BG already?

Thanks for all the advice here, I have one day to hit DHS and really really hope we can get a BG. That said, I've tried two days in a row now with success but still very nervous. My question is, when I join I have to add the members of my group which is slowing me down slightly to select names. Do I need to do that, can I set it to default to certain people with having to select after hitting join or once I'm on that page am I holding a BG already?
When you have a park pass reservation,all family and friends with the reservation will be selected on that day. When practicing, just skip adding people to simulate the park day experience

When you have a park pass reservation,all family and friends with the reservation will be selected on that day. When practicing, just skip adding people to simulate the park day experience

Ahh, thanks so much! Was worried about that slowing me down. I'm confident since I'm 2 for 2 but have one more day to practice.

Ahh, thanks so much! Was worried about that slowing me down. I'm confident since I'm 2 for 2 but have one more day to practice.
I'm impressed that you've made it through after pausing to select your family/friends. That's a good sign I should think. As said above, you won't need to do that in the park. Just push through that screen without looking at who has been chosen. If someone gets missed, go to one of the CM kiosks thoughtout the park and they will fix your boarding group to include all who have a park reservation. Getting a boarding pass is all you should be concerned with.

Last edited:
I'm impressed that you've made it through after pausing to select your family/friends. That's a good sign I should think. As said above, you won't need to do that in the park. Just push through that screen without looking at who has been chosen. If someone gets missed, go to one of the CM kiosks thoughtout the park and they will fix your boarding group to include all who have a park reservation. Getting a boarding pass is all you should be concerned with.
I'm surprised too! I tried this morning for the first time in a long time. My buttons were not lined up as people have suggested here but still clicking right through I would not have got a BG. Not going for a very long time so not practicing but this was my experience this morning.

I'm surprised too! I tried this morning for the first time in a long time. My buttons were not lined up as people have suggested here but still clicking right through I would not have got a BG. Not going for a very long time so not practicing but this was my experience this morning.
My niece in-law tried practicing for the first time this morning and also didn't make it through. Maybe the connection to Disney wasn't perfect this morning.

Thanks for responding. I'm not onsite until the 28th, so I have several more days to practice. I'm also wondering if maybe my sign-in to the app dropped, which happens now and then. I have an ancient phone (iPhone 6), so that's not going to due me any favors. The rest of my group will have much better phones, now I just have to convince them of the need to practice. They've been DVC for years and are super non-planning wing-it kind of people. They don't even try for fast passes (pre-covid) or ADR's before trips. It's unfathomable.
From our iPhone personal experience. I have the new iPhone Pro and my wife has an iPhone 10. By the time she thought she had our boarding group I already had BG 6. I told her next time I think this is a great reason to get a new phone :).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter